*** The Official University of Pittsburgh Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

If anyone is interviewing on October 12 and wants to hang out or split a hotel, let me know!
Congrats on your invite! You'll really enjoy the experience there. The students place a huge emphasis on "family," and so everyone gets along really well (which is important since you'll spend the next four years together). The city is also really nice, as well as the people (I got a genuine "good morning" from a random stranger). I would definitely recommend getting there a day or two (if possible) in advance to explore the area.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They just sent a wave for late Oct/early Nov. That might be it for pre-December. Or maybe not. You could always call and ask! My sources of info have been depleted haha sorry

October 26th interview, if anyone wants to split a hotel and uber to the school, let me know. I'm a guy

I am a Cali resident and for the class of 2019 they only had four students from Cali and my gpa is on the low side - 3.2 both but fairly good dat and experiences. Would it be realistic to expect an interview? Meh only can wait and see. Good luck to those who have upcoming interviews!

They just sent a wave for late Oct/early Nov. That might be it for pre-December. Or maybe not. You could always call and ask! My sources of info have been depleted haha sorry

Did anyone ever figure out if they are planning on sending out more invites for pre-December interviews? I'm so impatient :arghh:

Reactions: 1 user
Alright I suppose I will call them today. I'll update you guys with any information I get!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Well I already had my interview so you guys have more of a reason to call if you really want to know haha. Good luck either way!
Speaking of interviews, mine is coming up.. Got any recommendations? PM me if you'd like, no need for specific questions those are all on interview feedback unless you really feel the need to share that. And if you don't want to share anything I ain't even mad atchya

I had my interview this past Monday. It was honestly the most relaxed, conversational interview I've had so far. It was closed file and my interviewer had read my personal statement pretty thoroughly so he brought up some points he wanted me to elaborate on. So if anything, I'd say read over your personal statement a few times before you go for your interview!

Last edited:
Speaking of interviews, mine is coming up.. Got any recommendations? PM me if you'd like, no need for specific questions those are all on interview feedback unless you really feel the need to share that. And if you don't want to share anything I ain't even mad atchya

It's all subjective because each person has a different interviewer. Mine was probably the 2nd easiest interview I have been to. Others said they were grilled. But overall, everyone seems to agree that it was a laid back interview

I went up to the school yesterday and asked one of the admissions people about pre-December interview invites. She said that there are still 2 dates open (assuming not the 10/26 one, but possibly Nov. 9th?), so I guess they will be sending out more invites! Hang tough guys!

If you received an interview invitation please share your mail out date if don't mind.
Thanks.

I feel like such a dummy. I sent out my application at the end of July and thought I had a silent rejection from Pitt until today when they told me to send them a sup app and photo, so my app there wasn't even complete -.-. I don't think I am going to submit it now that it is so late, but good luck to you all!

That's exactly what happened to me. I sent a check in even though it's not going to do much good at this point

Does anyone know the acceptance rate after getting an interview here? I'm getting so excited/nervous for my interview :confused:

I know Pitt had some interviews today. Anyone who had them, how did they go?

I know Pitt had some interviews today. Anyone who had them, how did they go?
My interview wasn't today, but I thought the dental school was pretty awesome (Pittsburgh itself is also a really nice place). The students and faculty are super cool (they see themselves as belonging to a family). The interviewers were also really chill and friendly (the friendliest I've seen so far). It was a great experience.

Also, if I remember correctly, the students told me that a lot of them take their boards during their first year (or was it beginning of second?), which is pretty cool (and yes, they said that they felt prepared).

It's a really nice school (Pittsburgh is also really nice). The students and faculty are super cool (they see themselves as belonging to a family). The interviewers were also really chill and friendly (the friendliest I've seen so far). It was a great experience.

Also, if I remember correctly, the students told me that a lot of them take their boards during their first year (or was it beginning of second?), which is pretty cool (and yes, they said that they felt prepared).
It's in after the summer of your first year, in August, between your D1 and D2 years. You can take them up to 3 times and you must pass by the end of your second year. We have a really high first time pass rate.

Also...I saw you all today. You all looked well dressed.

Also...I saw you all today. You all looked well dressed.
I wish I would've known who you were I always wondered how you looked haha. The school was amazing man, opened up my eyes to Pitt a lot. The faculty was awesome

Reactions: 2 users
I wish I would've known who you were I always wondered how you looked haha. The school was amazing man, opened up my eyes to Pitt a lot. The faculty was awesome
Who did your tour? I only saw the group with Arielle.

Who did your tour? I only saw the group with Arielle.
Nick and Paula I believe was the females name. She kept saying she had a birthday on the 25th so if that gives you an idea of who it was.

I'm interviewing on November 9th. Pitt seems like an awesome school! I'm so grateful. Hopefully things go well for me! I'm a Utah resident. This will be my first time seeing Pittsburgh. Good luck to everyone with their interviews!

I'm interviewing on November 9th. Pitt seems like an awesome school! I'm so grateful. Hopefully things go well for me! I'm a Utah resident. This will be my first time seeing Pittsburgh. Good luck to everyone with their interviews!
I'm interviewing on the same day! I'll see you there :) good luck to everyone!

I would highly recommend getting to Pittsburgh as early as possible. It is really a wonderful city, and so you should definitely do some exploring beforehand. The people there are also really nice. Even the students and faculty are extremely nice (they see themselves as a family). My interviewer at Pitt was super friendly and chill, and this resulted in the interview being fairly comfortable, which made me thankful because it was my first one. It was more of a relaxed conversation. I think you'll love it. Good luck!

Reactions: 4 users
For those who received an invitation and emailed back the respective individual to confirm the date, when did you hear back?

For those who received an invitation and emailed back the respective individual to confirm the date, when did you hear back?
After emailing them my requested interview date, I received a reply the following day (this was back in September).

Are the interviews open or closed file?

+1, same with me

So they told us during the info session it was going to be closed file unless our interviewer was someone on the admissions committee...which is what happened with me, my interviewer was on the committee and she could see everything - my GPA, letters of rec, etc.

Are the interviews open or closed file?

+1, same with me
Honestly couldn't tell. Interviewer knew where I went to undergrad, but aside from that, didn't seem to know anything else. If he did, he didn't mention it and asked stuff more along the lines of "what activities do you do?"

Pittsburgh has an essay application to fill out for a scholarship after interview and I totally understand the purpose. Does anyone know why they do it before acceptance, like the essay. I'm sure many people submit it but they don't accept everyone they interview. Do you think the essay factors into their decision making?