The Official September 6, 2014 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oxelhs

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Bit early, but post here if you're writing on this date. For me, it's looking to be third time's the charm hopefully.

Members don't see this ad.

May the curve be ever in our favor... Waiting for tomorrow results as well.

Reactions: 2 users
I've been studying abroad since the MCAT and have been traveling/exploring to keep my mind off things and at this point I'm just like... pls give me a good score so I can be happy and get really drunk Tuesday evening (time difference).

Same here! If I don't get a good score I'm SOL because I won't be back until after the January tests. But I have no class Wednesday so I'll be in the same boat if I get a good score haha :highfive:

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I got here at work at 3AM. The wait is killing me already. Lowest I can take is a 25 and that will kill all my hopes for MD. I'm still hoping I score +0/1/2 of my AAMC average for MD :/ Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

If I get a 10 in verbal, I'll send you all Tim Horton coffee. I need to get a 36 on this exam

I'm so nervous that I'm going to have my bf look at the scores for me. I have class all day so I won't know until 10pm or later on Tuesday, and that way day won't be ruined. I wasn't too happy with the last 3 practice exam scores I took so I'm really hoping for a miracle haha

I will video tape my reaction when I see my mcat score and upload it on YouTube.

Reactions: 4 users
Well folks, this is it. I want to wish you all of the best tomorrow. I really feel that this was a very atypical MCAT, especially as I look through the other MCAT threads so I am hoping for some very atypical results in our favor. lol Regardless, I wish everyone the best in this cycle or next coming cycle.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Well folks, this is it. I want to wish you all of the best tomorrow. I really feel that this was a very atypical MCAT, especially as I look through the other MCAT threads so I am hoping for some very atypical results in our favor. lol Regardless, I wish everyone the best in this cycle or next coming cycle.

why do you think it was atypical?

I don't care anymore at this point lol

Yeah, I've already braced myself for 1/15 exam. Honestly, I think I cranked up the intensity too late with this one. I wasn't able to do as many practice passages as I wanted to because I left them all in the end in fear that I would "run out". Yeah right--I never finished TPRSW. And hardly got through the Verbal workbook either. I ended up burning out near the end because I was trying to do so much....

Was passing through my anatomy notes because of my midterm and saw as certain "...CG" graph that reminded me of bio, and then reminded me of us getting the results tomorrow.

I actually have lost hope at this point, I honestly am going to smash my head on a wall if I don't at least get my AAMC average of 35, and improve in verbal from my last try. I felt confident in my PS and BS up until today, now I don't know

Was passing through my anatomy notes because of my midterm and saw as certain "...CG" graph that reminded me of bio, and then reminded me of us getting the results tomorrow.

I actually have lost hope at this point, I honestly am going to smash my head on a wall if I don't at least get my AAMC average of 35, and improve in verbal from my last try. I felt confident in my PS and BS up until today, now I don't know

I'm sure you'll do fine lol. @_@ Let's hold hands and sing Kumbaya

Yeah, I've already braced myself for 1/15 exam. Honestly, I think I cranked up the intensity too late with this one. I wasn't able to do as many practice passages as I wanted to because I left them all in the end in fear that I would "run out". Yeah right--I never finished TPRSW. And hardly got through the Verbal workbook either. I ended up burning out near the end because I was trying to do so much....

I already signed up for 01/15 woooo OTL

I hope to read a lot of exciting comments tomorrow at this time on this thread. I kindly ask everyone to share their post score release feelings right after you see your score. some of us will be shocked in a good way, some of may be the opposite, and some of us may just get the scores we anticipated. No matter what happens, it is not the end of the world and there is always next time. I wish everyone a good shock:soexcited::clap::highfive:, and see you tomorrow if I decided to see the score before My Wednesday morning immunology test.

Same here. Need to get at least a 10 on verbal (up from my 8 last year).

What I'll do:

Log on THx using iphone. Make it so I can't read the score. Cover everything. Slowly zoom in towards physics. If I see a 1 on the left most side, I'll uncover physics. Same with verbal, same with bio.

Pretty nervous! I had the September 4 exam btw.

My stomach is already turning. Doesn't really help that I have 2 midterms later this week. Wish I could just decompress right now but alas...:scared:

I feel the exact same way. I did a practice exam on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and thursday right before the actual exam on Saturday. And on top of the practice tests I also did at least 1 section test after the full lengths :/

I'm considering other career options...like starting my pimping company/empire/corporation or becoming an adult film super star.

Reactions: 5 users
I'm considering other career options...like starting my pimping company/empire/corporation or becoming an adult film super star.

ooo I was considering adhering to some female stereotypes.. getting some plastic surgery, really tight jeans, and dating my trainer(who happens to be making 7 figures)

tumblr_inline_nd0ctzj1iN1r79k32.gif

Reactions: 3 users
First time poster here. Just wishing everyone good luck. i have a practical today in invertebrate zoology and one on Thursday in parasitology. I am extremely anxious haven't slept while waiting on these scores

lol You will still be helping people and providing a service to the community. If this goes bad, I might have to join you on the street selling grass.

Guys, I am thinking of switching my MCAT date from November 7 to any dates in January. Please please please please please let me know if you are dropping your Jan spot. I am looking for centers in Ontario (preferably Toronto, Hamilton or Ottawa), but honestly, anything in Ontario would work! Thanks! :)

I keep refreshing my scores hoping I can see it and get it over with

Reactions: 1 users
Hello, First off good luck on receiving your scores today! I am looking to register for any of the Jan spots, if anyone is dropping their spot please let me know anywhere around Virginia or Illinois.:);):( Thank you in advance and good luck again. :nod::happy:

Me three!! I feel the same way, but I'm praying for all of us! Let's hope we receive exactly what we need! :)

Need or Want. I say we all get what we want 30++ :)

I just checked and looks like if I want to retake in Jan, I better start booking my ticket to Guam right now.

Today is the day... I'm panicking. If any Seattle guys drop a January spot send me a pm. I can't afford all the new study material for 2015.

Need or Want. I say we all get what we want 30++ :)

I just checked and looks like if I want to retake in Jan, I better start booking my ticket to Guam right now.

No! No one is going to have to retake or fly to Guam. We will be the highest scoring test - takers in the history of highest scoring test-takers. I'm talking like, 30+ scores across the board, my friends. We got this!! :) (This post is as much to reassure others as it is to make me feel better!)

Reactions: 4 users
No! No one is going to have to retake or fly to Guam. We will be the highest scoring test - takers in the history of highest scoring test-takers. I'm talking like, 30+ scores across the board, my friends. We got this!! :) (This post is as much to reassure others as it is to make me feel better!)
I hope so brother....I really hope so.

I wonder when Guam will start selling out, ha. That's just absurd. AAMC does know they'll make bank if they could somehow arrange more testing dates, right?