The Watering Hole (social)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I wish I could like this. Drunk me likes this! Sober me will be sad and disappointed tomorrow. Sucks for her/me. Stick around tomorrow for the sad sober updates.
Also I'm going to be so mad at myself tomorrow, so please make fun of me so I know to not do this again. I'm not normally this ratchet, I promise.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I wish I could like this. Drunk me likes this! Sober me will be sad and disappointed tomorrow. Sucks for her/me. Stick around tomorrow for the sad sober updates.

Post #1000 in the drunk thread!!! Yay!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Sad sober update: normally when I drink I designate one person to drunk text throughout the night. Last night my designated drunk textee was SDN. You're welcome everybody.

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Sad sober update: normally when I drink I designate one person to drunk text throughout the night. Last night my designated drunk textee was SDN. You're welcome everybody.
How are you feeling today? When I woke up this morning most of my updated thread notices were due to you!

Reactions: 1 users
:rofl:

people don't post on this thread nearly enough, it always makes me happy to see drunk posts.

:rofl:

people don't post on this thread nearly enough, it always makes me happy to see drunk posts.

We have a yearly festival called Fur Trade Days. I am coming back for the festival this year and apparently it's a jolly drunk time. I will remember to post here just for your amusement. Look out for July 7 through 10th.

How are you feeling today? When I woke up this morning most of my updated thread notices were due to you!
Haha I feel fine! This wasn't even close to the drunkest I've ever gotten (that title goes down to when I celebrated my 21st with my family in San Antonio and my stepdad promptly drank me under a table for 12 hours), but I'm very chatty when drunk, hence the millions of updates.

Out celebrating the last day of classes right now. I cannot wait to make new friends and meet people next year.

Reactions: 5 users
Out celebrating the last day of classes right now. I cannot wait to make new friends and meet people next year.
Can you believe I may actually be a face you know and hate?! ( Histo has a history with first year and comparative antatomy is quickly becoming an interesting transition)

Members don't see this ad :)
You know it was a good night when you're just now getting home.

Beer and friends are making some of the recent crap less painful. Here's to 2 more days of straight drinking. Not looking forward to the bloatedness though .

Reactions: 3 users
Never knew about this thread.....I guess I can share one of my drunk moments.... Sometime ago, I decided to drink with my cousin.... I happened to have one (or maybe 5) too many drinks.... I remember nothing... However my cousin told me I gave my cousin's ex-boyfriend's mother a lap dance..... Mind you she was/is in a wheel chair....:yeahright:

Never knew about this thread.....I guess I can share one of my drunk moments.... Sometime ago, I decided to drink with my cousin.... I happened to have one (or maybe 5) too many drinks.... I remember nothing... However my cousin told me I gave my cousin's ex-boyfriend's mother a lap dance..... Mind you she was/is in a wheel chair....:yeahright:
Coming in a wheelchair just means that she came prepared for a lap dance.

Coming in a wheelchair just means that she came prepared for a lap dance.
You have made that horrible memory (that I don't remember) all the better. She wanted it. She got it.

Raise your hand if you love white Zinfandel.

Reactions: 4 users
Raise your hand if you love white Zinfandel.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Just became besties witb my Uber driver who normally drives for my undergrad even though I'm in a different state. Made me very happy. I lurve my undergrad.

A ton of my undergrad are unexpectedly here for senior week as well (I thought they'd be here next week as they usually graduate around the 21st). I'm torn between being super amused and horrified at drunken 21 year old me.

Day drinking=the best drinking
#blessed

At parties we pass around a cowboy hat for whoever is drunkest to wear. Currently I have earned it. This is probably a bad sign.

Reactions: 6 users

Well since you have practice just let me know where you'll be next time you're drinking.

Well since you have practice just let me know where you'll be next time you're drinking.
Next time I a have a bottle of Bacardi (melon flavored) and Beyoncé is playing on my radio I'll be sure to take the private party to your residence... Please have a couch prepared for me to crash on, as I will probably pass out during the lap dance (as I did that time apparently) :uhno:......

Next time I a have a bottle of Bacardi (melon flavored) and Beyoncé is playing on my radio I'll be sure to take the private party to your residence... Please have a couch prepared for me to crash on, as I will probably pass out during the lap dance (as I did that time apparently) :uhno:......
Always drunk dance to Beyonce. Always.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Tech conferences and veterinary conferences need to coordinate, yo. I just walked straight into a women's bathroom when there was a line out the door for the men's. Almost felt like a weird dream.

Plus they have waaaaaaayyyyy more free alcohol. :D

I will regale you with the tale of how the boy and I started dating. Gather round

Last February ('15) was my 30th birthday. And all of my friends were in town because we had mentor training. So we went out to the coolest bar. (Ok ok it's the cheapest bar)

After I had imbibed roughly 12-14 shots in the span of 2 hours (some were mixed so I think I was juuuuust under a toxic blood alcohol level) I forgot that some people value personal space.

That was when I noticed the shy, awkward around girls guy and thought "this guy needs some serious Abs attention, I'm on it"

So I proceeded to grab is face and ask him, with my face approximately 3/4 of an inch from his, if he thought I was pretty. Now, he did think I was pretty but he might have said yes anyway because I can be a little aggressive, like not physically, just mentally, when I've been drinking.

After I'd ascertained that, yes indeed, he does think I'm pretty, I proceeded to inform him in drunken slurs that I "make vurrry good breakfasht". And when he said he's sure I do I then told him "NO! You don't gedit. Pancakesh and eggsh and hashbrownsh....." I told him this many... many times.

I remember none of this but received many second hand accounts of it.

A week later I got an invite from him to a "group hangout" and thought "Awwww snap, it's on"

Now tell me that doesn't rival Romeo and Juliette

Reactions: 13 users
I will regale you with the tale of how the boy and I started dating. Gather round

Last February ('15) was my 30th birthday. And all of my friends were in town because we had mentor training. So we went out to the coolest bar. (Ok ok it's the cheapest bar)

After I had imbibed roughly 12-14 shots in the span of 2 hours (some were mixed so I think I was juuuuust under a toxic blood alcohol level) I forgot that some people value personal space.

That was when I noticed the shy, awkward around girls guy and thought "this guy needs some serious Abs attention, I'm on it"

So I proceeded to grab is face and ask him, with my face approximately 3/4 of an inch from his, if he thought I was pretty. Now, he did think I was pretty but he might have said yes anyway because I can be a little aggressive, like not physically, just mentally, when I've been drinking.

After I'd ascertained that, yes indeed, he does think I'm pretty, I proceeded to inform him in drunken slurs that I "make vurrry good breakfasht". And when he said he's sure I do I then told him "NO! You don't gedit. Pancakesh and eggsh and hashbrownsh....." I told him this many... many times.

A week later I got an invite from him to a "group hangout" and thought "Awwww snap, it's on"

This is fabulous.

:laugh: Glad I'm not the only one on here who met their SO while drunk. Although I don't think I was quite that amusing, if memory serves me right. We were at a mutual friend's birthday party, it was only the second time I'd ever been drunk, and we spent about half the night talking and dancing together. Then I asked him to walk me home, and we realized we lived in the same apartment building! He ended up spending the night at my place even though he's horribly allergic to my cat, and then in the morning we watched Spongebob while hungover. Four days later we went on our first date, and over 3.5 years later we're still going strong!

Gah... this still exists.
my sdn legacy.

View attachment 204372
My current beer. Relevant to this thread for so many reasons.

Is it good? I kinda want one, 100% for the label... especially because my immediate googling tells me your picture doesn't even show how awesome it is:

DIRE-CHINCHILLA-IMPERIAL-PALE-ALE.jpg

I freaking love chins.

Is it good? I kinda want one, 100% for the label... especially because my immediate googling tells me your picture doesn't even show how awesome it is:

DIRE-CHINCHILLA-IMPERIAL-PALE-ALE.jpg

I freaking love chins.
It's an excellent IPA- it tastes very similar to Dogfish Head 60 Minute, if memory serves. Very drinkable, and that label is just adorable.

Those two words just do not belong together in the same sentence. Sorry. :dead::barf:
By excellent I mean, "not too hoppy-" you don't make a good IPA by cranking the hops to 11. This was maybe a 4 in the hops department and a 5 in malt- really well blended, not at all overpowering.

By excellent I mean, "not too hoppy-" you don't make a good IPA by cranking the hops to 11. This was maybe a 4 in the hops department and a 5 in malt- really well blended, not at all overpowering.
I knew I liked you. I tend to avoid IPAs because so many of them are just overwhelmingly hoppy, even though I've had lots of good ones and do really appreciate how many different flavours you can mix into'em. If I'm being safe I'm more of a brown ale or stout person.

We have a brewery in NC that's quite well known for their sours and they do some pretty fabulous, similarly-fantasy-esque labels (and I... may be someone who can very much be swayed into buying beers based on their fun labels):

Wicked-Weed-Red-Angel.jpg

wicked-weed-white-angel.jpg

Wicked-Weed-Oblivion.jpg

etc.

:laugh: Glad I'm not the only one on here who met their SO while drunk. Although I don't think I was quite that amusing, if memory serves me right. We were at a mutual friend's birthday party, it was only the second time I'd ever been drunk, and we spent about half the night talking and dancing together. Then I asked him to walk me home, and we realized we lived in the same apartment building! He ended up spending the night at my place even though he's horribly allergic to my cat, and then in the morning we watched Spongebob while hungover. Four days later we went on our first date, and over 3.5 years later we're still going strong!

All of my bf's I've met while drunk (except current...sort of). The one was actually dressed as a frog and had his hair dyed green the night we met...