The Republic of Texas X: You do NOT have multiple offers from schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What's wrong with eating alpha particles? ^_~

Oh oh! Because of their charge and large mass, they are easily absorbed and can only travel a few centimeters, depositing their energy at once as opposed to a little at a time. So if you touch them, not so bad...your skin is a good barrier. But eating is a big no-no!!! (yes I'm sure that was a rhetorical question, but I'm like super bored right now...:D)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well first I was like WTF?? Then the smiley loaded and I saw the ;).

My LMU is still the day my app was verified and processed, 9/19, hasn't changed yet and the Validation date is still 000000 too.

My LMFU is 10/24. My A&M invite was on 10/23, don't know if that is responsible for the LMFU.

I know we have already deduced which schools will be heavily pre-match and which will rely on the match thanks to the freakishly obsessive hard work of my fellow SDNers, but do we have any idea as to whether most go out on the 15th? I know A&M will release their pre-matches in batches of 3 through out the pre-match period, but what about the others? I mean don't they give it 6 and a half weeks for a reason?

There's only one school that I might hear from on the 15th, but I still can't concentrate on work. I'm sitting here checking TMDSAS like every hour. I feel sick :barf:
I wonder how I'll concentrate on my A&M interview on the 15th. Can I ask my interviewer to let me use their computer to check my status? hehehe

I know we have already deduced which schools will be heavily pre-match and which will rely on the match thanks to the freakishly obsessive hard work of my fellow SDNers, but do we have any idea as to whether most go out on the 15th? I know A&M will release their pre-matches in batches of 3 through out the pre-match period, but what about the others? I mean don't they give it 6 and a half weeks for a reason?

Southwestern will have one large bolus on the 15th. As I understand, San Antonio will be mailing some letters on the 15th. If last year is any clue (and who knows if it is), UTMB and A&M will be doing the same.

Southwestern will have one large bolus on the 15th. As I understand, San Antonio will be mailing some letters on the 15th. If last year is any clue (and who knows if it is), UTMB and A&M will be doing the same.

I love how we all still say "Bolus."

Will we be able to check the TMDSAS website on Thursday to see if we have any acceptances or will schools only be corresponding with us through email/snail mail?

Members don't see this ad :)
uh oh :eek:

Flood of doctors to Texas overwhelms system

(11/12/07 - KTRK/HOUSTON) - We all know that Texas is a great place to live and work - and apparently doctors from all over the world are figuring that out, too. It's now becoming difficult for the state to keep up with the record-breaking numbers of physicians coming to Texas.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=local&id=5757233

Just finished my third biochem test (so glad he moved it to today instead of thursday). Whew, glad it's over. Now its time to start writing a paper that's due for Lit tomorrow and then on to studying for my advanced grammar test on friday. Hopefully this can keep me distracted from thinking about Thursday!

Tick tick tick. 1 day, 10 hours, and 4 minutes left.

I wonder if the TMDSAS site will crash on Thursday - considering all the traffic it will experience... Oh crap, did I say that out loud? What I meant to think was - I'm sure they've got that taken care of - I mean with all of us checking every 6 hours (mayeb even more often in some cases) it's probably one of the top visited sites ever.

I wonder if the TMDSAS site will crash on Thursday - considering all the traffic it will experience... Oh crap, did I say that out loud? What I meant to think was - I'm sure they've got that taken care of - I mean with all of us checking every 6 hours (mayeb even more often in some cases) it's probably one of the top visited sites ever.

I remember back when I was applying to UT Austin a few years ago, I knew the site would crash right before the deadline for scholarship apps. Figures that people are never wrong about the bad stuff. :rolleyes:

Speaking of... No changes to my LMFU or any other dates on my profile. Ugh... what does it all mean? [Must come up with new theory to appease my very impatient self]

Although its tough right now to wait until the deadline, I am loathing the time between 12:00 AM and when acceptances start rolling out. I could only hear from UTSW or UTH, but I will be online refreshing constantly until I see that other people have heard from them. Only then will I officially know whether or not I have received the Golden Ticket.

Damn this waiting.

Although its tough right now to wait until the deadline, I am loathing the time between 12:00 AM and when acceptances start rolling out. I could only hear from UTSW or UTH, but I will be online refreshing constantly until I see that other people have heard from them. Only then will I officially know whether or not I have received the Golden Ticket.

Damn this waiting.

May I suggest cryogenic stasis?

For all you Longhorns..the Aggies are coming!!
http://www.khou.com/topstories/stories/khou070904_ac_aggiemedschool.9ed66403.html

so is it going to be a waste of effort to stay up until midnight on Wednesday if I only interviewed at Tech and UTHSCSA? do those update online at midnight?

so is it going to be a waste of effort to stay up until midnight on Wednesday if I only interviewed at Tech and UTHSCSA? do those update online at midnight?

That's kinda what I'm thinking...A&M doesn't come until the morning and UTHSCSA is snail mail. I could stay up for UTH, but with so few offers it seems rather pointless. And I seriously doubt TMDSAS would update...I mean really, who are we kidding?! ;) Might as well sleep since I get up at 5:45...

That's kinda what I'm thinking...A&M doesn't come until the morning and UTHSCSA is snail mail. I could stay up for UTH, but with so few offers it seems rather pointless. And I seriously doubt TMDSAS would update...I mean really, who are we kidding?! ;) Might as well sleep since I get up at 5:45...
yeah I have to get up at 6:00. I guess I'll just go to bed and let the acceptance faeries do their thing while I'm asleep.

yeah I have to get up at 6:00. I guess I'll just go to bed and let the acceptance faeries do their thing while I'm asleep.

Plus seeing everyone getting flooded with acceptances will only make me upset and more nervous...

I was just planning on checking my email to see if i got an offer. Do yall know when the emails are being sent out--i interviewed at tech, a &m, and galvestion. thanks.

How many of y'all did this before Oct. 15th as well, even knowing there really wasnt a snowball's chance in hell of hearing back from them. I kept hoping they were going to bend the rules for me or there would be some sort of mistake.

also, if i were to check on the tmdsas website, do i just go to the "status of app and supporting docs" tab?

I was just planning on checking my email to see if i got an offer. Do yall know when the emails are being sent out--i interviewed at tech, a &m, and galvestion. thanks.

Why not call and see...they don't bite....hard.

Round Rock is not Austin. That's like saying Galveston is Houston!!

Yeah, that's want they WANT you to believe....inch by inch...lol. Besides, in ten years Round Rock will probably be part of downtown Austin.

Probably not, because there's about 4-5K applicants, and sites crash when the numbers get way higher than that (depending on the host and bandwidth settings).

Really? Of all sites, I do not check TMDSAS. We know, with absolute certainty, that we will hear news on 11/15, so what do you check for? I end up checking those sites that don't give you any clear information about when you will hear.

So to summarize.

UTSW - going to have a large amount of prematch offers, will be sent out by email at midnight or soon after.

UTH - same as UTSW?

UTMB - what do they do?

Why not call and see...they don't bite....hard.

I was just wondering if there was a general time when the emails are supposed to be sent out. It would be a little discouraging to check your email prematurely and have nothing in the inbox. Anyone have an idea when the emails are being sent out?

At my Tech interview, Linda Prado told us that emails will go out beginning at 8am.

Posting this again since it seems we have some lurkers :eek: asking questions as the 15th draws close ;) ...

November 15th information (what we know from last cycle and new info):
TCOM - people noticed their status page had been updated by 6 pm on 11/14
UTH - Sent emails starting at 12:08 am on 11/15 (only 10% prematch this year, so very few offers will go out)
UTMB - Sent a "fabulous" PowerPoint presentation featuring music from Rocky at 5 am on 11/15
A&M - Filo sent individual emails to people starting around 9 am on 11/15. Took all morning. (using 3 batches of offers during prematch to fill class)
UTHSCSA - of course, sent snail mail. They were postmarked 11/14, but few people received them on 11/15. Most came the 16th and 17th. (snail mail being sent on the 15th this year?)
UTSW - Sent emails, but apparently not until 11/16. (at the interview day this year they said they'll be going out the 15th)
TECH - Emails start at 8am.

So to summarize.

UTSW - going to have a large amount of prematch offers, will be sent out by email at midnight or soon after.

UTH - same as UTSW?

UTMB - what do they do?

Where did you get the info about UTSW giving them out shortly after midnight? Considering UTMB's wasn't till 5am last year and UTSW wasn't until the 16th, I wasn't planning on staying up since I didn't really see a point, so just wondering if this came from an adcom member?

i thought i read it somewhere here but i guess i was wrong.

oos utmb invites came out as early as 12:03 am on the 15th of october. I guess we can only hope for something similar tomorrow night

Where did you get the info about UTSW giving them out shortly after midnight? Considering UTMB's wasn't till 5am last year and UTSW wasn't until the 16th, I wasn't planning on staying up since I didn't really see a point, so just wondering if this came from an adcom member?

From an adcom member, UTSW said it was a bit late last year waiting until the 16th, but it's going to be the 15th this year. No idea what time frame though.

From an adcom member, UTSW said it was a bit late last year waiting until the 16th, but it's going to be the 15th this year. No idea what time frame though.

Hey, sorry I snapped at you on the other thread over there. :(