***The Official NYU Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Offer accepted, please send her via postal mail... pm me for my address :p

undergrad GPA:3.3
DAT: AA:19 TS: 20 PAT: 22
Master's GPA: 4.0

What deposit letter are you talking about? He told me on the phone that they need things quickly and would need it within a week. I told him I'll head over tomorrow lol....
Wait if u took masters...then why are u telling me not to take post bacc lol

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Lol you misunderstood my post about dropkicking you.... i was going to do it if it was true that you didnt get a call and that your "call" was God telling you to take a post-bacc loll..... DEF do it if you can.

Congrats. I also did a masters program at rutgers and graduated with a 3.94. Hopefully it'll be enough to get me in too...

I know who you are Mr. GSBS Masters in Biomedical Sciences...... LOL... keep showing them you're interest and emphasize your GPA with them. Im sure they'll answer soon.

lol wut is this. Im also doing rutgers gsbs masters except i have 3.90 gpa lol no wonder why i havent got the acceptance yet haha cell patholgy screwed up my gpa

lol wut is this. Im also doing rutgers gsbs masters except i have 3.90 gpa lol no wonder why i havent got the acceptance yet haha cell patholgy screwed up my gpa
Congrats. I also did a masters program at rutgers and graduated with a 3.94. Hopefully it'll be enough to get me in too...
So I guess I'm pretty much ****ed.

Reactions: 1 users
haha, well you're screwing with my cell pathology.

I know who you are Mr. GSBS Masters in Biomedical Sciences...... LOL... keep showing them you're interest and emphasize your GPA with them. Im sure they'll answer soon.
Congrats on your acceptance!!!! So happy for ya! I'm still on the WL BTW

congrats to everyone getting in from the waitlist so far! Hopefully my top choice accepts me so I can also give up my seat

Members don't see this ad :)
it's been almost 7 months since my interview and I'm still waiting. Pretty sure my boyfriend and I are gonna end if I don't make NYU. He got a job in NJ that he can't turn down and as of now I'm going to a school in Cali.
Hopefully we will all hear good news today/tomorrow. Best of luck to you.

What's the purpose of the letter that you speak of? Never mind, I will google it. Why not call the admission office and ask them directly?

Has anyone heard back today???????????????????????????????????

Admission office replied back saying that class is almost full. Will not see much movement until people change their minds..

Admission office replied back saying that class is almost full. Will not see much movement until people change their minds..
what a buzzkill... :(

Thank you for sharing though.

I received an email which is a reply to an email of intent…asking if I really want to attend to NYU and if I can adapt the life style… finally they emphasized the 5k deposit is nonrefundable…is it a good sign? Or it is just a common reply to all emails?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using SDN mobile

I received an email which is a reply to an email of intent…asking if I really want to attend to NYU and if I can adapt the life style… finally they emphasized the 5k deposit is nonrefundable…is it a good sign? Or it is just a common reply to all emails?

I got that email also for more than a week ago. However, did not hear any good news yet.

Goes to corner. Positions self in fetal position. Cries.

Jennifer is the admission officer for me.

Well, she said there should be more movement in the following months, so idk.
Regarding those that received an email about the deposit, I think you guys are more highly regarded than those that did not receive it.

Well, she said there should be more movement in the following months, so idk.
Regarding those that received an email about the deposit, I think you guys are more highly regarded than those that did not receive it.
did you get the deposit email?

Although a bit late, I'd like to contribute here; I got off the waitlist in March (Dec interview). My scores and ECs were great but I had an extremely POOR interview experience. Almost everything that could go bad in those few hours occurred to me (late, hungry, twisted ankle, nuked the toilet as soon as I arrived, coffee-stained tie, no legitimate answer for "why NYU" both on paper and interview, lasted much less than 10 minutes in the first round, had the most nauseating tour from an extremely chatty and rather unsightly D2 female, and didn't bother to introduce myself further after the two interviews- the majority stayed). In my opinion, expressing interest could be a variable here; I tried to be as original as possible on the phone where I called admissions twice to mention my current activities, predental & non-predental related.
I don't have much advice for this point in the cycle but to better your chances for the upcoming cycle, prepare yourself for submitting your app early/network with dental professionals/and those who may be affiliated with NYU/un-genericify your personal statement/apply to SMDEPs/work/do novel things with your days, especially for you gap-year or post-bacc folks.
Most importantly, keep your sanity. I have been visiting this thread since it began and it has aided me in surviving this process. I'm thankful. To keep this a place of learning for others like myself, please resist littering this thread/future threads with unruly comments. No SDNer will "dropkick" you and NYU will not "shart" in your mouth to have Dr Mejia invite you to pursue a DDS.

Although a bit late, I'd like to contribute here; I got off the waitlist in March (Dec interview). My scores and ECs were great but I had an extremely POOR interview experience. Almost everything that could go bad in those few hours occurred to me (late, hungry, twisted ankle, nuked the toilet as soon as I arrived, coffee-stained tie, no legitimate answer for "why NYU" both on paper and interview, lasted much less than 10 minutes in the first round, had the most nauseating tour from an extremely chatty and rather unsightly D2 female, and didn't bother to introduce myself further after the two interviews- the majority stayed). In my opinion, expressing interest could be a variable here; I tried to be as original as possible on the phone where I called admissions twice to mention my current activities, predental & non-predental related.
I don't have much advice for this point in the cycle but to better your chances for the upcoming cycle, prepare yourself for submitting your app early/network with dental professionals/and those who may be affiliated with NYU/un-genericify your personal statement/apply to SMDEPs/work/do novel things with your days, especially for you gap-year or post-bacc folks.
Most importantly, keep your sanity. I have been visiting this thread since it began and it has aided me in surviving this process. I'm thankful. To keep this a place of learning for others like myself, please resist littering this thread/future threads with unruly comments. No SDNer will "dropkick" you and NYU will not "shart" in your mouth to have Dr Mejia invite you to pursue a DDS.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Let me begin by stating that you have some valid points of criticism. However, figured I'd give my own two cents.

As much as there is no need for the "dropkick" and "shart" comments, there is absolutely no need for the "rather unsightly D2 female" comment.

Also cut us some slack, some us have been on the waiting list for over half a year now. So what if we include some nonsensical jargon on here for comical relief.

Congrats on your admission.

Reactions: 2 users
Huge congrats to your acceptance!! Really appreciate the insight into your experience this cycle. As someone who has contributed to the "littering" I'd like to apolgize. Haha but please understand that I have lost my sanity over this ordeal. Best of luck to you!

Well Bud, you've summoned THE dropkicker....You're in my class and my first plan of action is to find you and dropkick you.... I dont think there is anything wrong with joking around and "being yourself", even on an SDN forum. Actually, I think this is exactly the type of language that gives each school its flavor, providing you with an idea of the people that you'll be spending the next 4 years with. So, on that note, I think if we continue to converse with each other and provide updates as well as comments that break the rule of 'professionalism' I think we'll all turn out to be just fine. Amen. :welcome:

EDIT: I do agree with his advice though, don't sit around and shart yourself on your time off... continue to work and educate yourself.

Reactions: 5 users
For ppl recently received acceptance, may I ask when is gonna be the deadline for deposit, plz? Ty

they give us a week after they notify us of acceptance

Last edited:
Another week goes by and nothing.. Hopefully next week will bring good news:hungover:

Reactions: 3 users
sorry typo! A week after THEY notify us of our acceptance!

No luck on my end. Was wondering if anyone had the fortune of hearing back today.

Was informed that the class is pretty much full. They will continue to review candidates on the waitlist and accept as needes. Well that was not an answer that I wanted

Was informed that the class is pretty much full. They will continue to review candidates on the waitlist and accept as needes. Well that was not an answer that I wanted

you spoke with an admissions officer?