**The Official Minnesota Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Any specifics in tuition numbers? Anyone?

Hi all, I am a very, very late applicant AND an international student (OOS tuition). I am from one of the UC, oGPA3.71, sGPA3.8; AA24, TS25, PAT21. I worked as a Research & Development Scientist in the biotech field for 2.5years, plus 1.5years of independent research experience in college.

I submitted my AADSAS end of Nov and finished the UMN secondary right on the hour before their Dec1 deadline. Received my interview call Jan7 and interviewed Jan16. I asked the ad com lady when I will know the results and she said Jan22, after their ad com meeting. I received the admission email on Jan22 and the phone call Jan23.

I am quite certain our batch of interviewers were invited for our research or work background. We were assured that there are ACTUAL spots left and we weren't being interviewed for waitlist spots.

The interview consists of small presentations and tours, the interview itself was supposed to be 50min (10min for your interviewers to discuss), but mine lasted more than an hour. We had a lot of fun I must say =)

Format is blind (interviewers have absolutely no knowledge of you), 2-on-1. They follow a set of questions (i.e. the SAME for every student of the day, I'm not sure if it's the same for every interview date), situational questions as mentioned before. The faculties are soooo nice, our group of 10+ had the graduate studies dept head show us around, she also briefed us on the format of the interview like I mentioned above. For situational interviews you are expected to 1) describe the situation 2) describe your actions/responses 3) describe how it was resolved.

Do refer to the SDN questionnaires for examples, they are very useful. Don't worry about technical questions e.g. how to perform a particular procedure; or how would you reform the healthcare system etc....you won't be asked.

I stayed at Days Inn, which is less than 15min walk away from the dental building.

OOS Tuition as estimated by UMN for 2012-2013 is $80k for Year 1 (incl supplies, room, transportation, miscellaneous, loan fees etc); additional $8,746 for summer of subsequent years.

The new dean (came to office Aug12) is very, very nice and dedicated. He came and spoke to all of us, told us he is fighting to keep tuition increase at 0% (but most likely there'll still be a 2% increase, better than 10% you know...) by increasing revenue (ie. students get more patients! Yay!)

There's a Dean's Scholarship, which changes your OOS status to IS after your first year, you'll save $60k total over the next three years.

Members don't see this ad.

Iono if this will do you any good, but I called a week back or so, and Ms. Kate said that if your status is 'unchanged' (I guess "waitlisted"). You will know either at beginning of February or end of Feb. And i went ahead and ask how many spots are left, she told me that, there are ~40% of the class needed to be fill.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had an interview on this Wednesday and they said the admission committees will be meeting on next Tuesday Feb. 12th. Good luck to you all!

Just called the admission. The acceptance letter will be sent out by the end of this week.

what the.. I called the admin and she said they will send the accept letter next week...

Members don't see this ad :)
So they send out e-mails next week then? Nanada, you wrote by the end of the week.

So they send out e-mails next week then? Nanada, you wrote by the end of the week.

Yes, I called them today in the morning just to make sure if they are going to send the acceptance email today or not. But they said next week

Just received the call - I'm in!!! :soexcited:

Just curious..but why did Minnesota call you rather than send out an e-mail, like they said they were goign to?

Just curious..but why did Minnesota call you rather than send out an e-mail, like they said they were goign to?

I'm not sure but they said I would receive an email tomorrow.

I thought they said they are going to email us.

I was pretty surprised to receive a phone call because I was expecting an email. Actually didn't pick up because it was an unknown number and then promptly returned the call when I heard the voicemail. I was told I will be receiving an email tomorrow.... honestly not sure why they called me.

Yep I did!! Kinda pumped right now and best of luck to those who haven't heard anything yet!

For those that just received a call. Can you please state whether you are in-state or out of state for MN? Thanks and congrats!

Congrats to people who got accepted. I hope to get the acceptance email as well very soon!! :(

So who's starting a Facebook page? Haha. See you all in August hopefully!!

I just received my acceptance packet and here is the up to date COA

Projected income for 2017

D1 IN STATE 56,467
D2 IN STATE 74,375
D3 IN STATE 76,170
D4 IN STATE 77,548

D1 OOS 82,157
D2 OOS 107,961
D3 OOS 111K
D4 OOS 113,875

*assume a 4% increase in 2013-2014 and 4% increase every year after.

I was pretty surprised to receive a phone call because I was expecting an email. Actually didn't pick up because it was an unknown number and then promptly returned the call when I heard the voicemail. I was told I will be receiving an email tomorrow.... honestly not sure why they called me.
probably because at this point if a student knows they are not going to attend/have plans at another school then they can offer the position to somebody else quickly as opposed to the longer turnaround email or postal service would require

Has anyone who interviewed and not gotten an acceptance here anything back yet. I know the chances are pretty slim now, but just wondering. Rejection letter? Alternate letter?

called admissions office yesterday and katie mentioned that the class is full as of now. Only chance for OOS people since minnesota's tuition is sky high.

I am looking for a room mate that is laid back and open; 2 bedroom/2 bathroom at the Doran apartments (sydney, edge on oak, 412 lofts, and last one I can't think of the name), Stadium Village Flats (the one with CVS at bottom floor), stone arch, Berry, Solhaus, and Mill city apartments.

let me know

do u know how much a month it would be for those places

avg is 1000-1200 for a studio

1 bedroom is 1200-1400

2 bedroom/2 bathroom is 1700-1800

some places have some available before school starts and most start at the end of august

underground parking is additional 100 bucks avg

utilities are mostly included if not cable is separate

washer and dryer is in the unit

oh i see....ok so itll be like 800-900 dollars a month for each person.

i am trying to find one off campus to see if the price is cheaper but if i can't ill check back with u later if u haven't found a roommate yet

i am trying to find one off campus to see if the price is cheaper but if i can't ill check back with u later if u haven't found a roommate yet

i want to live within 3 miles and don't want to drive 20+ mins to school in traffic (Houston traffic sucks).

Why are we talking about Houston?

I'm from Houston and been driving 30 mins (traffic) just go get to school and don't want to deal with that again... when I move to Minneapolis I want to be close as possible. That's why