***The Official Stony Brook Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

anyone hear anything recently?

Members don't see this ad.

Nope haven't heard yet :/ did anyone hear when they would be sending out another round of acceptances?

Members don't see this ad :)
As of this morning the class isn't filled and they will be making a wait list once it becomes filled. Just have to keep waiting I guess. Ugh.

Accepted today, out of state. Not sure what to do--between this or UConn lol

Lets not derail this thread now. I never said it was supposed to be easy, I know multiple students in other dental schools, and so far their not on rush down curriculum, the medical students take less classes than us and even they are struggling, so it is clearly not a matter of ease but just a matter that we are the guinea pigs for a new curriculum that is in place. Whenever we present the issue to the office of education they don't seem to care or take us seriously for that matter our director is always on vacation. I like how our anatomy was totally finished when NYU was barely on their mid term exam. its not a matter of difficulty but being rushed and paying so much to take summer speed classes is terrible because everything is crammed and forgotten. I'm not responding to anything else as a way to reduce the derailing in this thread, but it was just my 2 cents from a student attending this institution. if you were attending here you would certainly have a different opinion.

Hi all! I am a second year student at Stony, and choosing this school was the best decision I could have ever made. By November of your second year, you will be treating patients. I have already done multiple operative procedures and extracted teeth. Besides that, since we are such a small class, every faculty member knows your name and wants to help you. The office of education has always been there for students and I pop into the office multiple times in a week if I have questions/issues. As for the new curriculum this year, it is all still the same material as every other year, but some of the courses are condensed so that the current first years will be able to treat patients even sooner than my class. I don't know if most of you know this, but in general, you don't begin treating patients in dental school until third year. At Stony Brook, you have your own patients by second year! Plus, with this new curriculum, the first years did the best in Anatomy of all the classes in recent years. All I have been hearing from the office of education, is how good the grades are of the first year class, so the "new" curriculum must be doing something well!

Also, now that I am beginning to study for my Boards, I am so grateful that I had the education with the med school. You really learn so much about systemic health at Stony Brook. This is also really important when you are treating patients that have a medical history 5 pages long. You need to know your stuff, and Stony Brook makes sure that this is possible.

If any of you ever have any questions, feel free to message me!

Reactions: 1 users
I withdrew my seat last week, so there should be another spot opening up.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who interviewed pre-dec heard ANYTHING? I'm so frazzled. Should I assume I'm rejected? Haha

im freaking outtttttttt, stony brook is my top choice but I haven't heard anything :( I wonder if there has been any movement in the admissions? have people been calling?

The fb page is only about 3/4 full with new students, so either the rest dont have fbs or there are plenty of seats left, so have hope. I'm giving up my seat soon, so there's another spot opening up :). Best of luck to all waiting.

Reactions: 1 user
Last I heard from them ~ 2 weeks ago and they said the class wasn't full yet and that my application was still under review. Lol.

Did portal status change? What did the email say?

Did portal status change? What did the email say?
No status change. Still says invited for interview. Email says they are unable to offer admission at this time but if a spot becomes available I have been placed on the Waitlist...

i will be withdrawing my spot...hopefully one of you get in. Gluck!

Reactions: 1 users
OMG just received a phone call from Patricia Berry about my acceptance here! Was just wait-listed 2 weeks ago... totally didn't expect this!

For those who are waitlisted, don't give up yet! There's still a chance!

OMG just received a phone call from Patricia Berry about my acceptance here! Was just wait-listed 2 weeks ago... totally didn't expect this!

For those who are waitlisted, don't give up yet! There's still a chance!

Thats awesome! can i ask when your interview was? i was wait listed 2 weeks ago also :/ im freaking outttt

I wonder how large this wait list is- it doesn't seem like they sent rejections out.

Thats awesome! can i ask when your interview was? i was wait listed 2 weeks ago also :/ im freaking outttt

My interview was in October. Keep waiting! Some spots might open up :)

Got accepted 2 days ago. Will have to kindly decline. Gl to everyone else!

Just got the offer via phone call and email today!