***The Official NYU Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Has anyone gotten off the waitlist?...... sry I know most ppl must be tired of seeing that question in this thread...the wait is killing me

I doubt anybody has been pulled off of the waitlist yet. They just sent out the "are you still interested" emails last week. Hopefully we will see some movement soon :).

Members don't see this ad.

I doubt anybody has been pulled off of the waitlist yet. They just sent out the "are you still interested" emails last week. Hopefully we will see some movement soon :).

Hey msl831, thanks. I got that email last week but I got a reply today (in response to my reply to the email last week), saying that if there are seats then those waitlisted should expect to hear as early as today or as late as August. So I was wondering if anyone heard anything today. Thanks.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So if I got wait listed within the past two weeks do I still have a chance or are they giving preference to those who came first on the list ? I'm trying to see how I can increase my chances at getting in!

So if I got wait listed within the past two weeks do I still have a chance or are they giving preference to those who came first on the list ? I'm trying to see how I can increase my chances at getting in!

They don't rank the waitlist! I think anyone waitlisted is fair game. So you never know.

The wait is killing me though...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I just called them up like 10 minutes ago and someone told me that the waitlist has already started to move.

Decline email last week..peace out NY...maybe next time!

I just called them up like 10 minutes ago and someone told me that the waitlist has already started to move.
Have a few friends who were accepted off the waitlist. Dr Mejia called them directly. They had pre-Dec interviews.

Man I guess that those of us who were placed on the list within the last few weeks will not be hearing for a while !

Members don't see this ad :)
I got off the waitlist mid January

Did anyone get a confirmation or e-mail reply after responding to their e-mail from Thursday that you want to stay on the waitlist?

Did anyone get a confirmation or e-mail reply after responding to their e-mail from Thursday that you want to stay on the waitlist?

Yes, I received one on Monday in response to an e-mail on Friday.

When did you interview ?
interviewed 2/24, waitlisted 3/4, waitlist follow-up email 3/4, confirmation 3/7; don't really think it matters too much, they're probably just backlogged because of all the emails they received on Friday

interviewed 2/24, waitlisted 3/4, waitlist follow-up email 3/4, confirmation 3/7; don't really think it matters too much, they're probably just backlogged because of all the emails they received on Friday
Man I'm terrified now. You have a killer DAT. Still waiting to hear back.. hopefully sometime soon because I'm losing my mind over this.

Man I'm terrified now. You have a killer DAT. Still waiting to hear back.. hopefully sometime soon because I'm losing my mind over this.

Don't worry, my DAT doesn't entirely make up for the rest of my mediocre app

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I am going to make a phone call today but before I do though I would ask here: When I log on to my portal (https://home.nyu.edu) and click email on the top right corner, I get a error message. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks you!!

EDIT: I just figured it out! Sorry, I did not activate the email yet.

If you are referring to incoming first year students, there is a summer research program. The deadline for application passed, however. Try calling to see if they'll still let you apply.
Yes I was and thank you, will call them today!

Just wondering do we send the deposits when we receive the acceptance email or wait until the acceptance packet arrives?

Hey guy did anyone who interviewed last week here anything yet????

Has anybody been rejected post interview?

Just wondering do we send the deposits when we receive the acceptance email or wait until the acceptance packet arrives?
I waited until my package came because it gives you dates and the deposit form

NYU has spring break next week so if we don't hear anything by friday we probably wont here anything for 2 weeks.

Hey peers. I interviewed 03/26 and just got an acceptance email from Dr. Mejia today (04/09) around 11:30. Best of luck to everyone!

Hey peers. I interviewed 03/26 and just got an acceptance email from Dr. Mejia today (04/09) around 11:30. Best of luck to everyone!

wtf?! did u went ahead and predicted ur future or you have some sort of time traveling machine, lol

Now I see why they haven't accepted me. I'm not a time traveler yet

Do you mind sharing your stats

Last edited:
Waitlisted. cGPA 3.4, sGPA 3.2, AA: 21 TS: 21.
Welp that ruined my entire evening haha.

Yeah sorry. Thanks for clarifying. Interviewed Friday February 26 and accepted via email March 9.
For those who were wondering, my stats are subpar but I think I showed significant perseverance at both my interview and correspondence letters (academic updates, letters of interests and letters on intent).

GPA: 3.18
CDAT: 22 across the board

Yeah sorry. Thanks for clarifying. Interviewed Friday February 26 and accepted via email March 9.
For those who were wondering, my stats are subpar but I think I showed significant perseverance at both my interview and correspondence letters (academic updates, letters of interests and letters on intent).

GPA: 3.18
CDAT: 22 across the board

How did you send letters of interest?

Hey guys. Just wondering if all interviews have been offered and completed by NYU at this point? Especially since it sounds like the waiting list has been moving.

Hey guys. Just wondering if all interviews have been offered and completed by NYU at this point? Especially since it sounds like the waiting list has been moving.

I think they interview until the end of March. You should call the office and find out.

Email correspondence for both my letters of interest and letters of intent.

Email correspondence for both my letters of interest and letters of intent.

What was the difference between a letter of intent and a letter of interest? Just wondering because I thought they were essentially the same. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What was the difference between a letter of intent and a letter of interest? Just wondering because I thought they were essentially the same. Thank you!

A letter of interest expresses interest while one of intent basically states/promises you'll go to their school 100% should they accept you.

A letter of interest expresses interest while one of intent basically states/promises you'll go to their school 100% should they accept you.

Thank you very much for clearing that up! I think I sort of combined both of mine haha.