The under 20 AA DAT club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The cycle is pretty much over for me.. so final update:

19AA
10 interviews, went to 8/10
4 acceptances (NYU,UB,LECOM,PENN)
Rejected by Umich
Waitlisted/Alternate: CaseWestern, Western, UNLV

Have hope guys! Gluck!

Members don't see this ad.

19AA, 18 TS, 17 PAT
3.42 GPA, 3.36 science GPA
Masters in Biochemistry

Accepted at UNE, waiting to hear from Temple.

You can do it guys, don't give up!!!

18 AA 18 TS 19 PAT
Applied to 8 schools
Interviews (UMKC, ASDOH, Midwestern, Roseman)
Accepted (Midwestern, UMKC)

Members don't see this ad :)
QR: 24
Chem: 18
Orgo: 18
Bio: 16
Science: 17
PAT:19
Reading: 19

19/19 overall

Denied at:
UCONN, UMDNJ, BUFFALO

Waitlisted:
NYU

Awaiting Decision:
Stony Brook

Accepted:
UNE

18 AA, 18 TS, 3.47 Sci GPA

Accepted UMKC, ASDOH, Midwestern

Last edited:
I applied to three schools and recieved two interviews. I was accepted to UF today :) 19AA and 17TS

Members don't see this ad :)
No. I am a Florida resident though. I applied to UF, Nova, and LECOM. I was waitlisted at Lecom and I haven't heard anything from Nova

It took me two application cycles but I was recently accepted off the waiting list at UAB. I was also on the waiting list at Kentucky. I was rejected w/o an interview at LECOM, Louisville, and Georgia. I am an Alabama resident. My GPA was a 3.53 from a small, private institution in Northwest Tennessee and my DAT scores were 19 AA, 19 TS, and 19 PA.

Good luck to all this coming cycle. Maintain your faith. You never know when you may get a call. In my case, it was MAY!

How much did that end up costing you? about $4000?

Everyone isn't able!! A lot of you are truly blessed to be able to apply to 12, 20...51 schools!!:scared: WOW! I don't have the money. I pray I get accepted at one of the 3 schools I apply to with my average stats.

Everyone isn't able!! A lot of you are truly blessed to be able to apply to 12, 20...51 schools!!:scared: WOW! I don't have the money. I pray I get accepted at one of the 3 schools I apply to with my average stats.

I'm rooting for you :)

Really encouraging to read this thread!

I posted this is the average support thread as well, but 18/19/23 and 2 interview this cycle already. First batch. I don't want to give myself false hope. So when I get a acceptance that's when we can celebrate

I agree! This is an encouraging thread! I applied to 15 schools, 2nd batch, and hoping for an interview invite soon....:xf:

AA 19 TS 18 PA 21
oGPA 3.1
sGPA 3.4

Got my first invite today to midwestern-AZ. AA 19 TS 19 PAT 20 oGPA 3.68 sGPA 3.52. Also I'm a no degree planned applicant.

Congrats tbond5! So far it seems like people with high DAT scores are getting interview invites, it's exciting to see invites being send out to applicants with average stats. I have slightly lower DAT and slightly higher GPA, but no interviews yet:(

SDNers generally have higher DAT score and GPAs. I dunno why I was asked to be interviewed at midwestern but they must see something ,to give me the interview before others with higher stats.

SDNers generally have higher DAT score and GPAs. I dunno why I was asked to be interviewed at midwestern but they must see something ,to give me the interview before others with higher stats.

I'm feeling pretty confident that they aren't just going off stats. The reject and maybe pool is stacking fast with all sorts of stats. FYI, not that it's something you'd mention, but captain admissions (50% chance he will interview you) doesn't have a bachelor's degree either. At this point, that won't play a factor in your acceptance. He's seems to pick some solid classes. Magic touch or something. So whatever he's (they) spotting, they saw beyond stats and the degree. Not that your stats are dismal or anything.

I'm feeling pretty confident that they aren't just going off stats. The reject and maybe pool is stacking fast with all sorts of stats. FYI, not that it's something you'd mention, but captain admissions (50% chance he will interview you) doesn't have a bachelor's degree either. At this point, that won't play a factor in your acceptance. He's seems to pick some solid classes. Magic touch or something. So whatever he's (they) spotting, they saw beyond stats and the degree. Not that your stats are dismal or anything.

Sweet deal. That gives me a lot of hope because this could be my only interview and I'd like to ace it.

so has anyone gotten a call yet? under 20 AA?

19 AA
Five interviews
Four OOS
One In State

I don't know what I did. I honestly just want to go in state but I don't think I can give up the interviews.

UMKC, Case Western, Midwestern, Louisville, and University of Kentucky

18AA/19/TS/20PAT
got my first interview at UDM, my dream school :)

18/18
Applied to 6 schools
Interviews at UTHSC, UK and UofLouisville so far.

3.05/3.19 (3.6+ for the past 2.5 years including 3.71 all science post-bacc)

3.05/3.19 (3.6+ for the past 2.5 years including 3.71 all science post-bacc)

Awesome... If you don't mind me asking so how long was your post bac? what sciences did you take? where? And did all this get done within 2.5 years or does the 2.5 years also include a masters? Thank you for your insight

2.5 years includes my senior year of undergrad. After graduation I starred an informal post bacc because I hadn't take the pre-requisites. Summer Chem 1&2. Fall: Bio1, Orgo1, and A&P1. Spring: Bio2, Orgo2, and Phys1. Summer: Phys2. Currently taking Biochem, Genetics and Microbiology. If accepted on December 2nd I will not be continuing my post bacc coursework after this semester.

with a slightly above average gpa and a 22AA, what do you think is the lowest acceptable PAT score? thx :thumbup: :)

with a slightly above average gpa and a 22AA, what do you think is the lowest acceptable PAT score? thx :thumbup: :)

What's your pat? Lol I would say a 16 and lower are no bueno. Maybe 17. Although 22 is solid so maybe just 16.