***The Official NYU Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Exciting week for us waitlist candidates. Second deposit is due today. Hopefully there will be a bunch of seats that become available from those who do not make that final deposit/decline the seat. Best of luck to us all.

Also, has anyone on the waitlist heard back recently?

Members don't see this ad.

Exciting week for us waitlist candidates. Second deposit is due today. Hopefully there will be a bunch of seats that become available from those who do not make that final deposit/decline the seat. Best of luck to us all.

Good luck !!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Nothing yet. I think they're waiting for all the deposits to come in and then based on that, they'll be able to more accurately judge how many seats are remaining. I really hope we start hearing back soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing yet. I think they're waiting for all the deposits to come in and then based on that, they'll be able to more accurately judge how many seats are remaining. I really hope we start hearing back soon.

Yeah same here. I spoke to an admissions officer not too long ago. He said it takes them about a week to process all the deposits. So figure early-mid April we should start hearing.

I called school and was told no movement off the waitlist until first week of April.. so most likely it will be next week (not this upcoming week).

THE ANTICIPATION.... THE WAITING..... THE ANXIETY.....THE UNKNOWN FUTURE........ IT'S KILLING ME:barf:

If its anything to you guys waiting for NYU, once I get off the waitlist at Buffalo, I will happily give up my seat at NYU :)

I know Brooklyn tends to get a bit cheaper but its further out.

Brooklyn gets to be on the cheaper side but only if you go very far out, so I would try Queens personally. Astoria (Queens) would be ideal because it's not too far away by subway, and if you have a roommate I'm sure you could find something for that price.

Thanks for the suggestion guys :) I'm looking into both Brooklyn and Queens right now.

If its anything to you guys waiting for NYU, once I get off the waitlist at Buffalo, I will happily give up my seat at NYU :)
If its anything to you waiting for Buffalo, once I get off the waitlist at Michigan, I will happily give up my seat at Buffalo :)

Reactions: 1 user
What do you guys think maximum possible commute time as D1 student? (30min or under?)

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Anyone have any idea how many seats will open up?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone still not heard back sincehaving your interview?

Hey guys, what are some places I can live in if I am willing to travel to school? As a canadian who will be paying extra because of the conversion rate, I rather spend less than 1200 a month on rent if possible.
I wouldn't commute from Canada...

Just turned down my offer. Got accepted to in state school. I hope the seat goes to someone that deserves it.

Reactions: 6 users
Hey folks. I understand that most of the waitling list movement begins mid April into the summer; however, I was wondering if anyone had the fortune of hearing back recently within the past week.

Again, best of luck to everyone!

Has anyone still not heard back sincehaving your interview?
When did you have your interview? Depending on that, I would suggest giving NYU a ring to find out the status.

Interviewed 03/25. waitlisted 04/01
Hoping the waitlist moves quick

When did you get the email?

like a hour ago.

DOes anyone know how the waitlist is ordered? are applicants ordered by who was notified of being on waitlist first or by how good they application is.

gave up my spot a week ago. hope someone gets it! :)

Reactions: 4 users
ACCEPTED OFF WAITLIST! IM SO ECSTATIC.

Does anyone have the Facebook group information?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 6 users
ACCEPTED OFF WAITLIST! IM SO ECSTATIC.

Does anyone have the Facebook group information?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats!!! How were you informed via phone or email

I was waitlisted in February. Good luck with everything, let me know if I can help at all!

Did you show interest to the school by keeping up with them via emails and did you speak with Dr. Mejia beforehand? I've sent her emails but she never replies back and when I call admissions, they tell me that she's too busy :(

Did you show interest to the school by keeping up with them via emails and did you speak with Dr. Mejia beforehand? I've sent her emails but she never replies back and when I call admissions, they tell me that she's too busy :(
What are your stats

Does anyone know how many people get off the wait list?

Does anyone know how many people get off the wait list?
I'm certain that theres a handful of seats that open up. Someone on the previous forum mentioned anywhere from 20-40 seats. But let's be real, no one really knows.

However, the 20-40 sounds very reasonable and realistic.

I'm certain that theres a handful of seats that open up. Someone on the previous forum mentioned anywhere from 20-40 seats. But let's be real, no one really knows.

I would think more than 20-40 seats, NYU is known to have large waitlist movement.

Can dental students also apply for the on-campus housing??

a lot of people give up their spot after the second deposit is due, which if memory serves me, was mar 25, its been awhile since I saw the letter with the date on it, but yeah Id think more than 20-40, as more than this give up their spot I believe

a lot of people give up their spot after the second deposit is due, which if memory serves me, was mar 25, its been awhile since I saw the letter with the date on it, but yeah Id think more than 20-40, as more than this give up their spot I believe
I have never been so satisfied and content of being corrected haha.

By the way, congratulations on Columbia!

I have never been so satisfied and content of being corrected haha.

By the way, congratulations on Columbia!
I mean, I'm in no way sure of that, its just my speculation / common sense that it would seem that more people will be dropping than just 20 or so, seeing as the class is so large haha, I just wanted to clarify that I have no definitive basis that makes what I said fact , just my thoughts on the topic is all, and thank you :D

I hope there are a lot more open seats! I wonder how many people are on the wait list, though. Any idea?

I hope there are a lot more open seats! I wonder how many people are on the wait list, though. Any idea?
I believe NYU gives out interviews to about 900-1000 ppl total. Since the class size should be 360, acceptance should be given to about 600 ppl. In that case, rest of the applicants, which are about 300-400 ppl, should be on the waitlist. (I believe NYU does not give rejection after interview). I think the applicants who have been placed on the waitlist since 12/1 as well as applicants who live far away have better chance to get off the waitlist earlier than other applicants..

I believe NYU gives out interviews to about 900-1000 ppl total. Since the class size should be 360, acceptance should be given to about 600 ppl. In that case, rest of the applicants, which are about 300-400 ppl, should be on the waitlist. (I believe NYU does not give rejection after interview). I think the applicants who have been placed on the waitlist since 12/1 as well as applicants who live far away have better chance to get off the waitlist earlier than other applicants..
just curious, Why do you think people live far away have better chance? does coming from canada count?

just curious, Why do you think people live far away have better chance? does coming from canada count?
That's what the admissions officer told me. People from Cali or Canada need time to plan for flight, apartment, money, etc. On the other hand, ppl from NY or NJ can visit nyc anytime thru a short trip, takes less money, and more likely to attend b/c the school is close from their home.

They interviewed less people this year, so statistically if you've been interviewed your chances of getting in are better this year.

Reactions: 2 users