*** The Official University of Kentucky Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thre

Got my interview for September 19 this is one of my big schools. Hope it goes well :)

Members don't see this ad.

Do they offer in-state tuition after a year?

If you read some of last years threads on UK someone said that its one of the hardest schools for out of state people to get in state tuition :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I am in state and scheduled for September 19 as well. Good luck!

If you read some of last years threads on UK someone said that its one of the hardest schools for out of state people to get in state tuition :(

I'm sure you could find a kentucky resident to marry if you really wanted that in state tuition but keep in mind, he/she has the rights to any earnings from education you went through while you were married (marriage is like the only way to gain residency once you've started school).

Those that have received an interview how long did it take them to give you the date after you gave them your preferences? Also did you receive your first choice?

Just got my 2nd interview invite, time to work on that supplemental. Excited!

For those of you who were invited for an interview, are you in state or out of state? Also after you submitted your supplemental application how long did you wait until you received an interview invite?

For those of you who were invited for an interview, are you in state or out of state? Also after you submitted your supplemental application how long did you wait until you received an interview invite?
I'm OOS and recieved the invite on friday.You pay the fee after they receieve ur app from AADSAs but you don't get the supplemental unless you are invited for the interview. I''m working on the supplemental now but I'd imagine it only takes a few days after submitting the supp for them to send you the list of interview date options for you to choose from.

I'm OOS and recieved the invite on friday.You pay the fee after they receieve ur app from AADSAs but you don't get the supplemental unless you are invited for the interview. I''m working on the supplemental now but I'd imagine it only takes a few days after submitting the supp for them to send you the list of interview date options for you to choose from.
Oh and I submitted my fee on 8/14 and was invited on 8/23.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my secondary app over a month ago. Filled it out and submitted same day. Due to a technical glitch, supplemental went through, class info didn't. Didn't know that half didn't go through for 3 weeks. Emailed Missy and got that fixed. Still haven't gotten an interview invite. Still hopeful but nervous, especially when others are getting an interview invite within days of filling out the supplemental.

I got my secondary app over a month ago. Filled it out and submitted same day. Due to a technical glitch, supplemental went through, class info didn't. Didn't know that half didn't go through for 3 weeks. Emailed Missy and got that fixed. Still haven't gotten an interview invite. Still hopeful but nervous, especially when others are getting an interview invite within days of filling out the supplemental.
You may want to call Missy back or email her that you havent recieved the list of interview dates. I got my supp last friday, finished it this morning, emailed her my confirmation and she emailed me back the list of dates within an hour. I responded with my top 3 choices and she confirmed me for October 19th within 10 minutes. There is most likely an oversight issue with your completes materials.

Finally!! Just got an interview invite!! Very excited!!

Invited for an interview today!! Couldn't be happier! In-state and UKCD is my first choice. Best of luck to everyone!

Finally!! Just got an interview invite!! Very excited!!

PS here are my stats:
School: University of Kentucky
Notification date: 9/9
Method of notification: email
Residency: Idaho
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/18
GPA (science, overall): Science 3.55 Overall 3.1 BCP 3.84
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/20/20/none

whoever got interviews what are your stats?!

Interview date scheduled for October 19! Anyone else interviewing on the 19th? Here are my stats for who was asking:

Kentucky resident and re-applicant
Processing fee submission date: Sept. 4
Invitation for Interview: Sept. 9
B.A. in Biology
DAT Academic Average: 17
Overall GPA: 3.55
Science GPA: 3.27
Non-Science GPA: 3.89

Interview date scheduled for October 19! Anyone else interviewing on the 19th? Here are my stats for who was asking:

Kentucky resident and re-applicant
Processing fee submission date: Sept. 4
Invitation for Interview: Sept. 9
B.A. in Biology
DAT Academic Average: 17
Overall GPA: 3.55
Science GPA: 3.27
Non-Science GPA: 3.89
So glad they offered a Saturday interview date, ill be there the 19th!
Were you offered an interview last year as well? If so, how would you describe your experience?

So glad they offered a Saturday interview date, ill be there the 19th!
Were you offered an interview last year as well? If so, how would you describe your experience?

I am very excited! Looking forward to meeting you! Last year I was not offered an interview at UK. I received an e-mail saying they were "interested in my application", and asked me to fill out a supplemental application before they decided on an interview. After I submitted my supplemental, I never heard back about an interview.

As far as the interviews at UK, I have two really close friends who are students at UKCD, and they said this year's interview days are going to be even better than last year. I'm not sure about specifics on the actual interview, but the things they've added to the day as a whole include several demonstrations in clinic and showing us the newly renovated student lab! It should be a great day!!

i absolutely loved u kentucky! i interviewed last week and everyone was soooooo nice and laid back. the students actually seemed to enjoy being on campus/in class. the interviews themselves were pretty laid back also. two separate interviews, back to back, and then fun things like the tour, lunch, talking with students afterwards

i absolutely loved u kentucky! i interviewed last week and everyone was soooooo nice and laid back. the students actually seemed to enjoy being on campus/in class. the interviews themselves were pretty laid back also. two separate interviews, back to back, and then fun things like the tour, lunch, talking with students afterwards

Did anyone's interview seem too relaxed? I didn't talk about dentistry much. I talked about riding bikes, the interviewers kids, what's nice about ky. Any ideas why that happened?! I feel like I didn't get to explain why I want to be a dentist. Good or bad what do you guys think?

Did anyone's interview seem too relaxed? I didn't talk about dentistry much. I talked about riding bikes, the interviewers kids, what's nice about ky. Any ideas why that happened?! I feel like I didn't get to explain why I want to be a dentist. Good or bad what do you guys think?
That's how my last two interviews went as well. I'm hoping that my application and personal statement spoke for themselves as to why I want to be a dentist and that they honestly just wanted to get a sense of who I was and my personality.

I wouldnt worry about it too much, sounds like it was a conversation instead of an interview which is always a good sign.

my first one was pretty straightforward, going thru my application, asking about my grades etc.
but yeah, the second one was extremely relaxed. UK doesn't seem to over-interview so they prob just wanna see who u are as a person (outside of the dental realm).
also their students seemed very down to earth and the ones i met all had a life outside of dental school so they may just wanna see if you have interests other than school

I have an interview on 10/26. Anybody want to share a room with me???

I am a OSS are they still giving out interviews. They said my app was under review. I have a 4.0 gpa and 18 DAT

I am also interviewing on the 19th! Very much looking forward to it!

I'm so excited for my interview that's coming up! :) I've read all over the place that they don't over interview..so do any of you guys know how many people they do interview in total and what the acceptance rate is? I'm OOS btw!

I'm so excited for my interview that's coming up! :) I've read all over the place that they don't over interview..so do any of you guys know how many people they do interview in total and what the acceptance rate is? I'm OOS btw!
According to doc's excel sheet, last year 70% of interviewed in state applicants were accepted and 56% of interviewed oos applicants were accepted. I think those are really great odds!

According to doc's excel sheet, last year 70% of interviewed in state applicants were accepted and 56% of interviewed oos applicants were accepted. I think those are really great odds!
Thank you so much BlueDevil!! Those odds are great :D

I'm interviewing on Oct 19th as well!! I'm excited... see you guys there!

"Check Back December 2nd" status update this morning, we are so close!

I saw that too. Hope that means something good.

Good morning guys, happy thanksgiving! I noticed yesterday when I looked at school decisions under AADSAS, both schools I interviewed at had a status of "invited for interview" including UKCD. I checked again and this morning and UKCD changed to "received/under review." Should this be a cause for concern? Thank you.

Good morning guys, happy thanksgiving! I noticed yesterday when I looked at school decisions under AADSAS, both schools I interviewed at had a status of "invited for interview" including UKCD. I checked again and this morning and UKCD changed to "received/under review." Should this be a cause for concern? Thank you.

People have posted throughout the cycle siting the same occurence. It appears as though AADSAS does experience glitches periodically. Try not to over think it.

People have posted throughout the cycle siting the same occurence. It appears as though AADSAS does experience glitches periodically. Try not to over think it.
ahhh I see, thanks for responding. at this time of year, anxiety kicks in!

Mine changed yesterday morning from "Invited for Interview" to "Check Back on Dec 2". This school is awesome so hopefully there is some good news that day! :happy:

I didn't receive any email by 12:01 am

any of you guys have received anything????

Literally just got the email!!!!! Accepted!!!!

Accepted! Email at 12:07 am! I'm in shock, this is amazing!

You think thy are sending one by one ..?
Probably a batch? But I'm sure not everyone's will get in their inbox at the exact same time, so don't worry! Fingers crossed for you :)