**The Official Minnesota Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

I'm OOS, but from SD and with a rural background

Hi! I am international but I went to UCSD and worked there for a couple years too!

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if there is an April 1st deposit due? I haven't heard anything from them since I received my packet and didn't see anything about one in it. Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything...

There are places cheaper than $800/900 right near the school of dentistry. I lived in a 3 bedroom house near the school last year for $566 a month

Sent from my SCH-I535 using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if there is an April 1st deposit due? I haven't heard anything from them since I received my packet and didn't see anything about one in it. Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything...

theres no 2nd deposit

yea for minnesota and some other or all other schools april 1 is the due date...

yea for minnesota and some other or all other schools april 1 is the due date...

im OOS and received no info about a second deposit since I've paid (1k for 1st deposit). The only thing I received is sending in background checks and some technical forms.

im OOS and received no info about a second deposit since I've paid (1k for 1st deposit). The only thing I received is sending in background checks and some technical forms.

I'm OOS as well, and I'm only aware of the first deposit of $1000.

There is no second deposit....only the one $1000 deposit unless they changed it from last year.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using SDN Mobile

Hey future D1s,

Psi Omega is still looking for one more roommate. We are looking for a girl because we are trying to keep the ratio half way decent. It is a lot of fun to live here and I encourage you to check out our video on youtube. There are 18 of us in the house, and currently we have 4 future D1s moving in next year (3 guys and 1 girl). Rent is $325 a month, you get your own room with a loft, there is a lab in the house that is quite nifty when you start to wax and probably the best feature is that our front lawn is part of the Mississippi River front park! Let me know if you are interested or have questions and I will try to get back to you asap.

Here is a link to the video, it was made a few years ago, and a bunch of improvements have been made on the house!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaFGamov9tE

Here is one of my email addresses because I don't really ever check this.

[email protected]

Look forward to meeting you all next year!

Last edited:
Hello class of 2017, congratulations on your acceptance and for those of you who didn't get in, keep trying.

I am posting a room for rent in a one year apartment building that is located 8-10 min walk to the dental school, and 6-7 minut walk to grocery shopping, restaurants, and bars. Plus transportation and the light rail is 3 blocks from the place. It is a 3 bedroom 2 bath, dual level apartment on the 2nd and 3 rd floors of the building. Two male dental students rent the upstairs bedrooms and share the upstairs bathroom, they are clean and quiet. The room for rent is on the main level and has its own bathroom, the common living area is furnished already. All you need to bring is bedroom furniture and bathroom essentials. The kitchen is large and you willmhavenplenty of space for your things there. In unit washer and dryer and access to private gym. A parking spot is available in an underground garage for extra cost, that would be determined by the leasing company. The rent is $575 and includes, free Internet. The neighborhood is safe and great location. Other dental students rent in the building so it is not a loud apartment building. The room is open to male/ female roommates I am a 3rd year dental student please free to contact me at

[email protected]

Just received an offer for the alternate list today. Does anyone know how long the list might be? I know its rare at this point for people to withdraw, but I am still hoping.

I got called from the alternate and declined so it shouldn't be too long.

Last edited: