***The Official USC Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

rladbwjdtl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
USC anyone? :)

Members don't see this ad.

Here!!! :). Has anyone heard anything about them reviewing applications yet?

I've applied in the 2nd batch! Anyone know how early USC starts inviting for interviews? Also, I send my payment in via U.S snail mail and I've looked on their website, is there no way to pay the app fee online?

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe they only accept check payment via snail mail.

Anybody received any email from them? They cashed my check, but no email at all.

Anybody received any email from them? They cashed my check, but no email at all.
Same here! I haven't heard anything from them yet. Last time I called, they said that they are a running a little behind. We should hear sometimes next month.

If there is one thing I learned from last year it was this..

USC is SLOW

If there is one thing I learned from last year it was this..

USC is SLOW

Except at cashing our checks. I live across the country and they were the first school to cash my check even though I sent several on the same day.

When did you submit your app,?
I sent the check on the day I e-submitted my application(6/24). They had not cashed my check yet..I got a confirmation mail from UPS that they received my check.

Shoul I call them and check? :(

Except at cashing our checks. I live across the country and they were the first school to cash my check even though I sent several on the same day.

Just you wait.

Other schools will have finished inviting pre-december interviewees before USC has even opened its portal.

USC is SLOW and LOVES MONEY. haha

Reactions: 1 user
Just you wait.

Other schools will have finished inviting pre-december interviewees before USC has even opened its portal.

USC is SLOW and LOVES MONEY. haha
Literally had the same thought how they cashed it so quickly. Haha c'mon USC I wanna get this going haha.

i sent my check around the july 5th, my app was mailed on the june 28th.

Members don't see this ad :)
did anyone include a cover letter or anything with their check? or is it just envelope + check?

did anyone include a cover letter or anything with their check? or is it just envelope + check?

envelope + check. check was cashed within the week that i sent it out :laugh:

gotta love USC...

USC started their interviews in October this last cycle so it should be around the same time for this cycle. Good Luck to everyone applying! :D

Submitted my application toady. At least they will send an e-mail demanding for application fee "soon".

Submitted my application toady. At least they will send an e-mail demanding for application fee "soon".

Nope. You are suppose to send in your fee the same time as the aadsas app. Get on it Miss.

Haha yeah I figured that out soon :p

Email notification from USC

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

3rd batch here. got the email app confirmation today too but I expect a little wait before anything else:
"...and conducts interviews from early October through March."

Update: I talked to admissions today and they said that they haven't started reviewing any apps. I barely got an email today saying that they received my app and supp fee, but then again I was part of the 4th batch (7/19). Interviews wont start until October, so I guess we will just have to be patient.

I was part of the first batch of invites last year, and it was sent september 18. You guys still have a while haha

I spoke with admissions yday and they said they just started reviewing applications and that they will start sending out invitations in a couple of weeks. No set date, just in the upcoming weeks

Update: I talked to admissions today and they said that they haven't started reviewing any apps. I barely got an email today saying that they received my app and supp fee, but then again I was part of the 4th batch (7/19). Interviews wont start until October, so I guess we will just have to be patient.

There was a separate email for received payment? I'm 2nd batch and I never got that email.

Finally got an application received email. They cashed my check over a month ago hahaa. I hate this waiting game!!!

Hey USC is finally on the AADSAS portal. Mine says Received/Under Review.

Got an interview invite yesterday! I posted on the official interview thread.

Gratz to those who got interviews! I'll be there on Oct. 10th. It's going to be a packed day from 8:45 AM - 3:30 PM. Hope to see some of you there!

Hey all, super new to SDN (made an account this morning) so hopefully I don't botch this up.

Anyways, I received an II from USC this morning but when I went to schedule my interview date, the earliest they had was January 14th...I guess all of the October dates filled up! Any clue if they will be opening up more interview dates? I would hate to wait until January...

Thanks for your help!

Hey all, super new to SDN (made an account this morning) so hopefully I don't botch this up.

Anyways, I received an II from USC this morning but when I went to schedule my interview date, the earliest they had was January 14th...I guess all of the October dates filled up! Any clue if they will be opening up more interview dates? I would hate to wait until January...

Thanks for your help!

Uh oh. That doesn't seem right... You do know that this is the pre-dental forum? Your account says pre-medical...

Called yesterday but all the 6 days were filled already! Haha thank goodness they opened up another date on the 29th. I'll be there! :)

Called yesterday but all the 6 days were filled already! Haha thank goodness they opened up another date on the 29th. I'll be there! :)

Same thing happened to me haha. I'll see you on the 29th!:laugh:

Who is interviewing on August the 23rd at 8:45am? I am from Boston and would love to meet up with someone that is familiar with Cali

Who is interviewing on August the 23rd at 8:45am? I am from Boston and would love to meet up with someone that is familiar with Cali

You mean October 23? I'll be interviewing then too and will be in LA on the 22nd. It's my first time going to Cali as well haha.

Congratulations to everyone who has received an invitation from USC to interview. I am a first year at USC dental and would gladly answer any questions any of you may have regarding concerns you may have. Please feel free to message me!

To those of you who are still waiting on interviews, I know exactly how you feel. As hard as it may be to do, please be patient and do not lose hope. USC has a very big class of 144 seats. When I interviewed in February, only half of the seats were full. At the interview, the Admissions Office will tell you USC really spends a lot of time, and for good reasons, looking at its applicant pool to select interviewees. While this may seem slower for all of you who are still waiting, you will definitely see and be able to appreciate its worth when you are here.

Stay positive and good things will happen!

Reactions: 1 user
i just got an interview today. OOS, 3rd batch, 22 AA, 3.5 GPA

anybody know the acceptance rate of people who get interviews at this school?

i just got an interview today. OOS, 3rd batch, 22 AA, 3.5 GPA

Yay! Got mine during work today, except I couldn't use my phone during work to confirm interview date and by the time I got off work the offices closed and now I gotta wait till Monday -.-

But yay! And congrats!

do you mind sharing your stats ? :)

Yay! Got mine during work today, except I couldn't use my phone during work to confirm interview date and by the time I got off work the offices closed and now I gotta wait till Monday -.-

But yay! And congrats!