****The Official University of Michigan Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got an invite:soexcited:!!! This will be my 6th. Thank god :bow: ! I was in the middle of writing a long email to the admissions office about my application and was editing it on my phone when I saw "Gmail University of Michigan" in my notifications. I was so confused as to why my draft was in my inbox until my eyes glanced over the words invitation.

My application was completed 7/11 and I had almost given up on UMICH. This is the one I had been waiting for. Michigan is my DREAM school and I honestly can't believe this is real. I feel like I've just recieved a golden ticket. Don't lose hope guys, your invites may be on the way!:banana:

Congrats! I wonder when they will start reviewing Sep application.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an invite:soexcited:!!! This will be my 6th. Thank god :bow: ! I was in the middle of writing a long email to the admissions office about my application and was editing it on my phone when I saw "Gmail University of Michigan" in my notifications. I was so confused as to why my draft was in my inbox until my eyes glanced over the words invitation.

My application was completed 7/11 and I had almost given up on UMICH. This is the one I had been waiting for. Michigan is my DREAM school and I honestly can't believe this is real. I feel like I've just recieved a golden ticket. Don't lose hope guys, your invites may be on the way!:banana:
May this fate await all of us :)

Reactions: 2 users

I just got an interview invite!!!!!!!! Also came on here to check out dates left, and read your post. I was also in the middle of writing a letter update to them when I randomly saw umich in my inbox!! Good luck on your interview!

Reactions: 4 users
I just got an interview invite!!!!!!!! Also came on here to check out dates left, and read your post. I was also in the middle of writing a letter update to them when I randomly saw umich in my inbox!! Good luck on your interview!

congrats and good luck! Mind telling me when your mail out date was?

Just curious about what your stats, residency, and mail out date are if you don't mind sharing? I know a lot of us are still (im)patiently waiting!

Reactions: 1 user
AHHH just got an interview invite for 11/11! OOS, app complete 7/11. Like many here I was starting to worry that after almost 4 months I wouldn't hear back, but my number one dream school came through. Two of my grandparents and both of my parents went here, and my brother is a currently freshman at UM, so to be able to go here has been a dream of mine as long as I can remember. I'm so happy I Facetimed my parents while dancing to tell them haha.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
There you go everyone, the key is to start writing the letter of interest to UMich Admissions but don't actually finish it or send it.

Reactions: 14 users
There you go everyone, the key is to start writing the letter of interest to UMich Admissions but don't actually finish it or send it.

There you go everyone, the key is to start writing the letter of interest to UMich Admissions but don't actually send it.
I laughed a bit more than I should've LOL

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm OOS. Is Michigan done sending out interview invites?

I think they still have one or two more dates for post-Dec in January. Although who knows, maybe people invited in Nov. might cancel, and they need to fill those spots.

I think they still have one or two more dates for post-Dec in January. Although who knows, maybe people invited in Nov. might cancel, and they need to fill those spots.

Good to know! Thanks :)

Did anyone who interviewed not do the financial aid estimate worksheet?

Well, no Michigan for me, I guess.

Anyone know when this school typically send out rejections (for non-canadians)?

Anyone know when this school typically send out rejections (for non-canadians)?
I don't know if it matters that your Canadian but at my interview they said that they won't send rejections until January.

I don't know if it matters that your Canadian but at my interview they said that they won't send rejections until January.

Did they mention if they'll let you know that you're on the waitlist?

Did they mention if they'll let you know that you're on the waitlist?
So we were told that on Dec 1st they will accept 140 people. They will have 2 interviews in January and at the end of January they will re-evaluate everyone they interviewed to see who they want to accept, add to the waitlist, or send a rejection.

So we were told that on Dec 1st they will accept 140 people. They will have 2 interviews in January and at the end of January they will re-evaluate everyone they interviewed to see who they want to accept, add to the waitlist, or send a rejection.

Perfect, thank you.

Well, no Michigan for me, I guess.

Same, because I was complete 7/11 and it looks like they just revisited that date. I don't know what to do because for the past three years, not getting an interview at my number one choice has not been a part of my plan. I'd like to send an update email, but a new serving job and a couple more hours of shadowing don't sound worth updating.

Anyone else's app still not even under review yet? On aadsas it says received/complete for this school and a few others for me but not under review yet.

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone else's app still not even under review yet? On aadsas it says received/complete for this school and a few others for me but not under review yet.
i have it as app complete ever since i submitted, and it was never changed to under review. i think it means that they are not interested at all. sigh!

Anyone OOS get an interview?
I'm OOS unfortunately. App and supplemental received in September:

Any chance I'll get interviewed?
I'm a Michigan grad
23 AA/ 24 TS/ 20 PAT
3.81 oGPA/ 3.67 sGPA
200+ hrs shadowing
1 year research
150+ hours volunteering
4 LORS

Anyone OOS get an interview?
I'm OOS unfortunately. App and supplemental received in September:

Any chance I'll get interviewed?
I'm a Michigan grad
23 AA/ 24 TS/ 20 PAT
3.81 oGPA/ 3.67 sGPA
200+ hrs shadowing
1 year research
150+ hours volunteering
4 LORS

There are two interviews in January left.

Will U of M send interview invites out in December and January, or are we done for already?

Just to relieve some stress for you guys and show you an example what you would be doing in dental school.. :D

:p:p:pD1
:p:p:pD2
:p:p:pD3

There are also D4 and dental hygiene videos, but unfortunately I cannot find them on Youtube.

Have a great day!

Reactions: 4 users
Just to relieve some stress for you guys and show you an example what you would be doing in dental school.. :D

There are also D4 and dental hygiene videos, but unfortunately I cannot find them on Youtube.

Have a great day!

I wish this is me next year.

are you 100 percent positive?

He's 100% positive. They said December 1st acceptances fill ~75% of the class and then the 2 spring interview dates fill the rest.

He's 100% positive. They said December 1st acceptances fill ~75% of the class and then the 2 spring interview dates fill the rest.
is there any interviews in January or February?

Have a great day!

They were doing this during our tour of the clinics. They wanted us to join but I didnt think we had enough time :(

I see some schools have changed their AADSAS status to 'Check back Dec. 1st' has anyone gotten that?

can someone confirm this?? 140 sounds like too many people

can someone confirm this?? 140 sounds like too many people

They accept more than what is available because people decline and go elsewhere. This number seems accurate, somewhere on these forums is a table with number of interviewers and number accepted, I'll post if I can find it.

Good luck everyone!!!

I'm so anxious for this one, it's my top choice. Good luck!

I'm so anxious for this one, it's my top choice. Good luck!
Me too. I felt like my interview went well. Im trying not to keep my hopes too high. I don't want to be devastated on Dec 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.