The Stand WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That's better than anything else we've got right now.
Lynch ksmi

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry I missed the last lynch- I'm moving today and don't have much time to check WW.

Anyway, I have reason to believe that SOV is on to something, so ****lynch ksmi*****

Nooo, I'm not a wolf. There are plenty of reasons people wouldn't be at their house! But since I'm obviously up for lynching I guess I'll role reveal. I'm The Kid, a chaos character, which we already knew. My role is a one-time kill ability with the caveat that I can't kill Randall Flagg, I guess because he was the alpha wolf. Both SOV and Chillbo can confirm that I told them this like within the first day of the game.

I chose to attempt a vigilante kill of HTML last night since I've been suspicious of him/her. I was told it failed, but not given a reason why. Having the kill fail is now even more suspicious to me. My best thought is that after DocE died, s/he became the next alpha wolf and is untouchable by my kill ability. That or protection from someone else, but it looks as though our protector is dead.

I know being a vigilante usually gets people lynched in this game but I thought it was worth the risk. Either way, there was no harm done since my kill didn't work. But I'm going to lynch html because of what went down.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nooo, I'm not a wolf. There are plenty of reasons people wouldn't be at their house! But since I'm obviously up for lynching I guess I'll role reveal. I'm The Kid, a chaos character, which we already knew. My role is a one-time kill ability with the caveat that I can't kill Randall Flagg, I guess because he was the alpha wolf. Both SOV and Chillbo can confirm that I told them this like within the first day of the game.

I chose to attempt a vigilante kill of HTML last night since I've been suspicious of him/her. I was told it failed, but not given a reason why. Having the kill fail is now even more suspicious to me. My best thought is that after DocE died, s/he became the next alpha wolf and is untouchable by my kill ability. That or protection from someone else, but it looks as though our protector is dead.

I know being a vigilante usually gets people lynched in this game but I thought it was worth the risk. Either way, there was no harm done since my kill didn't work. But I'm going to lynch html because of what went down.
I was not informed that I was protected or tried to get killed. It seems like you're trying to switch the focus off of yourself, which sure, everyone does so they don't get lynched, but this is an elaborate story.
Ps- I am a female :)

I was not informed that I was protected or tried to get killed. It seems like you're trying to switch the focus off of yourself, which sure, everyone does so they don't get lynched, but this is an elaborate story.
Ps- I am a female :)

I'm just telling y'all what happened and why I wasn't at home last night. Do with it what you will. I don't want to die, but I also don't have role abilities to offer the villager side now since I apparently used my kill ability up last night even though it didn't even work.

M-o-o-n, that spells "Well, we know who to go after next if Ksmi winds up being a straight-up chaos."

Lynch Kismet.

Who started the trend of a bajillion chaos characters, anyway? Do they have a win condition, usually?

Members don't see this ad :)
Stu and Larry contemplated the evidence that had been brought before them. It's was true - there were many reasons for someone to be away from their house at night. But the suspicions against ksmi, also known as The Kid, had been mounting, and this seemed to be the final nail in the coffin. Better to take action on the one good piece of information they had received for many days.
Rather than have The Kid brought before them, the last two committee members decided to go to him. They knocked on his door.
"Ksmi? We need to speak with you." Stu said.
There was no answer. Larry knocked again, yelled open up, and was in the verge of kicking the door down when he thought to try opening in first. It's was unlocked.
Very slowly, Stu and Larry entered ksmi's home. What they found was nothing short of shocking. It's seemed the citizens had gotten to ksmi before they could. The Kid was hanging from the rafters, with a sign stapled to his shirt. Larry read it aloud:
"NO MORE KILLERS IN THE FREE ZONE"

You have lynched ksmi, The Kid, who had a one time night kill ability. Affiliation TBA.

Night deadline is tentatively 8am EST

Hemingford Home
Abandoned :(

Ogunquit
Abandoned :(

Las Vegas
10. @brightimpressio
12. @nohika
13. @Ashgirl

Boulder
16. @Chillbo Baggins

Arnette
21. @Cyndia
22. @StartingoverVet

New York
14. @lhmhtd

The Morgue
26. Escalla
6. Mad Jack
24. allieh8607
5. @ksmi117

The Graveyard
23. kaydubs - Harold Lauder, ????
28. touchpause13 - Rita Blakemoor, villager
17. ResoluteMike - Leo Rockway, vilager
8. sayabear3 - Whitney Horgan, wolf
1. dyachei - General William Starkey
20. Flim Flam Man - Glen Bateman
4. DVMDream - Dayna Jurgens, villager
3. LetItSnow - Lloyd Henreid, wolf
27. DocEspana - Randall Flagg, wolf
2. devyn - Major Len Creighton, villager
11. swingnsave - Jenny Engstrom, ???
15. cocoacutie7472 - Lucy Swan
25. Frozenshades - Fran Goldsmith, villager
7. Gwenevre - Judge Farris
18. VetAshley2117 - Nadine Cross,???
19. O Grady - Julie Lawry,????

Last edited:
Wat.

Reactions: 1 user
Boo.
"Sussan Susan Susan... You're one of the last ones of the Boulder Free Zone Committee. How does it feel? Well, rather, how does it feel to be alone? To feel helpless? To feel like you have lost everything important to you?"

"I still have Larry and Stu..." she mutters quietly, while starting directly into the vast darkness found within the opening of the pistol.

The person chuckles to himself. "You know it's funny that you bring that up because...."

"What do you want? Or are you just here to torture me before you kill me?" Susan's voice was wavering but fierce.

The man takes a swig of whiskey. "Now, who says that I came over here to kill you. Isn't it possible that I came over here just to talk with you? I feel like I have been awfully reasonable up until this point, so I would appreciate it if you don't have another one of them outbursts."

Susan's voice drops to a whisper. "What do you want to talk about?"

"What do I want to talk about? Hmmmmm. Well, I could tell you how everything has gone exactly to plan thus far. I can explain to you how you guys foolishly took out Flagg to clear the path for me. I can tell you how Colorado is a dead man's land and how Vegas, which is now led by me, is booming. Or I can offer you a deal. We can stop all this violence, just come with us to Vegas."

"Us? Why would we join you in Vegas, you are all animals there?"

"Why? WHYYY?" He is screaming at her. "Because otherwise, you will all be annihilated. You will be extinct. Now, my sweet Susan." He takes two steps up to her, so he is right in her face. "Why don't you show me some good faith, since I am showing your people some good faith.

The person takes the pistol and slowly moves it towards her upper leg. All of a sudden, there is the sound of nails against the door. The person whirls around to determine the source of the noise. Susan seizes the moment and cracks her leg upwards, with her kick landing right below his belt. The person keels over. Susan sprints toward the door. Bang. A gun shot. Susan's sprint halts, and she falls to the ground, dead to this world.

Dead is Willowleaf, Susan Stern, who is given a LOW priority rating by the last two remaining member of the Bolder Free Zone Committee, and thus her true role may never be known...
I like that I got a kick in! :D

Reactions: 1 user
Ashgirl was sniffing around the Boulder Free Zone again. With Glen dead, she felt vulnerable, but she had to continue her work. She owed it to the people who had cared for her for so long.
As she approached her target's house, she felt the hairs standing up on her back. There was an unfamiliar sent in the air. She was being followed by someone she did not recognize. She stopped where she was and turned in the direction of the scent. There was a man standing there in ratty clothes, and he smelled awful.
"Hi there little doggie. What are you doing out here so late at night?"
Ashgirl raised her lips in a snarl and began to growl deep in her chest. She prepared to jump on the man who had helped murder her friends. She could not see the gun he was holding behind his back.
As she leapt at him, he fired the gun. He may have been insane, but he wasn't going to torture one of the last remaining dogs on the planet. Ashgirl's death was quick and painless compared to that of her companions.
Ashgirl aka Kojak, who could follow a player each night to see what they were up to, is dead.

There are 6 players in the game
Las Vegas
10. @brightimpressio
12. @nohika

Boulder
16. @Chillbo Baggins

Arnette
21. @Cyndia
22. @StartingoverVet

New York
14. @lhmhtd

Last edited:
I am pretty torn right now.

I have 3 suspicions.
1) I tried to light a fire on Chillbo's place last night and was told that "for some reason the fire wouldn't start". Now that is awfully suspicious to me. He said he is Rat Man and steals items, I don't see anything special that should make him immune to fire.

2) Nohika is the ONLY player to have no claimed role ability (and she hasn't disclosed a role name if she has one). That is awfully wolfy. She was one of the people that allie mentioned is a villager, but the lack of concern about being investigated makes me really wonder about some special wolf ability we don't know about. Then again, she had the same fire result as BI.

3) HTML was my #1 suspicion coming in. She was fingered by KSMI as escaping kill which if KSMI was a villager is damning, and if not, could still be a wolf trying to finger a wolf so we won't believe her (if you know what I mean). Plus Allie had the "noob" wolf suspicion, and ALlie trusted HTML and coincidentally wasn't finding wolves. My gut says to lynch HTML but I have the least evidence for her.

Only 2 of those could be right (or game would be over).

I don't want to feck this up. I will check back later and see if anyone has anything to add before deciding.

Just as an aid, this is the player list cyndia and I have been maintaining (the comments are mine).

Las Vegas
10. brightimpressio. Tom cullen - ABILITY UNKNOWN.
12. nohika, Claims no role. ISN'T THAT WOLFISH.
14. lhmhtd. Ralph Bretner, the voice of nick?

Boulder
16. @@Chillbo Baggins. Rat man, steals.

Arnette
21. @@Cyndia: larry underwood, PM ability
22. @@StartingoverVet trashcan man, fire ability

Well, I can see how I might look wolfy at this point, which really sucks because I am NOT a wolf. My character is Ralph Brentner and since Nick Andros can't or won't speak, I speak for him at meetings and such. At least that's what I've gathered from googling those two characters. It's admittedly nothing special, and I don't have any abilities other than that. You won't be losing an important player, just a villager.

I am not suspicious of BI, SOV, or Cyndia at this point.

Chillbo and Nohika seem the most suspicious, and even then, that's not saying much because of course the remaining wolf/wolves are trying to be as non-wolfy as possible right now.

Nohika, Chillbo- what say you?

Well, not much input....

I am going to go with
lynch chillbo

I don't understand his "fire" result, and something must be going on there. I have a sneaking suspicion he is less than a wolf, but more than a typical unaligned player in this game, but who knows.

The other thing about chillbo that sticks in my maw, is what has he been stealing? And what has he done with them?
I haven't seen an item, and have only heard about the books... has he been destroying them?

Guess I'll lynch nohika.

I'm going to hold off voting until any reports are posted, but I have to say I'm leaning towards voting nohika. Her lack of role is super suspicious, and especially with ash getting killed last night, I'm wondering if she said something about her role to one of her groupmates that got her killed.

After second-guessing himself multiple times, the coroner was able to determine that Escalla was in fact Barry Dorgan
400px-NewStand1E.jpg

You've all heard of the guy. One of Flagg's very own patrolmen. In light of that information, the coroner expected to find something interesting during the autopsy. But he found nothing. No abilities, no fur, no sharp pointed teeth. Turns out Escalla was just a vanilla villager.

The second report he worked on today was much more interesting. He was able to determine that Mad Jack was everyone's favorite old woman, Mother Abagail.
832f7_140612134632-09-ruby-dee-0612-restricted-horizontal-gallery.jpg

Everyone knew she was a prophet of sorts, though few really believed in her. But the coroner was able to determine that her powers were more than anyone could have imagined. His analysis of her brain revealed deep wisdom and knowledge beyond any other individual, living or dead. But he also knew that she had been unable to share all of her information with her companions. The reasons for this may never be known, but it was a rare occasion when she could shed some light on the mysteries surrounding the Boulder Free Zone. It need not even be stated that she was a villager, for she was the one who had brought them all together in the hope of fostering a peaceful transition back to civilized life.

Just as an aid, this is the player list cyndia and I have been maintaining (the comments are mine).

Las Vegas
10. brightimpressio. Tom cullen - ABILITY UNKNOWN.
12. nohika, Claims no role. ISN'T THAT WOLFISH.
14. lhmhtd. Ralph Bretner, the voice of nick?

Boulder
16. @@Chillbo Baggins. Rat man, steals.

Arnette
21. @@Cyndia: larry underwood, PM ability
22. @@StartingoverVet trashcan man, fire ability
M-o-o-n, that spells "how do you know I'm Tom Cullen? Also, an anonymous message I received last night stated that nohika is a villager. I'm ok with a Chillbo lynch, except for the fact that someone got an anonymous message a few nights ago said we were on the wrong track; we were going after Chillbo at the time. That being said, the anonymous messages could be misleading.

I'm torn between Chillbo and html."

M-o-o-n, that spells "********lynch Chillbo********. I'm getting really nervous about potential chaos win conditions. There are too many around right now."

M-o-o-n, that spells "how do you know I'm Tom Cullen? Also, an anonymous message I received last night stated that nohika is a villager. I'm ok with a Chillbo lynch, except for the fact that someone got an anonymous message a few nights ago said we were on the wrong track; we were going after Chillbo at the time. That being said, the anonymous messages could be misleading.

ResoluteMike told me ages ago that you were Tom Cullen, unless is that incorrect?

I also googled "The Stand M-o-o-n" and got your character name. Even an old guy like me knows how to google.

And I put zero faith in those anonymous messages now that MJ is dead. Have to assume they come from the wolves at this point. I just ignore them.

I also googled "The Stand M-o-o-n" and got your character name. Even an old guy like me knows how to google.

And I put zero faith in those anonymous messages now that MJ is dead. Have to assume they come from the wolves at this point. I just ignore them.
M-o-o-n, that spells "haha I figured as much but I just wanted to check ;). I have reason to believe that my anonymous messages may be pretty reliable. I don't think lynching Nohika is a good move right now. "

You have lynched Chillbo aka The Rat Man, who was known for stealing things from people's houses at night. His affiliation could not be determined.

Night deadline is 11pm EST (would prefer sooner)

You have lynched Chillbo aka The Rat Man, who was known for stealing things from people's houses at night. His affiliation could not be determined.

Night deadline is 11pm EST (would prefer sooner)
I just want to say the freaking morgue/medical examiners office is an embarrassment. I demand a full investigation of misconduct at the office where apparently no one ever does any freaking work.

Thanks for nothing to our SDN government. They couldn't find a corpus callosum if our lives depended on it... and they do.

:p

Reactions: 4 users
Oops. Sorry, been having a bad day so I haven't really been online.

I am Stu Redman, destined to lead in the Boulder Free Zone. I don't have a role ability.