****The Official Tufts U. School of Dental Medicine c/o 2021 interview/acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmmm, i think mine has said complete on aadsas since 8/1. Does that mean anything? My aadsas mail out date was 6/13. I'm hoping for an interview too as I got waitlisted last cycle. hmmmm

hmmmm, i think mine has said complete on aadsas since 8/1. Does that mean anything? I'm hoping for an interview too as I got waitlisted last cycle.

Mine switched from app complete to under review before they sent my an invite. I think that means they are reviewing your app...tufts seems to be a little backwards in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
hmmmm, i think mine has said complete on aadsas since 8/1. Does that mean anything? My aadsas mail out date was 6/13. I'm hoping for an interview too as I got waitlisted last cycle. hmmmm
Was tufts your only interview last cycle?

Actually, totally just changed. Says "Invited for Interview"

Reactions: 1 user
I somehow overlooked that Tufts require a community service supervisor LOR when I submitted my aadsas application. In my aadsas app, i had 2 science professors, 1 research prof, and 1 dentist LOR. Since there is no secondary app and all 4 letters spots have been filled, how i can submit the service LOR to the school. There is no separate secondary app where i can upload the letter. What to do? Do i have to email LOR to the school?

I somehow overlooked that Tufts require a community service supervisor LOR when I submitted my aadsas application. In my aadsas app, i had 2 science professors, 1 research prof, and 1 dentist LOR. Since there is no secondary app and all 4 letters spots have been filled, how i can submit the service LOR to the school. There is no separate secondary app where i can upload the letter. What to do? Do i have to email LOR to the school?

You're fine. They only require two letters from professors and a third from either a dentist, research mentor, or community service supervisor.

Reactions: 1 users
How important is this LOR, because I also just found out about it

How important is this LOR, because I also just found out about it
Got this form the website.
Two letters of evaluation from professors and a third letter of evaluation (suggestions include a letter from a dental experience, community service or research or a pre-professional composite committee letter)

I had realized they require a third LOR late as well, and my AADSAS application has 1 committee and 1 professor. I contacted them and I was able to get my third evaluator to e-mail the LOR directly to them, they seemed fine with it!

Members don't see this ad :)
So, I called them to ask why my application hadn't been "complete." It should of been complete on 8/17/16 - but they told me that they were waiting for clearance of a LOR on AADSAS... Then they sent me a "application complete" e-amil as soon as I got off the phone with them on 9/16/16.... Now because of this, when (correct me if I'm wrong) it was not my fault for their clearance of a LOR (when other schools have had my application done 8/1) and no LOR updates have been made since then, I still get treated as if I had my application handed in late into the cycle? I feel like I lost an interview, on their part... Idk how to take this...

So, I called them to ask why my application hadn't been "complete." It should of been complete on 8/17/16 - but they told me that they were waiting for clearance of a LOR on AADSAS... Then they sent me a "application complete" e-amil as soon as I got off the phone with them on 9/16/16.... Now because of this, when (correct me if I'm wrong) it was not my fault for their clearance of a LOR (when other schools have had my application done 8/1) and no LOR updates have been made since then, I still get treated as if I had my application handed in late into the cycle? I feel like I lost an interview, on their part... Idk how to take this...

This is pretty upsetting...BUT you did not lose an interview. Remember, they interview up to March! As long as you get one by February you still have a great chance :) I also highly believe they are not reviewing in order haha.

No change to review for you yet, right? I was also complete 8/22 and no change yet so just lurking around.
It actually just changed to under review on 9/20.

It actually just changed to under review on 9/20.

From the small sample size under here, if it changes back to complete, you probably have an interview

From the small sample size under here, if it changes back to complete, you probably have an interview

Actually once it goes from app complete to under review, that's when you can expect one And most likely he will . Good luck everybody, I feel like it's coming!

Actually once it goes from app complete to under review, that's when you can expect one And most likely he will . Good luck everybody, I feel like it's coming!

Ah I stand corrected! Thanks :)

So if my status says under review since 8/30 should I be expecting good news?

Interview invite! (yesterday). Status changed to "Under Review" yesterday morning, and I received the email a few hours later.

I'm hoping to receive an interview invite!! Does anyone know if status changes on AADSAS can be sent as e-mail notifications, instead of me being addicted to checking 2,122 times a day?

I've been under review for Tufts since 9/5 but it has never been "application complete"

I see so that how it happens. Hopefully I get one soon. Mine has been received/complete since 08/01, patiently waiting.

I see so that how it happens. Hopefully I get one soon. Mine has been received/complete since 08/01, patiently waiting.

I hope that's the case. Mine changed from complete (sometime in July or August?) to "under review" on 9/14 and no interview yet. For those with interviews congratulations and I hope you nail it!

I replied back to tufts email to apologize for my mistake as i accidentally sent them the wrong aadsas id number when I emailed them earlier asking them a question about my apps. I used the one from last cycle instead of this cycle from my own records, smh. Hope that this doesn't hurt my chances even though its a silly mistake.

Good luck to those with interviews. The whole interview process was very easy and relaxed when I did it last cycle.

Reactions: 4 users
Hey everyone, I will be interviewing at Tufts on October 3rd. I have been looking over their website and have not found anything that really stands out about the school well their 5 week external rotations at community health centers in D4 is pretty cool. But is there anything else that anyone has noticed that seems interesting?

Thanks

I've heard in the past that they send a big information packet, is that still true?

I've heard in the past that they send a big information packet, is that still true?

They will give you the big information packet on campus during the interview. That's what happened to me last cycle interview.

My app was listed as "under review" and then it changed yesterday to "application complete". Good or bad?

Has anyone gotten an interview recently? What dates are available now?

Has anyone gotten an interview recently? What dates are available now?

I am guessing they have half of the interview slots filled for October. Not many ppl have posted interview invites from tufts yet on sdn. Then again we also need to consider those who don't post on here.

Paid the application fee on September 2nd (and got the email confirmation for it)...but got the "application complete" email today. Is that kind of delay normal?

I hope the theory is true!!! Mine changed to "under review" on 9/28

Paid the application fee on September 2nd (and got the email confirmation for it)...but got the "application complete" email today. Is that kind of delay normal?
I think so. I got my application complete email about a month after paying the fee.

Not sure, I saw it this morning. and July 18th!

Hi everyone, Tufts recieved my app for the first time on 9/14 and my portal was then updated to recieved/application complete. My DAT scores were uploaded on 9/21. I just wanted to know how long from the first status update of "recieved/app complete" did it take for your statuses to go to "under review" ? I know I have to be patient since my app was completed 9/21. But, I just got my first interview yesterday from UDM and couldn't help but think about the other schools lol

Thank you in advance.

Hi everyone, Tufts recieved my app for the first time on 9/14 and my portal was then updated to recieved/application complete. My DAT scores were uploaded on 9/21. I just wanted to know how long from the first status update of "recieved/app complete" did it take for your statuses to go to "under review" ? I know I have to be patient since my app was completed 9/21. But, I just got my first interview yesterday from UDM and couldn't help but think about the other schools lol

Thank you in advance.

App was received incomplete on 7/26. DAT scores were uploaded on 8/31, received the app complete email (and status change) from Tufts on 9/1, changed to under review on 9/14. Still under review as of now lol

App was received incomplete on 7/26. DAT scores were uploaded on 8/31, received the app complete email (and status change) from Tufts on 9/1, changed to under review on 9/14. Still under review as of now lol

Thank you so much for responding! That was so helpful. So just confirming this.. it took around 13 days for your first status change of app complete to under review, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.