The WWatering Hole Bar Grand Opening - Game Thread.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@LetItSnow

fine, decent defense. Then tell me why I shouldn't vote WZ, my other top pick, and vote your candidate, Britzen. Before anyone says that is sketch, while I have moved them down in my mind, I did share Ceke's suspicion's initially.

So I'm wondering why a clever veteran has Brtiz as their top choice.

I can't tell you why you shouldn't vote WZ. I'm not going to defend her.

At the end of the day you just have to vote someone. I don't really know who is sketchiest, so I'm voting Britz. My deep down gut says you're just being frustrating, not wolfy. If I'm wrong, so what. I was wrong about Ceke. I've played way too many games to care about being wrong - it's part of the game.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
This sentence doesn't make sense. Why were you hoping wolves would kill you? Why would the item mean they wouldn't?

Go back and re-read the item's function and then, if you STILL don't understand, read it again. If you STILL don't understand, fine, I'll spell it out in words using less than 5 letters each.

I think it's pretty clear if you'd slow down long enough to read.

I'm still stuck on Kam's observation that a good wold pack would have had at least one vote on genny.
They did have one vote on genny I thought. Unless I'm remembering wrong, didn't allie vote for her? Or maybe that was only on D2.

That's no guarantee though in any case. They may have thought the genny lynch would go away. And it was very close.

Members don't see this ad :)
I meant on D1.

Allieh and DVMD jumped on the genny bandwagon for sure toward the end of D2 when it was clear lynch was swinging that way.

D1 it was tied up until Genny changed her vote at the last minute.

D1 Lynch:
Genny (5) - AM, WZ, LIS, finn, tart
PBC (6) - Cyndia, Allie, 3m, Jil, Ski, Genny

D2 Lynch:
genny (7) - LIS, finn, Jil, Kam, allieh, DVMD, Fern
Snowy (4) - PBC, Crayola, WZ, genny

See but I've gone down this road of assuming there would definitely be a wolf on a wolf lynch and it only led to lynching all the villagers...

Unfortunately I don't really have time to go deeper into this tonight. I don't think I'll be changing my vote unless I have some kind of epiphany while trying to learn all the antibiotics.

If we had 5 original wolves or 4+1 conversion, tonight is end game anyway, right? (Lynch + nightkill will result in only 2 village:2 wolves left alive?)

If epiphany's haven't happened already, I don't think they're forthcoming in the next 35 minutes... I'm just grumpy that I'm apparently nobody's #1 suspect, but my head's on the chopping block. Seems like a silly way for us to lose. :yeahright:

See but I've gone down this road of assuming there would definitely be a wolf on a wolf lynch and it only led to lynching all the villagers...

Unfortunately I don't really have time to go deeper into this tonight. I don't think I'll be changing my vote unless I have some kind of epiphany while trying to learn all the antibiotics.

I don't really understand WHY there would have to be a wolf lynch (especially D1). I think it's overthinking things. Sure, they could be. And sure, there might not be.

This sort of thinking strikes me as ... um ... TRH's classic "there's likely to be a wolf in every group" kind of thing. Just plain misplaced.

I dunno how everyone else wolfs, but when I do it, I don't pay much attention to my fellow wolf votes, and I generally don't put a lot of thinking into "ok, as a wolf, how should I vote." I literally try to play as much like my villager self as I can; to the point where I've accidentally bus'd wolves because I forgot who my fellow wolves were.

I'm still stuck on Kam's observation that a good wold pack would have had at least one vote on genny. That's between you and WZ, and WZ's ability at least did what she claimed. For that reason I'm going to

lynch LIS

I just don't buy that observation. That smacks of way too much 'organized' voting (as in: "ok, you vote for the lynch, you-other-wolf vote for someone else, etc"), which, in my experience, isn't how most wolf groups play.

Reactions: 1 users
If we had 5 original wolves or 4+1 conversion, tonight is end game anyway, right? (Lynch + nightkill will result in only 2 village:2 wolves left alive?)

If epiphany's haven't happened already, I don't think they're forthcoming in the next 35 minutes... I'm just grumpy that I'm apparently nobody's #1 suspect, but my head's on the chopping block. Seems like a silly way for us to lose. :yeahright:

Ok, well, set aside me as your preferred vote, and tell me who is your next leading candidate. Because I'm not a wolf....

I'm just grumpy that I'm apparently nobody's #1 suspect, but my head's on the chopping block. Seems like a silly way for us to lose. :yeahright:

Incidentally, this smacks of ... um ... Cheezy? MadJack? ... one of those two observed that wolves tend to get grumpy like that when they're being voted for, but for the 'wrong' reason.

Ok, well, set aside me as your preferred vote, and tell me who is your next leading candidate. Because I'm not a wolf....

It may not apply to the way you play, but there does seem to be some coordination between known wolves in this game and in the only other game I've played, so my vote would probably go to WZ if not you.

Last game and this game, the wolves definitely voted for each other on D1 or D2 and then kept their votes fairly scattered throughout the rest of game play, except when a clear bandwagon was forming. Maybe it's not really a pattern at all, maybe it's particular to genny and allieh since they were both wolves both games, maybe its typical for most wolf packs and not just you. We'll see what I think after a few more games.

Incidentally, this smacks of ... um ... Cheezy? MadJack? ... one of those two observed that wolves tend to get grumpy like that when they're being voted for, but for the 'wrong' reason.

Never played with either of them, so I wouldn't know. But your vote for me was essentially "meh, gotta vote for somebody" which I think it's fair to say is frustrating. But you do you.

Who said you aren't my #1 suspect?

Members don't see this ad :)

grand-opening.png

The day had nearly approached. Things were down to the wire; tomorrow was the grand opening of The Watering Hole, and everything had to be juuusssttt perfect.

Looking at the shelf, you could tell that this place had been through the wringer. What's left? Some cheap wines, smirnoff ice, a bit of tequila and @Melchizedek's go to drink, whiskey. Hardly the best for opening, but no point in restocking a bar that seemed to keep having strange, destructive tendencies. The culprit had to be found first.

And the remaining booze thought they had found him. They rounded on @britzen, demanding their downfall. Apparently creating so many crappy matches is a mortal sin...

Dead @britzen, Jim Beam Whiskey, whose influence could match up two players every evening.
And with that, the booze celebrated! This had to be over, right? @Trilt grabbed her car keys and started heading to the liquor store to restock, @Melchizedek started dreaming up concoctions, and all seemed well...

Night will close at 6AM EST tomorrow. Please get your night actions in ASAP.*

_ _ __ ___ ____ ______ __________ ______ ____ ___ __ _ _

Roster

(Lonely) Hearts
1. @LetItSnow - Franzia Boxed "Wine"

Spades

2. @TheGirlWithTheFernTattoo - Two Buck Chuck (Charles Shaw Wine)

Diamonds
14. @WildZoo - Don Julio Tequila

Clubs
10. @Crayola227 - Smirnoff Ice "Beer"

19. @Animal Midwife - Southern Tier Pumking Beer
20. @tartesos - Malibu "Rum"
13. @genny - Jack Daniels Whiskey
16. @Jilary - Strongbow Cider
3. @SnowshoeDog143 - St. George Absinthe
11. @finnickthedog - Water
4. @rabbott1971 - Tanqueray Gin
12. @SummerTheLynx - Angel's Envy Whiskey
23. @PippyPony - Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer
17. @allieh8607 - Jose Cuervo Tequila
6. @Kam325 - Blue Moon Beer
15. @Cyndia - Josh Wine
21. @LadyOtheFarm - Raleigh Rum Company Rum
18. @raf2769 - Guinness Beer
5. @PrincessButterCup - Maker's Mark Whiskey
7. @DVMDream - Johnnie Walker Whiskey
24. @mmmdreamerz - Captain Morgan Rum
9. @Ceke2002 - Herradura Tequila
8. @SkiOtter - Gosling's Ginger Beer
22. @britzen - Jim Beam Whiskey

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
DAY 1 people, I called it on DAY ONE! :D

Granted I was wrong about Britz being coached, but seriously did no one else notice the really obvious change in game style? Noob villagers tend to gradually change their game style over several games based on general feedback, this was like a total turn around of game play style that just screamed 'person playing a wolf for the first time'.

And you guys lynched me for being sketchy. :yeahright:

Wait, the game's not actually over?

This is the game that never ends, it just goes on and on my friends...:laugh:

Sigh. As much as it annoys me that Cheezy or MJ may have made a very astute observation, this particular one has panned out more than once.

*Nah, I'm just being a pain.

With @britzen dead, The Four Horsemen were vanquished. For those not in the know - just as I wasn't - this is a run of shots (or a cocktail combination) of the four burly men of the bar:
13. @genny - Jack Daniels Whiskey
17. @allieh8607 - Jose Cuervo Tequila
7. @DVMDream - Johnnie Walker Whiskey
22. @britzen - Jim Beam Whiskey
And they created the great wolf team of our game.

You know, and some of Mel's favourite gin (@SnowshoeDog143) and absinthe (@rabbott1971) that could have also thrown wrenches in the works putting up a good fight. You're all fine, the mod is just evil.

VILLAGE WINS!!
roster to follow. c: Don't kill me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users

Granted I was wrong about Britz being coached, but seriously did no one else notice the really obvious change in game style? Noob villagers tend to gradually change their game style over several games based on general feedback, this was like a total turn around of game play style that just screamed 'person playing a wolf for the first time'.

You WERE sketchy.

And no, I didn't. I don't really pay much attention to n00bs until they just sorta come into my world via osmosis.

Oh hey look. LIS was actually (gasp) telling the truth (as best he knew it) the entire time about being vanillager-ish.

And about the extra box of Franzia.

Reactions: 4 users
Oh hey look. LIS was actually (gasp) telling the truth (as best he knew it) the entire time about being vanillager-ish.

And about the extra box of Franzia.
Too late, I drank it in celebration of the bar opening.

I have to hand it to britzen, she rocked the game as a first time wolf. Even without the wolves winning, we did get damn far for how much we had against us.

Good game!

My role was perfect considering I don't like beer. :)

@Trilt WE OWN A BAR NOW!!!!
and not just ANY BAR
THE FIRST BAR ON SDN!!!!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!

I am still SO mad about dying out of nowhere

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 5 users
Unfortunately, I fear genny again... and britzen too...

You WERE sketchy.

And no, I didn't. I don't really pay much attention to n00bs until they just sorta come into my world via osmosis.

Well there's your problem, right there. :laugh:

Not to argue with a dead lady, especially when I'm dead too, but for realz, this is my play style now that I've figured out how this game works (I spent half of last game suuuuper confused about game mechanics, so I hardly think that's fair to judge what I sound like as a player).

This is literally how I sound ALL THE TIME when making arguments based on whatever evidence I have to support them. The only thing I would have done differently on D1 would have been to say that genny was sketchy af.

Sigh. As much as it annoys me that Cheezy or MJ may have made a very astute observation, this particular one has panned out more than once.
I'm prettyyyyy sure you used this against me when I was a very annoyed villager in STL's last game and it basically made me want to punt you across a room, though. :laugh:

Problem is 9 time out of 10 the noob you're lynching is just a villager actin wolfy. I tend to give them some leeway too, otherwise they get lynched early and never learn anything.

Meh. They come, they play, and some stay some don't. Not worth my time until they're at least 4-5 games in. Too many of them start, get all whiny because they get lynched quickly. The good ones persist, are funny, and make it all worthwhile.

But, I think, more than anyone @Ceke2002 , you absolutely get to yell

I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your logic may be all over the place, but your feelz were spot on :laugh:

I'm still mad for you
How much did you rage in dead chat? :p
I raged so much at first, then I realized that we still didn't know who the wolves are and I was so mad literally wasn't able to go to sleep that night. I was SO frustrated that I at least didn't get immediate satisfaction of knowing who was wolf and that I wasn't stupid for sharing everything and trusting 3M

Really, CrayCray is the one who won it, because that was the swing vote.
This is true but I just felt like we were villaging together and for once I didn't let my paranoia ruin it (despite my misgivings at some moments) so I was happy :laugh:

@britzen I am very glad you were lynched today because I play to win but go little manatee, you did a good job :love:

That said, I may never forgive you for cruelly taking your manasister away from my PM group immediately then not killing her sooner so we could be dead together. :rage:

But I guess I managed to not get a single lynch vote OR wolf kill this game :laugh:

Not to argue with a dead lady, especially when I'm dead too, but for realz, this is my play style now that I've figured out how this game works (I spent half of last game suuuuper confused about game mechanics, so I hardly think that's fair to judge what I sound like as a player).

This is literally how I sound ALL THE TIME when making arguments based on whatever evidence I have to support them. The only thing I would have done differently on D1 would have been to say that genny was sketchy af.

I dunno. In retrospect I think your play was pretty sweet. I think Ceke did call it D1, but I think that was probably as much luck as anything, and Ceke is just doing a bit of Monday-morning quarterbacking to reinforce a lucky call.

Your post at end-game about me telling "most" of the truth was super well done.

Also, you all really shoulda listened to Kam... She had me pegged dead on in the middle of the game. :whistle:

Reactions: 5 users
I'm prettyyyyy sure you used this against me when I was a very annoyed villager in STL's last game and it basically made me want to punt you across a room, though. :laugh:

If it made you want to punt me across the room I know I'm doing something right.

No rule is right 100% of the time, though. You know that.

Also, you all really shoulda listened to Kam... She had me pegged dead on in the middle of the game. :whistle:
She also wanted to lynch LIS though ;)

Omg @Kam325 though, you didn't lead a lynch against me this game or contemplate killing me! When's the last time that happened?? :p

It's hard to explain, it wasn't that you were more familiar with game mechanics, or supporting evidence analysis, or anything like that, there was just a really noticeable change in your posts that went beyond all of that and pinged you as a wolf in my mind. Maybe it's my RP background, but I felt like I was watching someone play a completely different character. It wasn't the content of the posts, it was the feel of them. Yeah, not an analytical person at all so it's hard for me to explain unless I went into some sort of Buffy the Vampire Slayer Tara mode and started talking about energy and essence flows. :laugh:

I was just so sure your role was village since it helped 3M and me figure out so many things hahaha and she happened to steal it the one night and we were able to stay chatting for a second day -- how could that be bad??? hahaha whoops

Problem is 9 time out of 10 the noob you're lynching is just a villager actin wolfy. I tend to give them some leeway too, otherwise they get lynched early and never learn anything.

Meh. They come, they play, and some stay some don't. Not worth my time until they're at least 4-5 games in. Too many of them start, get all whiny because they get lynched quickly. The good ones persist, are funny, and make it all worthwhile.

I was kidding. :laugh: