The Official VCU Dental Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread

AMAZING school...I absolutely loved it. Interview day was so organized and you definitely get a good sense of how the school runs and how great the people are!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
The rub is, I really hope to receive an offer of admission at one of the other schools where I interviewed on Dec 1. If VCU waits till March to offer me an interview, I will have to turn it down as I will have already paid between a $750 and $2000 deposit at one of the other schools. VCU is the only school where I will entertain an interview after Dec 1, should I be accepted on Dec.1. And even then, only if I would be guaranteed to hear something back by the time the admissions deposit is due at the other school who offered me admission.

Reactions: 1 user
The rub is, I really hope to receive an offer of admission at one of the other schools where I interviewed on Dec 1. If VCU waits till March to offer me an interview, I will have to turn it down as I will have already paid between a $750 and $2000 deposit at one of the other schools. VCU is the only school where I will entertain an interview after Dec 1, should I be accepted on Dec.1. And even then, only if I would be guaranteed to hear something back by the time the admissions deposit is due at the other school who offered me admission.

Share the same sentiment, but i think i will interview at vcu no matter how late it is because its my in state school .

Its way cheaper than other schools

Members don't see this ad :)
Share the same sentiment, but i think i will interview at vcu no matter how late it is because its my in state school .

Its way cheaper than other schools
I agree. I would just like to not waste $2k on an admissions deposit.

This is for the people awaiting post-Dec 1st interview: When I interviewed two years ago, they told me the policy was that 60 acceptances are given out on Dec 1st and another 30 or more acceptances are given out post-Dec 1st. I don't know how things are run now but it was possible to be accepted as late as one month before the beginning of school.

Still no word. With a DAT score of 18, are my chances of getting an interview basically nonexistent at this point?

Still no word. With a DAT score of 18, are my chances of getting an interview basically nonexistent at this point?

second round will start after dec 1st. Don't lose hope.

Mine changed today, as well. Hopefully, it means good news ahead.

Mine also changed. I Interviewed 11/18. Is there reason to believe this is good? Bad?

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine changed, too. I interviewed early October. Good luck everyone! :):xf:

Any speculation as to when the next round of interviews might be sent out?

Any speculation as to when the next round of interviews might be sent out?

Well I was told by a connection at VCU SoD that I should keep my eyes open the first week of November but I didn't hear anything that week. I talked to them again and they said by mid-December I should expect something but we'll see :\

accepted! Make sure to check mobile portal because the regular portal still has not changed for me!

My status changed to "Offer Made" as well!

Accepted via Aadsas update! I really do love VCU.

Congrats everyone, can't wait to meet you in Richmond!

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted via AADSAS mobile! Loved this school and most importantly the people, but I can't say no to my state school. Congrats all!!

Offer made (AADSAS portal), will accept. Congrats everyone!!

Congratulations to everyone joining the class of 2019!! You're in for a tough, but fun ride! Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
Received my call/email a couple of hours ago!!! Very excited! Congratulations to everyone!

First off, congratulations to everyone!!!

Is today the only day this week they send out acceptances?

Got an acceptance email / AADSAS update!

I'm going to build myself a few spreadsheets to compare costs at other schools, but I'm assuming the VA resident tuition is the best deal I'll get anywhere. Gotta minimize that debt.

did everyone who get a phone call get a scholarship or were those randomly given out?

Do any of you know if any of the in-staters who are accepted have received any sort of scholarship?

Last edited:
Most of the larger scholarships go to OOS students to combat high tuition costs. Instate scholarships won't go out for a few months and are much more rare.
Thank you. :) Even if rare, I'm surprised that anything would be offered to anyone in a few months when the student would have already agreed to pay the regular tuition. I wonder what the incentive would be for any school to offer anything after a student has committed?

Congrats to all who have gotten in!! I am a current D1, so let me know if you have any questions. You can post here or direct message me. Also be sure to join the FB page ;). And to the rest, don't worry VCU fills about half of their class after December!

Congrats to all who have gotten in!! I am a current D1, so let me know if you have any questions. You can post here or direct message me. Also be sure to join the FB page ;). And to the rest, don't worry VCU fills about half of their class after December!
Hey so excited to join you next year! Which fb group are you talking about? Could you include a link?

Keepin my fingers crossed for an interview invite soon...

Last edited:
did everyone who get a phone call get a scholarship or were those randomly given out?
Do any of you know if any of the in-staters who are accepted have received any sort of scholarship?
Most of the larger scholarships go to OOS students to combat high tuition costs. Instate scholarships won't go out for a few months and are much more rare.

I am in state and was offered a scholarship.....totally was not expecting it but super grateful for it!

Reactions: 2 users
In-state scholarships are available at admission. It amounts to something in the 5 digit range and is dispersed over the course of 4 years. An out-of-state scholarship can be significant enough to make tuition comparable to that of in-state tuition.

In-state scholarships are available at admission. It amounts to something in the 5 digit range and is dispersed over the course of 4 years. An out-of-state scholarship can be significant enough to make tuition comparable to that of in-state tuition.
does that mean that if we were accepted on Dec. 1 and still haven't received an in state scholarship, then we probably aren't getting any aid?