*** The Official University of Kentucky Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thre

I'm a D1 at UKCD. Congrats to all who have come this far! Let me just say... You are in for a ride. This has been by far one of the most challenging experiences of my life but thus far has been the most rewarding. Let me just say that at any dental school you will learn how to become a dentist. However, I can only speak for UKCD when I say you are surrounded by the BEST people. Faculty and students alike. Not to mention Lexington is the bees knees. Congrats!!!! You made it! Can't wait to meet y'all in August. Soak up any last minutes of freedom...........seriously. ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I just got accepted and made it out of the wait list!!!! Good luck to all those that still remain on the wait list and I cant wait to meet my future classmates

Reactions: 1 user
I just got accepted and made it out of the wait list!!!! Good luck to all those that still remain on the wait list and I cant wait to meet my future classmates
nice! are you OOS or in-state?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone ever ask for a ranking spot on the waitlist? I never heard back from them when they said "There are no rankings as of yet but we will update you when ranks are assigned" in the waitlist email.

Just got the acceptance email!!!!!! Beyond excited, can't wait to meet everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the acceptance email!!!!!! Beyond excited, can't wait to meet everyone!

Congrats! I'm happy for you. I hope I get that e-mail too. I'm not losing hope yet!

Congrats alprimo!!! I am still holding out hope also!

Received an acceptance by email on Monday as well. I loved my visit to Kentucky and am super excited to meet all my future classmates. Good luck to all those on the alternate list! I hope you all get positive news too.

I'm OOS and interviewed after Dec 2nd.

For those that were originally on the waitlist, did you get an email about the ranking before you received an admission offer?

No , just the acceptance email. I spoke to someone in admissions a few weeks back and they said they didn't think they were doing a ranked waitlist this year. Hope that helps!
For those that were originally on the waitlist, did you get an email about the ranking before you received an admission offer?[/quote

Great, hopefully I still have a chance. Thanks for replying and congrats on your acceptance!

No , just the acceptance email. I spoke to someone in admissions a few weeks back and they said they didn't think they were doing a ranked waitlist this year. Hope that helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
Still holding out hope! Anyone hear anything from the waitlist?

Has anyone received acceptance from Kentucky this month? I received an email a couple weeks ago asking if I want to stay on the alternate list. This is pretty much my last hope of getting in....

Nope, I am still trying to be hopeful though! Loved UK and the people were all very nice and welcoming!

Out-of-state waitlisters... I am going to withdraw my acceptance soon, so there is a chance for one of you!

It was a very difficult decision, UK is a great school which I deeply loved but I made my decision due to financial and family circumstances! It is very hard not to love UK :(

Good luck to those who are waiting

Anyone hear back regarding the new seat (via Dental990DDS)?

Accepted this morning! Couldn't be happier! For a Gator Lexington sure felt like home!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Accepted this morning! Couldn't be happier! For a Gator Lexington felt like home!!

Congrats! I am super jealous. I am still trying to wait patiently for an open spot. Is anyone else declining UK's offer?

Hello everyone I was admitted to UK and had some questions for current students about the program

1. When do you start clinic on your own? and how comfortable are you guys with your skills at that point?
2. Does the faculty give some leeway once you start working on patients or are they on you the whole time.
3. What are their clinic requirements to graduate, how many crowns and prosthetic units do guys need.
4. How much modern technology does UK have at your disposable cerec, cad/cam technology, itero. How much aesthetic work are you required to do?

Any feedback you may have would be great!!

Last edited:
Hello everyone I was admitted to UK and had some questions for current students about the program

1. When do you start clinic on your own? and how comfortable are you guys with your skills at that point?
2. Does the faculty give some leeway once you start working on patients or are they on you the whole time.
3. What are their clinic requirements to graduate, how many crowns and prosthetic units do guys need.
4. How much modern technology does UK have at your disposable cerec, cad/cam technology, itero. How much aesthetic work are you required to do?

Any feedback you may have would be great!!

1. fall of 2nd year. you start with cleaning and fillings. comfortable with both when you start
2. Depends on faculty. If you act like you know what to do and do well they leave you alone. if you are terrible they will watch over you more
3. requirements are very minimum, you must show that you are competent at certain things though. crown requirement is only 3 - most people get 20 or so units. most annoying requirement is 3 complete dentures, 1 RPD, 1 miscellaneous denture (complete over natural for example). you have to do all of the lab work. waste of time.
4. Haha! This is a great question but you will understand why it is humorous in a couple of years. the answer is zero. you will be taught about it in lecture but not use in clinic. you may get to play around with it in you preclinical labs. you will do the same kind of dentistry that students at the school were doing 30 years ago.
Esthetic work: Whatever you talk pts into. You will definitely do bleaching and large anterior composite/veneers. If you want porcelain veneers, anterior crown and bridge, or ortho you just have to seek out the patients.

Hey guys! Hoping some of you guys who applied here last cycle can help me out with this.

I go to school across the country and am leaving to go back in 10 days until Thanksgiving. I remember reading on this forum previously that Kentucky requires proof of shadowing in the supplemental app. How do they request this information? Just the contact info of all the dentists? Since I did most of my shadowing in my home state if I need to get any information from them I would prefer to do it now. Thanks for any help!

They will send you a form to put the contact information of the dentist, and it has to be signed by the dentist!