**The Official Minnesota Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Did anyone set on going to MN make a facebook group yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I still have "invited for interview" status on AADSAS. Is there still a chance for acceptance/waitlist offer? I'd be heartbroken if that's not the case.

im OOS from texas and currently have HOLD status. they told me i have better chance since im OOS.

im OOS from texas and currently have HOLD status. they told me i have better chance since im OOS.
Hey aznboi. You have a HOLD status on your AADSAS? I'm OOS as well, only have invited for interview on my status.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called the assistant dean and she told me that. I have invited for interview status

Hey if you want people to join your group you may want to make it searchable on Facebook...

I was reading a few post about not being able to get residency if you are out of state, and I just want to say I am out of state, and got residency and in-state tuition my first year (currently in it).

If you have any questions about the school, or anything else let me know!

What were your circumstances to pull that off?

Where did you live prior to matriculation? What were your connections to Minnesota? Where did you pay income taxes the year before matriculation? I was told it is exceedingly rare to accomplish this by the residency office at Minnesota so I am curious how you were able to 'beat the odds'.

What were your circumstances to pull that off?

Where did you live prior to matriculation? What were your connections to Minnesota? Where did you pay income taxes the year before matriculation? I was told it is exceedingly rare to accomplish this by the residency office at Minnesota so I am curious how you were able to 'beat the odds'.

I lived in Wisconsin for 21 years, went to college in Iowa. I did an internship at the MNPCA which probably helped out a lot. I held jobs in Iowa (during school), WI (during the summer), and MN (during the summer). I don't believe it is as rare as you are describing it to be...there is a residency questionnaire ( http://admissions.tc.umn.edu/PDFs/ResidencyReciprocity.pdf ). Read it all, some of the circumstances may apply to you. There is no harm in filling out the application for residency as long as you are being honest! I was admitted as an OOS, filled out the residency app, and was given resident tuition my first year.

I lived in Wisconsin for 21 years, went to college in Iowa. I did an internship at the MNPCA which probably helped out a lot. I held jobs in Iowa (during school), WI (during the summer), and MN (during the summer). I don't believe it is as rare as you are describing it to be...there is a residency questionnaire ( http://admissions.tc.umn.edu/PDFs/ResidencyReciprocity.pdf ). Read it all, some of the circumstances may apply to you. There is no harm in filling out the application for residency as long as you are being honest! I was admitted as an OOS, filled out the residency app, and was given resident tuition my first year.

Hmm yeah I also heard that MN has one of the strictest policies on getting residential tuition as OOS. Did you happen to live at the MN boarder during your 21 years in Wisconsin by any chance

Hmm yeah I also heard that MN has one of the strictest policies on getting residential tuition as OOS. Did you happen to live at the MN boarder during your 21 years in Wisconsin by any chance

Yes, I lived on the border about 7 miles from Minnesota.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it true MN accepts ~90% of the student they interview?

Where did u get that number from? I'm OOS btw

Would an OOS interview at UMN be for a waitlist position at this point? Any idea of how full the class is? Any advice would be appreciated!

Hey everyone, I got invited for an interview today, but turned it down because I'm going elsewhere. The interview was going to be scheduled in February. So hopefully my interview goes to someone here hoping to get one. Good luck.

:thumbup:

+1. Except the interview I sadly turned down was at the end of Jan. It's a great school, but I don't think I could pay for the OOS fees. Best of luck to everybody interviewing here or attending!!

what was the interview process like guys?

I would like to know, as well! I've read this thread at least three times and went through all of the interview feedback, but I'm still spazzing :scared:

From my understanding, the interview will be mostly (all??) behavior-based questions. The interview process has also become more scripted (does this mean all applicants are asked the same questions?).

If anyone has any helpful tips or specific questions I should definitely prepare for, I would definitely appreciate it.

My interview is this upcoming week, AHHHH!

I was accepted Dec. 3rd and am just starting to look for places to live. Does anyone have any good suggestions

Received an invitation last week for the beginning of February. Sadly going to decline.. Great school and program but I got in elsewhere closer to home. Would love to go just to see the school and the city but money is super tight now. Hopefully this will give someone else that opportunity! Good luck and congrats to those who where accepted!:)

Hi all

does anybody know when UMN dental school will send the next round of interviews? Also, how often do they send out interviews invitations?

Thanks,

Hi all

does anybody know when UMN dental school will send the next round of interviews? Also, how often do they send out interviews invitations?

Thanks,

I remember I had asked them a few months ago, and they said they'll be sending out interview invitations until the end of January. I would suggest calling them and asking them the status of your application. Best of luck :)

minnesota's 2nd round will go out on jan 22.

confirmed by office of admissions

Does anyone know how many spots are left?

Last edited:
I think the biggest problem is whether you are OOS or IS. because from what I heard when I asked during my interview, IS rarely move while OOS moves quickly. So if your OOS your odds are good.

I have used doc toothache's cost guide and Minnesota's website for tuition and costs but seemed to be a bit confused on exact numbers. If someone can clarify the OOS tuition for Minnesota I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Did anybody get interview invitation today? Some people posted on this forum expecting interview invitations sent out today, the 22nd . Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Did anybody get interview invitation today? Some people posted on this forum expecting interview invitations sent out today, the 22nd . Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Acceptances not interviews

UPDATE: called the office about the timeline of acceptances and they told me the "decisions" are made today and will go out by the end of this week.

Last edited:
For those that just received an acceptance, congrats! Could you also post when you had your interview. Thanks!

I had my interview Jan 7. I am OOS.

Last edited:
Got the email earlier today! Excited to meet everyone! Interviewed in late November.

Did all the offers go out already as of today?

Did all the offers go out already as of today?

I had my interview last week. I was told that offers will continue from January 22 to august.

Can I assume that there are still spots? o_O

Interviewed late September

Found out i got accepted by email after I landed in NC