***The Official University of the Pacific Dugoni Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

xatlasb

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Seeing as this thread hasn't been made yet I figured I'd go ahead and get it started for this next cycle! Good luck to everyone who is applying! Pacific is a great school and I can't wait to start in less than two weeks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm applying to UOP! How does HPSP work with UOP? Do you have 4 years of obligation despite only doing 3 years of school?

Members don't see this ad :)
The only school in the school decisions tab that has something in the 'status defined' column next to 'received/ application complete.' "Your file is complete and is in waiting to be reviewed by the committee. Once your file is in review, you will receive an email."

This happened as soon as I got my third letter in. However I am missing one science letter from their requirements. Any news is still exciting news. :D

I'm applying to UOP! How does HPSP work with UOP? Do you have 4 years of obligation despite only doing 3 years of school?

My sister is doing the Army HPSP and she told me that her friend didn't go to UOP because they don't pay for UOP for some reason. Don't know if that's currently true or if it's for all HPSP programs, but that was like 3 years ago when she was applying. Definitely talk to the recruiters so they can give you a definite answer :)

UOP 100% has Navy Hpsp spots. There are 12 students in the class of 2017 that just swore in so the Navy must like something. If you get a recruiter that tries to tell you otherwise find someone else ASAP, the most important part of getting the scholarship is applying early enough.

Did you guys hear anything from uop yet? Last years thread, people got emails that said application complete and ready for review. By August 9, people started getting interviews

Did you guys hear anything from uop yet? Last years thread, people got emails that said application complete and ready for review. By August 9, people started getting interviews

Nothing on my end. They did just move to the new building - maybe that has to do with it? - so they're probably busy. It seems like a few schools are doing things a little later this cycle.

Reactions: 1 user
I got the application complete/waiting for review email on 7/28

Hey I just called uop admission office, and they are experiencing a very large backlog due to an overwhelming amount of applications. They told me they will start interviewing in September, and should send out application updates in a couple of weeks.

Reactions: 1 users
I just got the app status update saying "We have all of the required documents at this time and your file is awaiting review by our Executive Admissions Committee. You will be notified by email when your file is under active review."

What does it mean by "when your file is under active review" ...?
Is my app on hold or something? I hope this means nothing bad but just an update with no hiding meaning.

Hey I just called uop admission office, and they are experiencing a very large backlog due to an overwhelming amount of applications. They told me they will start interviewing in September, and should send out application updates in a couple of weeks.

When did you submit your application?

I just got the app status update saying "We have all of the required documents at this time and your file is awaiting review by our Executive Admissions Committee. You will be notified by email when your file is under active review."

What does it mean by "when your file is under active review" ...?
Is my app on hold or something? I hope this means nothing bad but just an update with no hiding meaning.

No, its just an update. In fact, hopefully the next email you should get shortly is an interview invite in the next couple of weeks.

When did you submit your application?

I submitted my app and fee on 7/25

Members don't see this ad :)
No, its just an update. In fact, hopefully the next email you should get shortly is an interview invite in the next couple of weeks.

I submitted my app and fee on 7/25

Thank you for your response. I was about to get panicked!!! :uhno: haha

I got the application received (app complete) email on July 10th.

Got an email saying my file is under active review by the adcom. It's been nearly a month since the last email I received stating that my file was complete and was awaiting review.

*If you are invited for an interview, you will receive a phone call, not an email. Just thought I'd pass that along.

I just got that email as well

Still haven't received an under active review email yet. What batches were you?

I didn't receive an email but my status changed on my aadsas portal from app complete to under review

I think the some of the emails might be delayed. Mine says it was sent four hours ago but I just got it an hour ago. :)

Good luck everyone. If you're OOS then you've got about a 5% chance of getting an interview invite

I didn't receive an email but my status changed on my aadsas portal from app complete to under review

Really, I never got an app complete status on aadsas. The only status I have is app received, under review.

Judging from other threads I thought app complete is the status where your app is complete and ready to be reviewed.

Got a "File under Active Review" email today as well!

Based off the numbers in the ADEA guide, sadly it's true

Got the under review email today as well. 1st batch.

Anyone get a phone call yet?

How do we determine what batch we are?

How do we determine what batch we are?
Depending on when your adea application was mailed out. Every friday starting from july 20th

edit: JUNE 20th. not july

Last edited:
So if you submitted before July 20th, you are considered first batch?

I submitted June 30th would that make me 2nd or 3rd? :whistle::unsure::help::zip:

I got the under review email today as well. I believe my application was mailed on 7/11. LORs weren't sent until 7/25 though.

Did everyone get an application complete email/aadsas portal update? I haven't heard anything since I paid the fee :confused:

I was 6th batch (DAT scores held my app till 8/1). Still says under review on AADSAS portal from 7/21. Got the call today from their admissions number. 9/18 interview.
3.62 sGPA, 3.69 cGPA
22AA, CA resident
Got the Active App review email 8/19
Good luck guys! She said she was calling quite a few people today.

I got everything sent on 7/7 (3rd batch) so I am kinda confused on why I haven't heard anything back..

Id suggest going out and forgetting about this forum. When I go do something besides refresh my emails, I tend to get results. Its also still earlier so I wouldnt worry yet.

Reactions: 4 users
Okay, I'm batch #7. My dentist has yet to submit his LOR. If UoP is starting to set dates for interviews, I think it's time to start putting pressure on him.

Reactions: 2 users
Just wondering who still did not receive an active review email yet?

I submitted 7/25 did not hear anything since.

I was 3rd batch (7/7) mail out and haven't gotten the "active review" email yet either... (non-CA resident)

I was 2nd batch and i heard mine was under review on the 19th. But i haven't heard back since. Oh and i'm a CA resident.

I submitted that day as well, they are still processing my app!