The Stand WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Speaking of the coroner, he has another report for you guys. As you know, ksmi was the arrogant thug from Louisiana known only as The Kid.
It was immediately apparent that The Kid was very invested in his appearance. How he had managed to make himself look so tidy in his post-apocalyptic surroundings was a mystery to the coroner.
Analysis of The Kids brain tissue revealed deep psychological problems. He was quick to anger, and would fly off the handle at the pettiest of offences. The coroner determined that he probably had it in him to kill at least one person.
But that was not the most interesting thing about The Kid. Further analysis revealed to the coroner that while at some point in his life The Kid was an ambiguous character, at the time of his death he was most certainly a wolf. Who knows how long ago he had joined the ranks of Flagg's followers, or how many he had killed in that time.

Members don't see this ad.

M-o-o-n, that spells "da eff? Either we still have a wolf or we have to get the chaos characters now."

Members don't see this ad :)
BI aka Tom Cullen, who could receive messages from the dead, is now also dead

How sad. There are 4 players in the game :eek: Time for lynching! Deadline will be 7pm EST unless all votes are in by noon, in which case I will close it then.

M-o-o-n, that spells "boom, hiss."

Reactions: 1 user
Uhhhhh. Ok then.

Interesting.. So SOV is the only chaos left, but he gave us ksmi very recently enough which he didn't need to do, so I still trust him since he probably isn't a convert. I also doubt he has a separate win condition, the chaos players probably would have tried harder to keep each other alive if that was the case. And with bi dying a villager, I'm hoping that means her intuition on trusting the message from the dead claiming nohika is a villager is true. So that leaves just html... I want to hear if SOV had any interesting night results, but otherwise I'm probably voting html.

Good Morning.

My thinking on trying BI again was if she was clear, I could probably trust BI and learn more why she believed her anonymous message. I was/am a skeptic, but I am just going to trust that she had some reason to think it was believable. Just wish she had told us.

That leaves Cyndia and HTML. I have trusted Cyndia all game. I have played with her before where she betrayed me as a wolf at the end after working together (can't recall the game off the top of my head), and I do remember her becoming cagier towards the end and I do not see that this time. If she has played me again......:mad:

So that leaves HTML. She was my "gut" choice yesterday.

lynch HTML

I am going to try to re-read the whole thread and see if I learn something new. HTML, did you have some way to communicate with Allie? She seemed to imply as much...

Last edited:
I did not communicate with Allie directly, but I received several anonymous messages all game.
I still don't know who they were from.

Kmsi tried shifting the suspicion onto me before she was lynched and we now know she was a wolf. So it should be obvious that she was lying.
I was upfront with my role as soon as it was under question who I was.
I stand by it still- I haven't been converted And I'm still just Ralph Brentner. I am useless with Nick Andros dead, since all I could do was speak for him, but I am still a villager.

I'm gonna go with lynch Nohika

Ksmi fingering you as a wolf at the last minute could be a wolfy move (if she survived and you came out as a wolf it would "clear" her). So that doesn't make me think you're any less suspicious. I'm going to go ahead and ****lynch html*****

Ugh. Well the villagers are going to lose this one then.

I did not communicate with Allie directly, but I received several anonymous messages all game.
I still don't know who they were from.

I stand by it still- I haven't been converted And I'm still just Ralph Brentner. I am useless with Nick Andros dead, since all I could do was speak for him, but I am still a villager.

Want to clarify your role further - how exactly could you 'speak for Nick Andros' when you weren't able to communicate directly with allie? What were the anon messages you received? I thought they were from allie, so why don't you know who they were from?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was also confused by that, I never knew who my messages were from. I'm assuming whomever it was is dead bc the messages have stopped. They all just said anonymous. ?

I was also confused by that, I never knew who my messages were from. I'm assuming whomever it was is dead bc the messages have stopped. They all just said anonymous. ?

Can you post the content of the messages?

Also you never elaborated - what exactly did your role ability entail???

Okay.. gonna check in again in about an hour but that's it for me today, its my last evening in London and spending it with the SO as soon as he's home from work. @lhmhtd if you are actually a villager, you'd better speak up asap and clarify more or I'm sticking with my vote.

1. You are Ralph Brentner, Midwest farmer and Army veteran. You’re really nothing special, but you are an important addition to the committee, as you serve as Nick’s “voice” during meetings. You have no active night actions, but you are still important to this game.

I finished going through the thread.. and here are my observations.. not sure they help too much.

* There were 4 no kill nights. They all occurred before Day 10 when DocE was lynched. I think this was a no-kill on conversion night, which means we are looking for an original or more likely a conversion from night 9 or earlier. I can't see that many lucky protection/blocks early in the game and none later.

* Escalla was revealed by the coroner as a plain vanilla villager it seems (not 100% stated but it seems to imply it). That would make it more believable that Nohika's plain vanilla role is correct.

* I am still struck by how brazen the wolves were. They didn't kill Allie, they left the tracker around a long time etc. Not sure what to make of that.

* there were an awful lot of PM connections and anonymous message connections. Somehow I feel like ONE of them had to be a trick. But that could be in the past.

Really nothing to make me feel much better about my vote or to change it.

Gotta go out now. I am sure I will be back before Nohika though.

The last message I got said "keep the 'm-o-o-n that says' man but don't tell anyone."

I am packing up the Uhaul all day, so I'm not going to be as attentive as usual.

Another win for the wolves.

Err, at least, I thought that's what he posted earlier on the thread. I think he's edited his post now.. It originally said something about how he tried to set fire to BI and it said he couldn't get near the house since the Boulder Free Committee was investigating it (ostensibly since she was killed).

Unlynch nohika,
Lynch SOV

Is there any chance he's working today?? :D
Since I'm at work and this is a rather important lynch, I'll give you a brief report on allie - she was Nick Andros, villager, could investigate one player each night to determine role, affiliation, and ability, but could not PM with anyone, living or dead.

Interesting.

Right, I'm out to take my newbie to coffee and won't be back for a couple hours.

lynch SOV

Seriously guys. There was a mess up with results and mods told me to edit my post.

I switched to bi to clear 2 people. Mods reported to nohika and asked me to edit.

Cmon. How could this be wolfy. There is no other explanation that would make sense.

Think abput it for a second. I will be home shoetly if need be.

Home!

I promise you I am not the wolf, I am chaos. Lynching me is handing the game to the wolves. Game over.
Please think about how I have played this entire game. I can't see how anyone could honestly think I am a wolf.

I dunno what else to say to convince you guys I'm a villager :(
I haven't been messaging with anyone, just receiving messages. I don't have anything to share.

As a note this will be closing out at 7 and we are currently at a tie, which I am perfectly happy with :D

Don't lynch me and hand this to the wolves! I'm telling you..

tumblr_inline_mywbv1j9bM1s2m7xu.gif

Reactions: 2 users
The two accused stood before Larry and Stu. It seemed the remaining citizens of the Boulder Free Zone could not decide between them. Larry himself, aka Cyndia, had cast the tying vote. Suddenly Stu turned to Larry.
" Why would you make a tie? Did you think we would kill both of them? "
" What are you talking about? I requested that someone break the tie. I didn't want it to end like this. "
The citizens began to grow restless. They wanted to see justice served, and it seemed they would soon not care who it was served on.
"Just get it over with!" they shouted, "kill all three!"
"No, " Stu said. "I know who needs to be punished here. The man who tied the vote, sure that we would kill both of the accused, allowing him to take control of our community."
Larry, a look of deep confusion on his face, took a step back from Stu.
"Stu, what are you doing? "
" I'm putting an end to this. "
Stu raised his pistol and fired three shots into Larry's chest.
As Larry died, a voice rose from the Earth, and it said "You're all idiots."

Cyndia, aka the villager Larry Underwood, is dead.

Out in the crowd, the sound of laughter could be heard among the screams. It grew louder as a man with charred skin and clothes pushed his way to the front. He lit matches and dropped them at the feet of the people around him as he made his way towards Stu. The last surviving committee member was too stunned by what he had just done to notice SOV, aka Trashcan Man coming towards him.
" Hehehe. Oh it was too easy! You almost had me there you know. For just a moment. "
SOV took the gun from Stu's outstretched hand and waved it in his face.
" Look at you! You killed your best friend! And now... I get to see this whole place go up in flames. "
SOV shot Stu, aka Nohika, in the stomach and dropped a match on him when he's fell to the ground. His screams filled the air, but still SOV's laughter could be heard.

Nohika, who was Stu Redman, and would have gained much from being elected mayor, is dead.

SOV had one more person to get rid of before he could take control of the Boulder Free Zone. HTML, Ralph Brentner, was still out there. But he was powerless now, and SOV was the most powerful man in the world.
He found HTML hiding under his bed, ashamed that he had not been able to save his friends from their doom and fearing for his own life. He begged for SOV to spare him, but SOV was insane, and his mind was not to be changed. He doused the sniveling form in gasoline and set his most beautiful fire yet.
SOV laughed as HTML burned, and said to the dying man, " When I am through here, the only things that remains will be these gorgeous flames!"

HTML, who was Ralph Brentner, is dead.

With no one left to stop him, SOV, the crazed pyromaniac Trashcan Man, set fire to the world.

WOLVES WIN!