The Under 3.0 Club part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bump again!

Members don't see this ad.

Besides grades, I think it's also important to study individual schools thoroughly, especially those you're interested in applying for. Some schools may drop your worst year, some may place more emphasis on interview, some may look at extra-curricular activities, some may ask for an additional autobiography..... You don't want to miss out anything favourable to you. I'm not sure how US schools work....there are so many...... Anyway, just something to think about. To research or not to research...I guess it's all upto you, eh? (Sorry, I have to cover up my laziness by giving you more work. :p )

Do you people think it will be a good idea to do some dental shadowing with your dentist? First, it may give you something to talk about during the interview when the opportunity arises. It shows your determination??? Second, your dentist may tell you something worthwhile about dental admissions or even write a reference letter for you. Third, you may learn some dental stuff if your dentist is willing to teach you and ask you to assist; if so, you'll be ahead of everyone else in your class once you get accepted. All these sound attractive to you?? Agree? No? Maybe? Too lazy to think, like me? :p

Bigwand,
some schools require proof that you did shadow.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ahh...I see. Now I know.

None of the Canadian dental schools has that requirement. And, most of them don't ask you about anything related to dentistry at all during the interview, unless you somehow squeeze it in somewhere at the end of the interview perhaps.

Applying this summer low GPA of 2.9 with
DAT score of 19/17 PAT wanted to goto NYU or Jersey ???
:confused: Help

Teefdoctor said:
Okay, Im under 3.0... a 5th year student. My gpa is around 2.9 and 2.7 AADSAS gpa... Had a Fail and couple D's with multiple Withdrawals my sophomore, junior, and senior year. Got placed in Academic Probation three times my junior and senior year. I was gonna give up Dental altogether and go play poker for a living (weekly income of $1000)... But got an acceptance letter from NYU dental 2 weeks ago. My DAT score is 23, 20+s across..
Maybe my crappy gpa and decent DAT triggered their curiosity.. i did pretty ok in the interview... i was really honest with everything..

Don't BS in the interview.. like act like u kno alot about dentistry... cuz honestly, they don't care.. they wanna see what you are.. not what you did.

Everybody has hope.:hardy:

Congratz! :clap:

another success story.

as you can see, it is not the end of the world that your gpa is below 3. you can see afew stories on this thread and hope many more will come.

good luck to all my fellow under 3's!!!!!!!!!

Well I guess its soon to be my time to start the 2005 application cycle. After submitting my application, main goal for my summer: Score 20's on the DAT. How did you fellow under 3.0 members study and do well on the DAT? I plan on using Kaplan Blue Book, Topscore, EK 1001 for Orgo and Gen Chem, Barrons for PAT and Quantitative Reasoning. Thanks all.

Anybody with a 2.9 and 19 on the DAT get in anywhere or the tri-state area????? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Bumping the thread.

Dear Under 3.0 Club members:

As the founder of this club, I thought right about now would be a good time to do a check-in! First on our agenda is to find out how many of you exactly have been accepted to a US dental school this past application cycle (2003)? I know PEFERCT3434 is one, are there any others? If you were accepted with both of your cumulative and science GPA below a 3.0, then please share with us your story and what YOU think that got you the acceptance.

Secondly, I know there are still many of you out there lurking that are afraid of posting due to your low number or are intimated by numbers of SDN members, but I'm here to say, there are many many resources on SDN, if you never post/ask your question, then it is your lost because there are a lot of great advices on here.

Last, but not least, our annual membership dues have increased from $0 to $45! Please make your check payable to:

The Under 3.0 Foundation
P.O.Box 32
DMD, MD 06969

Hope all is well,

Andy
Club CEO/Founder

:laugh:

Yah-E said:
Last, but not least, our annual membership dues have increased from $0 to $45! Please make your check payable to:

I see how it is. I'm dropping out.... :rolleyes:

:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone get in to dental school with sub 3.0 without going to post grad programs??????

NYU acceptance letter today for another under 3 cluber. Good luck everyone, it is doable.

There are a lot of people who have been accepted from the 3.0 and under club Yah-E. Here are a few which I was able to find from a previous post entitled ?Who got in 3.0 under club? and another tread entitled 3.0> acceptances.

Yah-E

As the Club CEO, I guess I'll start:

Then:
Undergrad Cumulative GPA: 2.4
Post-Bac: 3.3
1st DAT: 17/24 (AA/PAT)
2nd DAT: 20/23 (AA/PAT)
Accepted to: NYU, Temple and Nova

Now:
Attend: Nova
Dental Cumulative GPA: 3.54
NBDE Part 1: 90

Perfect3435

Undergrad Cumulative GPA: 2.96
BCP GPA: 2.88
SCI GPA: 2.90
NON SCI GPA: 3.08
1st DAT: 19/18/21 (AA/PAT/sci)

Accepted to and will attend: IUSD

LITTLED

I think I'm only half of the under 3.0 club....
Overall gpa 3.0
science 2.9
dat aa/pat/sci 21/16/20

I'm in at tufts and case, waitlisted at nova and upitt, still haven't heard back from Uof maryland and temple (hmmmm)
I declined interviews at 3 other schools
Does this help?
There's always hope!
I'd rather have my 3.0 and some great school memories and stories than a 4.0 and regret missing out while I was in college....

woodbj2

17/19/15
2.7 science
3.0 cum
double major biology, chemistry

Sell the person not the packet!

Accepted
Maryland

jjdaddy

Undergrad Cumulative GPA: 2.87
BCP GPA: 3.36
SCI GPA: 2.73
NON SCI GPA: 3.30
1st DAT: 24/22/22 (AA/PAT/sci)

Accepted to and will attend: Loma Linda

Thaxil

Overall 2.7
Sci 2.9
Non-sci 2.4
BCP 3.3

DAT: TS/AA/PAT 24/21/19

Schools really look at the last few years of college. I screwed up royally the first year with 4-5 failing grades. I do not know why I was not kickout of school.

Accepted and will attend UDM

Sorry I can not access the other tread because it is too old and seems to have be erased but there was two other people I know of. On is thomasratkin who was very successful; he was accepted to two or more schools. He stated that he will attend UNLV. :)

My good 'O friends whom all had a low cumulative GPA that had gotten accepted to dental schools:

Smile_doctor: @ Univ. Maryland
Rhea: @ NYU
Fourpointohoh: @ Univ. Pitt
Voozhead: @ Univ. Florida
Rovert: @ Univ. Maryland
Qbert: @ Tufts

Many others I'm sure!

Club Motto: "You want it, you work for it, you'll get it!"

Keep up the great work everyone! :thumbup:

Is any other member of the under 3.0 club applying this cycle? I've already started getting all my LOR's and forms ready. Good luck to all of us!

I have a question that may be pertinent:

Crappy undergrad gpa
Graduating 2004
Planning on doing a year of post bac (masters)
Applying for the '05 entering cycle

Now applying to this cycle, do the post bac grades even play some role in the application i.e. do they ask for first semester grades....second semester grades? Im confused

basically
if you did post bac, in the year between your undergrad graduating yr and the next cycle AND apply while doing the post bac

thx
-Niral
hope that isn't too confusing....if it is, let me know and I'll try to reword it

I am looking for a little advice from my <3.0 brethren. I am in the process of bringing my science GPA up ... my overall GPA is a 3.2 (I have a BS in marketing) ... but my science GPA is about a 2.5. I am scheduled for a full load of classes this summer and for the fall, which could very realistically raise my science GPA up to a 3.0 ... even a 3.1ish if I rock all A's. (PS. I just finished spring semester with 16 hours of science classes - 4.0).

My question is this ... should I wait and apply for the 2005 cycle after the fall semester grades are in or should I wait and apply for the 2006 cycle? December seems to be late in the game, but I don't want to be an auto-decline with my current stinky sci GPA.

msummar_smc said:
I am looking for a little advice from my <3.0 brethren. I am in the process of bringing my science GPA up ... my overall GPA is a 3.2 (I have a BS in marketing) ... but my science GPA is about a 2.5. I am scheduled for a full load of classes this summer and for the fall, which could very realistically raise my science GPA up to a 3.0 ... even a 3.1ish if I rock all A's. (PS. I just finished spring semester with 16 hours of science classes - 4.0).

My question is this ... should I wait and apply for the 2005 cycle after the fall semester grades are in or should I wait and apply for the 2006 cycle? December seems to be late in the game, but I don't want to be an auto-decline with my current stinky sci GPA.
I assume you'll only be applying to schools like NYU with your stats. I recommend that if you really want them to see your grades for fall to apply sometime in mid-september, you'll get an interview in january. But you are not guaranteed whether they'll see your fall semester before initially reviewing your file. If you wait to apply till Nov. like I did you might get an interview in April or might not get one at all. But this may not be necessary since it appears that you are already showing improvement in your last semester. So I really don't think it'll make that much of a difference if you apply in june or september. You can also apply early and assuming you get an interview can postpone it until the grades come in. But realistically speaking one semester of grades should have almost no affect on your chances. So in my opinion apply early. I think you'll at least get in somewhere because you've shown improvement. In the slight chance you don't, apply for 2006

Msummar:

I remember you when you joined a while back, glad to see you pursuing dentistry still! With you current motivation and grade trend, your future in getting accepted is bright!

My advise for you is to submit your AADSAS application for entering class 2006 when your application will be the strongest. I know this maybe difficult to hear and swallow, but once you have two or three solid semesters (Spring 2004, Fall 2004 and Spring 2005) worth of science GPA under your belt, your selection of schools to apply to will be greater.

Of course you may apply for entering class of 2005, but with only one semester on your AADSAS application, odds may going against you! Yeah, you say, you can wait until Fall 2004 grades come in until you apply, but submitting your AADSAS application around the end of December 2004, your chances of dealing with alternate lists, late interviews, and/or class are filled increase dramatically!

Wait and be patient and apply when you have the most credentials. Of course, a solid DAT will be in order as well (aim for at least 18s). Good luck!

yahe,

i agree with you on trying to build a strong profile/application and waiting till the next cycle. however, i am thinking of something else for msummar and wanna get your input on it.

what about msummar applying ASAP (like in 1st week of june) but waiting to take his DAT right around when he gets his fall grades? what i am thinking is that if he/she does this, the adcoms will not review the app until they are complete (waiting for his DAT scores). so by then, he'll be done with the fall semester and would have to resubmit new transcripts which means the adcoms will see his recent (awesome) grades.

so after all of this, what it means is that he applied early(june), still gets to show the adcoms his recent improvements (summer and fall) and still have a good shot at getting in the next cycle. his stats would also be pretty good by then.

hope i didn't miss any crucial points. let me know what you guys think.

Perfect:

Just as you said, the application will not be considered until enough credentials have been submitted. My thing is this, how would an applicant feel by submitting AADSAS early in June but doesn't hear anything from schools until January or February? Wouldn't the anticipation of hearing "something" drive the applicant insane!

Submitting application early in June and then submit DAT and/or new grades after December is pretty much the samething if you submit everything together in December, at best, you save those weeks of application process time. Even so, December 1st, the first round of acceptances have gone out and interviews are being schedule for mid March across the country already!

To me, I would want the best outcome. Why stress myself and deal with rejections if I don't have to! Bottom line is this, if an applicant wants to apply and doesn't really care about how many times that they have to apply and deal with rejections, waiting lists, and/or classes being filled, then by all means apply for entering class of 2005!

My advise is for someone that will have the MOST credentials at the time when ADCOM review applications. You never want your AADSAS application sit in a pile that says "non-competitive" and/or "missing files", especially for applicants with handicaps and blemish records!

As I said before, best chance will be for entering class of 2006, if he's anxious and don't care about the "best chance", then apply for entering class of 2005. I'm not saying he'll have no chance for entering class of 2005, chances are everywhere, but the "best chance" will be for entering class of 2006 ONLY IF Fall 2004 and Spring 2005 grades are good and an acceptable DAT.

Got it? :cool:

thank you yahe. very well said.

i guess i was thinking that at least you give yourself a chance and that way you don't waste a whole year. but then again, your are right about doing right from the very beggining.

I have a different take on this. I think he should apply with the intent that he will be rejected. There is something to be said for reapplicants being stronger candidates. It familiarizes you with the application process. It also gives you the opportunity to network with adcoms so that you when you reapply as a much stronger applicant, the adcom is familiar with who you are. It demonstrates persistence and tenacity; you were rejected but you applied again. Obviously, if the candidates gets rejected the first application cycle, he will know why he got rejected but he can play 'dumb' and call the adcom to find out why. This will give him the opportunity to network with this adcom and form a relationship with him or her. That will help the candidates chances on the second attempt. I have seen this trend hold up in any application process. Reapplicants are always favored to some degree because of the persistence they had shown.

mcataz,
I think that's pretty solid reasoning. If you're a borderline candidate, I think you have to give it a shot because if you can get in and save yourself the extra year of waiting, I think it's worth it, especially from a long-term financial perspective. Also, if you're borderline, you can't the picky type either. You'll just have to apply to the schools that offer you the best chances for acceptance.

Thanks everyone for the advice! Personally, I was leaning towards applying for this coming up 2005 cycle ... albeit late so that I can optimize my chances better. I figured that I might get lucky and get into somewhere ... saving myself a year. I wouldn't really lose anything since I would be applying in the 2006 cycle anyway (if I didn't apply for 2005). My state school (Tennessee) primarily admits state residents, so I may have some luck there. Thanks for the advice.

Suit yoselves, I know there is always a feeling of hurrying into things. I can only wish you the best of luck! Keep up the great work and keep us updated!

:thumbup:

msummar_smc said:
Thanks everyone for the advice! Personally, I was leaning towards applying for this coming up 2005 cycle ... albeit late so that I can optimize my chances better. I figured that I might get lucky and get into somewhere ... saving myself a year. I wouldn't really lose anything since I would be applying in the 2006 cycle anyway (if I didn't apply for 2005). My state school (Tennessee) primarily admits state residents, so I may have some luck there. Thanks for the advice.

Something to think about...

I don't think applying late is going to necessarily "optimize" your chances of getting in...even if it brings up your science GPA a bit. Perhaps applying earlier in the cycle with a high DAT is better. When I look at this board, I see a lot of good stories of people overcoming a lower GPA with a higher DAT. Why focus some of your time (or even all your summer time) preparing to ace the DAT. If you ask me, if you think you're borderline, applying in December will just destroy your chances in all but a few schools.

Also, with your plan to take a full load of classes during the summer and fall, when the heck do you plan to make time to study fo the DAT? When do you plan to take it? If you don't have a good game plan for this, I think you're setting yourself up for failure.

HBomb said:
Something to think about...

I don't think applying late is going to necessarily "optimize" your chances of getting in...even if it brings up your science GPA a bit. Perhaps applying earlier in the cycle with a high DAT is better. When I look at this board, I see a lot of good stories of people overcoming a lower GPA with a higher DAT. Why focus some of your time (or even all your summer time) preparing to ace the DAT. If you ask me, if you think you're borderline, applying in December will just destroy your chances in all but a few schools.

Also, with your plan to take a full load of classes during the summer and fall, when the heck do you plan to make time to study fo the DAT? When do you plan to take it? If you don't have a good game plan for this, I think you're setting yourself up for failure.

I'm studying for the DAT right now ... and have been for about a month now. I expect to take it in at the end of the summer when I finish organic chem. Right now, I'm practicing in the range of 19 and 20's pretty steadily with one great day of 23's almost across the board. Depending on what I get (20 or more), will help me to determine to wait or go ahead and apply.

It's not that I am in a huge hurry to get into school somewhere for the 2005 cycle. I really am attempting to get into my real one or two targets. If I don't get into them, then I will keep up the same effort and go hard for 2006. I realize that it is going to take some time to overcome my previous grades, but I thought I would roll the dice a little and see if I can get in now.

Thanks for the advice. :D

Let the dice row! ;)

What a great thread...I wish I had seen this before...but heres my story and let me know what you guys think of my chances:
I took the DAT a couple of weeks ago and scored the following: AA 21, PAT 15, Bio 19, Chem 23, O Chem 25, RC 20, QR 17, TS 21. I have a GPA of just under 3.0, not too sure what my Science GPA is but I think its higher than 2.5 but lower than 2.75. I have been shadowing a couple of dentists so far and completed 25 hrs up to date. I'm gonna continue to do this throughout the summer too. I also entered the denture course at UCLA and that starts next month. I believe I have good recommendations letters in. I studied my butt of for the DAT and I believe I did well. I think I can do better and would like to know what anyones advice is on taking it over again. Throughout college I have been working 30-35 hours a week while maintaining a full time schedule, not to mention serious family problems. I'm also graduating with 156 credits. I am applying to NYU, Columbia, UMDNJ, BU, UConn, Tufts, U of the Pacific, Temple, SUNY (stony brook and buffalo), Temple U, UCLA. What does everyone think? Can anyone recommend another school I should apply too? I think I'm going to have everything sent in the first day everything opens up. Thanks for all the advice and sorry for the short story. One last thing I really want to get accepted into the Sept 2005 program, I don't want to waste anymore time.

to SeriousPreDent:

In which state are you a resident? That is one factor which will eliminate a number of schools to apply to.

UBTom said:
to SeriousPreDent:

In which state are you a resident? That is one factor which will eliminate a number of schools to apply to.

I'm a resident in NJ, I could easily become a resident in CA from what I hear too.

SeriousPreDent said:
I'm a resident in NJ, I could easily become a resident in CA from what I hear too.

Well, the CA state schools like UCLA and UCSF are both very competitive, even for CA state residents. Since you are not a CA resident and your GPA being what it is, I can tell you right now you won't even rate an interview. If I was in your shoes, I wouldn't bother with UCLA.

I also wouldn't bother with SUNY Stony Brook. It is VERY difficult for any out-of-stater to get in there, and in the past three years that has been NO non-New Yorkers accepted to that school.

My school (University at Buffalo) takes about 15 out-of-staters a year and so their GPAs are pretty competitive.

UConn is also pretty competitive, though they do have a more liberal policy towards out-of-staters.

Long story short, if I was in your shoes, I wouldn't bother with UCLA, Stony, or Buffalo. But you should definitely apply to UMDNJ, NYU, Boston, and Temple as your best-chance schools, Tufts and UOP where you might have a shot, and maybe Columbia and UConn as "reach" schools.

You might also consider adding Nova, Pitt and Case to your list of schools to apply to.

If you are African American, you should also add Howard and Meharry to your list.

HTH.

SeriousPreDent:
I am applying to NYU, Columbia, UMDNJ, BU, UConn, Tufts, U of the Pacific, Temple, SUNY (stony brook and buffalo), Temple U, UCLA. What does everyone think? Can anyone recommend another school I should apply too?

I would also suggest applying to Creighton, USC, UDM and IUSD. My experience is that they are friendly to us underachievers. My GPA is 2.7 overall. These and may other school want to see a increasing level of acheivement; this will be in your favor if you have this. Your DAT is excellent. RC of 20 is great and very high TS is what most schools want. QR and PAT is the least emphasised section in my oppion. If you are SDA apply to LLU; being SDA is their only requirement.

Thaxil said:
QR and PAT is the least emphasised section in my oppion.
PAT least emphasized? If PAT were one of the least emphasized sections, it probably wouldn't be one of the two scores listed on statistics for dental school acceptance. Just my opinion.

msummar_smc said:
Right now, I'm practicing in the range of 19 and 20's pretty steadily with one great day of 23's almost across the board.
If you're scoring that well on the practice tests, you should do great on the real thing. I always thought that Kaplan's tests were brutal compared to the real thing (especially general chemistry).

Good luck!

Well, I guess I can officially apply for membership to this thread.

I just figured my GPA's, and here they are
Overall: 3.08
Science: 2.5
Science/Math: 2.58

I'm planning on taking the DAT in late June/early July, and sending my application out as soon as possible (about a week from now). I'm generally a good test taker, so let's just assume I'll make the 20/20 mark (I've been preparing for this thing for a while, and I've got a month and a half to go yet).

Here's the story on my GPA. I pretty much aced all my non-science classes, and started out pretty good then maintained b's, c's and a few a's in them. I majored in Chemistry and Biology, so the stuff like Analytical Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, and Instrumental Analysis really brought the GPA down, but nothing below a C.

Here's some high notes for me. I work now (graduated a year ago) at a research technician at a biomedical research facility (have worked here for a year, for a very reputable Lupus research scientist). I work for the Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, which is associated with the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, and my boss is very influencial (especially for the medical college). In college, I played varsity football (captain for 2 years), was president of FCA, class Vice President for 2 years, member of student activities board, Resident Assistant for 2 years, took several missions trips (Mexico City for a month, plus others), etc. Basically, I'll have good leadership experiences, volunteer, etc. I'll have great letters of recommendation (my boss, professors, and a rural oklahoma dentist that I've shadowed).

I guess I'm asking what my chances will be. I'm applying to University of Oklahoma (i've read they give all in-state applicants an interview if they meet the bare-bones req's) plus whatever private or other state schools you all could recommend for me.

Thanks in advance!
-Brian

p.s. How much does the overall GPA being above 3.0 while the BCP GPA being a 2.5 raise my chances?

Thaxil said:
SeriousPreDent:
I am applying to NYU, Columbia, UMDNJ, BU, UConn, Tufts, U of the Pacific, Temple, SUNY (stony brook and buffalo), Temple U, UCLA. What does everyone think? Can anyone recommend another school I should apply too?

I would also suggest applying to Creighton, USC, UDM and IUSD. My experience is that they are friendly to us underachievers. My GPA is 2.7 overall. These and may other school want to see a increasing level of acheivement; this will be in your favor if you have this. Your DAT is excellent. RC of 20 is great and very high TS is what most schools want. QR and PAT is the least emphasised section in my oppion. If you are SDA apply to LLU; being SDA is their only requirement.

Thaxil, thanks for the advice. If you don't mind me asking...where you accepted to any of the schools I named or you named? Thanks again

I was accepted to UDM and placed in the waiting list for Creighton. I hear often that if you take the trouble of visiting Creighton and setting up an interview(non-mandatory) it will greatly increase your chances for acceptance. Creighton states that is would not but very few people setup voluntary interviews (I am guessing); I did not. I also received interviews with NYU, BU, IUSD, and LLU, but declined them due to expenses of traveling and I would rather go to UDM which I was already accepted. Tufts seemed interested in me but I kinda disregarded their request to see my grades for fall of 2003.

I like to also comment that my experience of admission from the position of being a 3.0 and under member was stressful: High and lows daily. Perfect agrees with me on this. Interviews take a long time to come around so do give up hope.

wahlbj said:
Well, I guess I can officially apply for membership to this thread.

I just figured my GPA's, and here they are
Overall: 3.08
Science: 2.5
Science/Math: 2.58

I'm planning on taking the DAT in late June/early July, and sending my application out as soon as possible (about a week from now). I'm generally a good test taker, so let's just assume I'll make the 20/20 mark (I've been preparing for this thing for a while, and I've got a month and a half to go yet).

Here's the story on my GPA. I pretty much aced all my non-science classes, and started out pretty good then maintained b's, c's and a few a's in them. I majored in Chemistry and Biology, so the stuff like Analytical Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, and Instrumental Analysis really brought the GPA down, but nothing below a C.

Here's some high notes for me. I work now (graduated a year ago) at a research technician at a biomedical research facility (have worked here for a year, for a very reputable Lupus research scientist). I work for the Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, which is associated with the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, and my boss is very influencial (especially for the medical college). In college, I played varsity football (captain for 2 years), was president of FCA, class Vice President for 2 years, member of student activities board, Resident Assistant for 2 years, took several missions trips (Mexico City for a month, plus others), etc. Basically, I'll have good leadership experiences, volunteer, etc. I'll have great letters of recommendation (my boss, professors, and a rural oklahoma dentist that I've shadowed).

I guess I'm asking what my chances will be. I'm applying to University of Oklahoma (i've read they give all in-state applicants an interview if they meet the bare-bones req's) plus whatever private or other state schools you all could recommend for me.

Thanks in advance!
-Brian

p.s. How much does the overall GPA being above 3.0 while the BCP GPA being a 2.5 raise my chances?
Any comments? Do you think I've got a shot?

-Brian

wahlbj said:
Any comments? Do you think I've got a shot?

-Brian

Get 20s across the DAT; go for it! :luck:

busupshot83 said:
Get 20s across the DAT; go for it! :luck:

Thanks!

I'm going for it, that's for sure!. I just met with Dr. Miller, associate dean of students at Univ. of Oklahoma, today--went pretty well. I figure if I show my face in the admissions office enough it might help me out. I work on campus, so there's really no excuse not to know everybody in there I suppose.

-Brian

Thaxil,
i do agree with you. i hope everyone in our mini club realize that applying to dental school is touch by itself let alone be an under 3 member. with that said, i think that YAHE put it best. if you are determined, then you'll do whatever it will take to do well on the DAT and be a strong applicant.

just remember, miracles do happen. just like it did for me and D. Fisher (of the LAkers) last night. i can't believe how things turnout sometimes, but that shot going in has me confused now. i guess there is a god afterall. lol

PERFECT3435 said:
Thaxil,
i do agree with you. i hope everyone in our mini club realize that applying to dental school is touch by itself let alone be an under 3 member. with that said, i think that YAHE put it best. if you are determined, then you'll do whatever it will take to do well on the DAT and be a strong applicant.

just remember, miracles do happen. just like it did for me and D. Fisher (of the LAkers) last night. i can't believe how things turnout sometimes, but that shot going in has me confused now. i guess there is a god afterall. lol
I guess the devil was on the side of the Spurs. What a stupid argument :thumbdown:

Just bringing my favorite tread up from its grave.

Hey guys...I really need some help and advice. Im starting to panic again and this is the last thing I need. Heres my situation;
I graduated from college in the year 2002 with a 3.0 overall GPA, i think the science was around 2.7 and have tried to get into dental school sine then, only to be rejected year after year, and I barely got any interviews, let alone acceptances!
Ive tried to bolster my application package as much as I can to make myself more "whatever they want to see". Ive been working in the Operating Room as a neuromonitor for two years, took and aced the neuromonitoring certification exam, have taken a few online grad-level bio courses, have shadowed a Dentists in my area, have awesome reccomendation letters from my boss and the surgeons I work with...and I just did the DAT and got 20 in everything....but it doesnt seem to be enough!!!
can you guys give me any advice!!!
Please!!!
I remember I oncee found a list of all the dental schools, the average GPA they accepted and a special section for schools that will accept students with lower GPA...can anybody send me the link to it or a similar page?
I will go to any school that accepts me!! I dont care at this point!! Can you guys please help me choose less competitive / more realistic schools!!!!
Im freaking out cause I need to send the AADSAS application out But im just not sure to where!!!!

tHANKS

Nijad

Status
Not open for further replies.