** The Official UPenn Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread **

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)

Does Corky usually answer the phone herself? I've called a couple of times and spoken with a woman but I don't think it was Corky (because she didn't specify). During my last call, I mentioned a correspondence I had with Corky so I hope I wasn't actually talking to her haha. Ah the wait is making me think too much about the smallest details...

decided to defer my acceptance. this should open up a spot and i hope one of you guys get it, especially the people i met during my interview!

If you don't mind, what's your reason for deferring? Does it mean you're automatically accepted into the c/o 2019? Just curious about the deferring process. Thanks.

decided to defer my acceptance. this should open up a spot and i hope one of you guys get it, especially the people i met during my interview!

You can defer acceptances? never knew Lol

just called the office on my status update and they told me i got waitlisted. Better than being rejected haha...

Also i was told that they re evaluate the waitlist pool when more spots open up.

Last edited:
just called the office on my status update and they told me i got waitlisted. Better than being rejected haha...

Also i was told that they re evaluate the waitlist pool when more spots open up.

So class is full? Lol at this point, I just wanna know my status for ego purposes pft lol Staying at UBC either way!

Members don't see this ad :)
Will they notify you via email if you're on the wait list?

Call. Most likely you might be waitlisted at this point. Class full. you should call though. They said they notify by mail

I wonder how many are on waitlist. Why don't we do a head count rofl

Reactions: 1 user
Looks like I'm waitlisted then. I don't know if I want to call lol.

I would call bc I was told (today) that my file is still under consideration. They also said they aren't done with acceptances just yet.

I'm honestly not sure whether a no decision is better than being waitlisted, or vice versa. How's a wait list forming when acceptances aren't done? Are they gonna use the wait list right away? Hmm any thoughts on this?

when did you interview?

for the most part, im glad that im waitlisted at this point.

When I called Ms Cacas said "no news is good news. There have been many kids who have been rejected and waitlisted already so just be patient." So I think no waitlist is still good at this point. Obviously Im just assuming. No news could be a rejection right around the corner. Who knows

What I hope though... is that people don't decide to drop at the last moment in August... just because they forgot to...
BU starts in End of July :( fml.

any canadian applicants waiting to hear back?

Anyone get in today? Looks like the first Monday in a while that acceptances haven't been given out. I wonder if the class is full.

Sooooooo how much movement does the wait list get? What are the chances for those wait listed? Does anyone know when it moves and how much it moves? Any info on the wait list would be awesome! Thanks in advance!

When I called Ms Cacas said "no news is good news. There have been many kids who have been rejected and waitlisted already so just be patient." So I think no waitlist is still good at this point. Obviously Im just assuming. No news could be a rejection right around the corner. Who knows
In my opinion, you're right. No news is good news. But as long as you feel like your interviews went well and you were yourself, I'm sure you'll get that acceptance notification sometime in the near future. Coming out of my interview I thought I screwed up so many of their questions, but I felt like I left a lasting impression. Don't worry about it too much. Good luck!

Has anyone called UPenn recently? Are they still making final decisions?

Yeah, they won't spill beans on anything. lol let's just chillax a little.

Got in last Wednesday. But Its wayyyy too expensive and the area is awful. Also the clinics are probably the worst i've seen. Hope this helps someone who hasn't gotten into school yet.

Got in last Wednesday. But Its wayyyy too expensive and the area is awful. Also the clinics are probably the worst i've seen. Hope this helps someone who hasn't gotten into school yet.

Nice of you to let all the other SDNers in the UPenn thread know how crappy the school is. Plus, I'm sure that those not yet accepted will appreciate your granting them an additional seat to such a crappy school. Such a loss for UPenn.

Reactions: 1 users

Are you going else where? Because there are alot of people in the waitlist pool, eager to get in

Are you going else where? Because there are alot of people in the waitlist pool, eager to get in

Nice of you to let all the other SDNers in the UPenn thread know how crappy the school is. Plus, I'm sure that those not yet accepted will appreciate your granting them an additional seat to such a crappy school. Such a loss for UPenn.

I already told them to withdraw my acceptance so hopefully that opens up a spot for someone. I enjoyed the people at the school and the rep they have as an ivy league is very cool, it's just not the school for me because of a lot of reasons, mainly cost. I'll be going to my state school. Good luck to all waiting!

Reactions: 2 users
I already told them to withdraw my acceptance so hopefully that opens up a spot for someone. I enjoyed the people at the school and the rep they have as an ivy league is very cool, it's just not the school for me because of a lot of reasons, mainly cost. I'll be going to my state school. Good luck to all waiting!

Didn't mean to be too harsh, but you gotta admit your original posting was quite senseless.
Good luck to you at your state school.

i interviewed jan. 16 and got the acceptance call today (tuesday)!

Accepted a while ago, posting now.

Reactions: 1 users