***The Official Univ, of Maryland Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Don't waste your time bro. The class is filled according to the earlier posts. Start checking your email on April 1 when seats start to open up because of the deposit deadline! Good luck!

Unfortunately that's what I've been thinking.. Just was hoping to see otherwise. Thank for the reply!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
waiting list as well. But I will withdraw my spot. Good luck, guys!

Waitlisted. I really hope to hear back after April 1!

for those who got the waitlist email, when did you all interview?

for those who got the waitlist email, when did you all interview?
I know someone who got waitlisted who interviewed in October and I interviewed on the last date in February and got waitlisted. Pretty broad range of dates.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who were waitlisted, did your AADSAS status change as well?

We need to send emails to UMaryland confirming our acceptance for "wait-list" status. Otherwise, it will stay the same.

I interviewed in dec. I didn't get on the waitlist does anyone know if that's a bad or good thing from other years...

I interviewed in dec. I didn't get on the waitlist does anyone know if that's a bad or good thing from other years...
Reading last year's thread, no wait list = rejection in the summer.

does anyone know how big the wait-list is or how many people have been accepted of in years past? Has anyone tried to call the Office of Admissions? This is my second year aplying, waitlisted last year, denied and now after interview waitlisted again.

It's spring break this week so if you're going to call it might be best to wait til Monday

does anyone know how big the wait-list is or how many people have been accepted of in years past? Has anyone tried to call the Office of Admissions? This is my second year aplying, waitlisted last year, denied and now after interview waitlisted again.

Marylanddental, if you dont mind me asking, what were your stats?

Rejected today after interviewing last month (snail mail). HUGE disappointment.

Rejected today as well, interviewed mid-February. Can't say I'll lose sleep over it.

samesies- rejected via mail after interviewing all the way back in october!
aadsas has not updated.

Did you ever find out the answer? I am waitlisted too :/

They told me that they made a final decision and they sent out a letter to me but I never recieived anything..does this mean im for sure rejected?

They told me that they made a final decision and they sent out a letter to me but I never recieived anything..does this mean im for sure rejected?
At this point, it seems like any letter sent in the mail from Maryland is a rejection...

ACCEPTED!!!!! Interviewed in November. Good luck SDNers don't lose hope!

Last edited:
Interviewed early February and just got acceptance email today. Wasn't wait listed and hadn't received a rejection letter, so I felt in limbo for a while. Very excited, good luck to everyone who hasn't heard yet.

are they giving out more acceptances throughout the day?

I am wait listed. I interviewed in early Jan. I was told from the wait list email that they will be accepting people through out the summer (beginning april 1st) as people decide not to pay their second deposit.

I just received a phone call from the program director. So be patient and good news will arrive soon!

Note: I wrongly considered my lack of response to "wait list" email as my decision to withdraw my application.

In the mass email concerning "wait list status", it states that "If we do not hear from you by March 31, 2014, we will assume that you no longer wish to be considered for admission at the University of Maryland." Since I decided not to go, I did not respond before March 31, 2014. However, the director, she called me this afternoon to make sure that I was not interested in the wait list.

For those that accepted a spot on the wait list, have you heard anything?