***The Official Univ, of Maryland Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Sissi Romy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Couldn't find one for Class of 2019 so here goes.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
got an e-mail saying my application was received and processed. it is currently under review :p 6/27/14

Submitted my app and fee last night. This is my top choice!! Can't wait to hear back!!

Members don't see this ad :)
They had access to my app as soon as my gpa was verified. However, in ADSAAS says that the official mailing date is 07/07. Other schools have sent me emails regarding my app as well, so it seems that they have access before the oficial mailing date.

Last edited:
App is under review as of 6/20. Nothing new since then

Got this on 7/3
"Your application has been processed and your admissions file has been forwarded to the Committee on Dental Recruitment and Admissions for review.

Due to the volume of applications that we receive, we respectfully request that you do not contact our office to check on the status of your application at this time. Our office will contact you if additional information is required."

Just checked my SPAM box and found the same message as imrandom. Almost freaked out because my mailing date was 6/27. Good luck guys!

Anyone know whats the lowest score UMD has accepted for the DAT???

Time to jump in. MD resident here. MD is a favorite for me.

Just got an email from them saying, "Based on this review, we would like to invite you to continue with the admissions process."

Have to make an account, send in a pic, and do the supplemental.

There is also an optional video introduction if you want to send it in...

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Just got an email from them saying, "Based on this review, we would like to invite you to continue with the admissions process."

SAME! Good luck!

same! Are you guys going to do the video?

Same :) I'm sooooo happy!!!! First dental school in the world :soexcited:

I'm in-state too and didn't get one... I'll give it a few days before freaking out

I got the supplemental email as well. I'm OOS from Jersey.

Last edited:
got the email too! don't know if i should make a video .. hate speaking to a camera 0.0 are you guys gonna make one?

In-State here, got an invitation to fill out the supplemental on Thursday as well. App submitted 6/25 and sent out 7/2
Seems like we must be the first batch to be getting the supplemental invites!
The video is just a thing they're trying out at maryland, it wont effect the decision. I'm not doing it because it's going to seem rehearsed and awkward sitting in front of a cam and talking for 2min.

this might seem like a silly question but are you guys using a professional photo for your picture?

out of state - received the supplement thursday and submitted it today. probably not doing the video either, same reason as @DDS2 hahah

Getting the supplemental is a really good sign. I think everyone who got the supplemental last year also got an interview at some point.

Just submitted the supplemental and filled out the instate form for tuition and need to send that bad boy out. Just need to get my photo in.

In the email they sent me, it said "Please provide a 2 x 2 photograph. The picture file must be in jpeg format and must not exceed 500 kb in size. Please make sure that the photograph is not larger than 2" x 2" or 472 x 472 pixels."

Would be nice if someone could point me in the direction of where/how to submit it...

Just submitted the supplemental and filled out the instate form for tuition and need to send that bad boy out. Just need to get my photo in.

In the email they sent me, it said "Please provide a 2 x 2 photograph. The picture file must be in jpeg format and must not exceed 500 kb in size. Please make sure that the photograph is not larger than 2" x 2" or 472 x 472 pixels."

Would be nice if someone could point me in the direction of where/how to submit it...
The very first page where you log in...if you scroll down to like step 3 there's a place to upload a photo

The very first page where you log in...if you scroll down to like step 3 there's a place to upload a photo
jesus christ it was right in front of my face. sometimes we all have dumb moments. some more often than others though.

For those that received the supplemental invite, do you mind telling us what batch you're in? Thanks

For those that received the supplemental invite, do you mind telling us what batch you're in? Thanks

3rd batch
OOS (Indiana resident). Received supplemental on July 24.

I was first batch. Maybe they sent out the first group of supplementals at the same time?

This is a silly question, but what are you guys putting down under "employer's address?" Just the address of the location you worked?

I was second batch but my letters didn't go out until July 18th, received the supplement yesterday! OOS KY.

Thanks. It's so difficult to remain patient haha

Just got the email for the supplemental today

soo who's not making a video? because I was going to but then decided against it. I just feel like 2 min is too short to really say what I want to and at this point it's just making me procrastinate getting my supplemental in.

They say that the video is optional and not having one doesn't hurt you. its probably something that UMD is trying out and might make it mandatory in the years to come. I feel it is easier for the video to hurt you than help you. But what do i know, I'm just some 21 year old shmuck applying to dental schools...

They say that the video is optional and not having one doesn't hurt you. its probably something that UMD is trying out and might make it mandatory in the years to come. I feel it is easier for the video to hurt you than help you. But what do i know, I'm just some 21 year old shmuck applying to dental schools...
Hey I'm 21 too! Yay someone else young lol. Cool thanks for the feedback :)

I've been looking at last year's thread on this and the year after that and it looks like people didn't START receiving supplemental application emails until mid september and no interviews until October. Pretty surprised at how early some of us are getting these emails.

Got the supplemental email!! OOS (NC). App received email 7/8. Rec letters still haven't been sent

Got the supp today!! OOS (VA). They definitely aren't going in order because I was first batch. I hope this means an interview in the future *fingers crossed*.

Got the supp this morning as well!! OOS (NC) second batch.

Supp. invite today too! OOS, NY. I was third batch!

Supp today too. oos and 3rd batch(well sent out 2nd and completed third).

Last edited:
Got supp as well. not sure what batch i was..but app was received 7/8.