The Official VCU Dental Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread

I got an acceptance late last night as well. I'm OOS and interviewed pre december.
For those who got accepted, did they go over the current state of the class during your interview? Just wondering if I will get an invite, I guess I missed last batch :/ When I interviewed at Tufts it was nice that they were very forward about how many interviews they gave and how many people were accepted.

Members don't see this ad.

May I ask what are your stats and residency status?

No problem! :)

Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/8
Application complete date: 8/15
GPA (science, overall) 3.67, 3.56
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/23/18/20/ No

Really hoping I get in here :)

No problem! :)

AADSAS mail-out date: 8/8
Application complete date: 8/15
GPA (science, overall) 3.67, 3.56
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/23/18/20/ No

Really hoping I get in here :)
haha you should be fine! Those are some stellar stats. Makes me wonder if I will even get an interview.
Since you shared:
AADSAS mail-out-date: 6/10
GPA (Science, Overall): 3.21, 3.33
DAT 6/30 (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any below 17): 16/16/18/21/ yes GC 14, Bio 15, and QR 15
DAT 10/28 (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any below 17): 19/18/20/21/ yes QR 16 (My GC was 20 so +6 :soexcited:)

I was a health and human sciences major. Biggest regret was not starting college knowing I wanted to be a dentist and with the work ethic like I had on my second DAT.

I have a ton of leadership positions, volunteering hours, and work experiences. I think that is why I got accepted to Tufts was for all of my volunteer and medical mission stuff. I just hope I might have a shot a VCU since its so much closer to home. I live in Mechanicsville, about 12-15 minutes north of Richmond.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys,
is anyone interviewing on 2/2 Monday???

Reactions: 1 user
Got an acceptance email yesterday. OOS and interviewed pre-dec. Still debating but will most likely turn down

haha you should be fine! Those are some stellar stats. Makes me wonder if I will even get an interview.
Since you shared:
AADSAS mail-out-date: 6/10
GPA (Science, Overall): 3.21, 3.33
DAT 6/30 (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any below 17): 16/16/18/21/ yes GC 14, Bio 15, and QR 15
DAT 10/28 (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any below 17): 19/18/20/21/ yes QR 16 (My GC was 20 so +6 :soexcited:)

I was a health and human sciences major. Biggest regret was not starting college knowing I wanted to be a dentist and with the work ethic like I had on my second DAT.

I have a ton of leadership positions, volunteering hours, and work experiences. I think that is why I got accepted to Tufts was for all of my volunteer and medical mission stuff. I just hope I might have a shot a VCU since its so much closer to home. I live in Mechanicsville, about 12-15 minutes north of Richmond.

Yea I can totally understand how convenient VCU would be :) Your second DAT scores are great and it can totally be seen that you definitely put much effort into it.
Unfortunately I don't have that many leadership positions and all. I did my first 2 years in community college which kind of worked as a set back since I had no clue about the preparation that goes into applying for dental school. And when I found out, I had to focus more on getting my DAT and shadowing hours.

My interview is on the 24th of Feb. So maybe they might have a couple more interview dates lined up. They didn't however give me an option to choose. Hopefully things work out for both of us :)

Yea I can totally understand how convenient VCU would be :) Your second DAT scores are great and it can totally be seen that you definitely put much effort into it.
Unfortunately I don't have that many leadership positions and all. I did my first 2 years in community college which kind of worked as a set back since I had no clue about the preparation that goes into applying for dental school. And when I found out, I had to focus more on getting my DAT and shadowing hours.

My interview is on the 24th of Feb. So maybe they might have a couple more interview dates lined up. They didn't however give me an option to choose. Hopefully things work out for both of us :)
Oh wow, the 24th?! That makes me even more scared because I know for certain that they don't interview past February! haha. Well hopefully I will get contacted soon... I know they sent out a batch of invites on Monday based on everyone at SDN, but I am wondering when the next one will be... Next monday I assume? I hope so!

Interview invite this morning- oos. Will be declining. Good luck to yall!

Can any of you please that already have been interviewed here share how the interview process is ? My interview is on 2/2 .... Thanks

Last edited:
Can any of you please that already have been interviewed here share how the interview process is ? My interview is on 2/2 .... Thanks

It is a long day but very professional and informative! The interviews are nice! Nothing tricky about them...just asking questions about you! I didn't have any questions that I couldn't answer! Just go in and be yourself!
Good luck! It is a beautiful school and the people are so nice! Have fun!!

Portal changed from 'app received, 3 LORs, etc' to just 'app complete' on 1/29. Oooh, make my life, VCU! Super super crossing my fingers for an interview invite.

Members don't see this ad :)
jeez, are they still giving out interviews or are we done? give up already?

jeez, are they still giving out interviews or are we done? give up already?

Until end of February apparently. I'm still waiting as well :\

Until end of February apparently. I'm still waiting as well :\

Feel ya, I have heard from 5 schools, but my in-state school VCU, not a peep! What the hell did I do wrong!

Portal changed from 'app received, 3 LORs, etc' to just 'app complete' on 1/29. Oooh, make my life, VCU! Super super crossing my fingers for an interview invite.

don't get too excited :D

are they still inviting more people? I want one so bad... im in-state

I am wondering the same thing..

I give up m@n..

My friend got an interview invite this past Friday.

My friend got an interview invite this past Friday.

way to rub it man.

j/k lol

I just hope some other school will just call me. Then who know, VCU might magically want me then haha

Mine is on the 24th too! I think this is their last interview of the spring! See you there. :)

I'm still so upset about VCU. The silence is killing me. Anyone know if all of their interview spots are filled?

I'm still so upset about VCU. The silence is killing me. Anyone know if all of their interview spots are filled?
I'm in the same boat. I haven't heard a thing except that my application was being reviewed.

My app was updated to "Received/Application Complete" this morning. It seems like this leads to an interview invite for some, while it amounts to nothing for others. Keeping my fingers crossed

My app was updated to "Received/Application Complete" this morning. It seems like this leads to an interview invite for some, while it amounts to nothing for others. Keeping my fingers crossed

Same lol

Does anyone know how many people VCU invites for interview?? If you get invited for an interview, do you have a good chance of getting in?

Ha me too. "It seems" according to what? Thought I was dead in the water here def intrigued now

I've had the same status since late November, I don't think it means much :\

Sorry I started that speculation train..

Does anyone know how many people VCU invites for interview?? If you get invited for an interview, do you have a good chance of getting in?

No idea how many people they interview, but a current student told me if you get invited for an interview, you have a 70% chance of getting in. Basically, they approved of your academic record and now just need to make sure you're a good fit for the school.

It's mid-February, I really don't know what else to think at this point if the last day of interviews is February 24th.

It's mid-February, I really don't know what else to think at this point if the last day of interviews is February 24th.

Well, they have d5 offers to make latrr in the cycle as well, so.......

Well, they have d5 offers to make latrr in the cycle as well, so.......

for D.5 offer, do they interview an applicant as well? Do you know how many people get offered for D.5?

for D.5 offer, do they interview an applicant as well? Do you know how many people get offered for D.5?

yeah, you have to have interviewed to be listed for D5 seats.
I think it's about 10 seats total.

I'd much rather take that than to take a chance and not get accepted this and next year.

So basically there is no more hope at this point (as we enter the third week of February) for those who have not yet interviewed?

So basically there is no more hope at this point (as we enter the third week of February) for those who have not yet interviewed?

there maybe be some chance, but it decreases day by day!

has anyone who has interviewed at this school hear anything recently?

With my acceptance, it told me I needed to notify/pay the deposit by February 25th. Perhaps more acceptances will come out after this date.

what was the exact date of your acceptance? last day of interviews is 24th so makes sense the 25th. thank you

Accepted Jan. 27th. I interviewed back in November.

There should be an opening for an interview on Feb 24th for those of you who are curious. I was scheduled that day, but decided not to go. Hopefully one of you will hear from them soon!

My deposit is also due on the 25th, so I agree with the speculation that after that they'll send out (the last?) round of acceptances. And they 'll have some fresh pickins since (per this thread) they're interviewing up to the day before that.

feb 25th deposit due date same for most schools ?

feb 25th deposit due date same for most schools ?
Honestly I thought it very odd that they didn't just wait till February 1st to accept me so they'd only have to give me till February 16th. So no clue, really.

Tough choice but officially withdrew my acceptance today OOS. Good luck to those waiting

Reactions: 2 users