Touro College of Dental Medicine - New York

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
There are some people on here who still don't get it so I make get my job to make them understand
You're fired.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I am sure you are excited. Now start working on that financial aid and apartment hunting. Join the facebook group to look for a room or rooomate. good luck
Yes I am so excited and am getting to work on my paperwork as we speak! Can you post a link to the facebook group? I definitely need both since i'm coming from Chicago. Thanks!

hey guys! anyone going to Touro need a roommate? I'm coming from out of state and i'm looking for apartments. I found that the two bedroom apartments in Tarrytown are much more affordable than 1 bed rooms. 22 y/o female looking for another female! I'd post this on the fb group but im not a part of it yet so i cant. Feel free to PM me. Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am in the same situation. Trying to look for a female roommate. Can you PM me please.

ok since no one is answering the phone in the financial aid department i reallyyy need someone to respond asap and help me out! I've already done my FAFSA a while ago and now i'm trying to apply for loans since I know I got accepted. First question: for my entrance counseling thing do I select "New York Medical College" or "Touro College- Main Campus Midtown" as the school?! Also is the academic year 2016-2017 even for the summer session? Bc i've done summer school in the past and I has to request loans under the academic calendar that just ended. Help anyone!!

holy crap. did anyone pay attention to the view counts of this thread? Shouldn't we sticky this?

If anyone gets last minute accepted to another school you drop Touro for those who don't have anything.

If anyone gets last minute accepted to another school you drop Touro for those who don't have anything.
Here's a thought: re-apply. Nobody is dropping their seat for you.

Here's a thought: re-apply. Nobody is dropping their seat for you.
I got accepted im trying to help other people. I'm not selfish like most dental students all. Everyone is afraid of opening up more dental schools because they don't want more dentists to steal their money. Call me bernie sanders as much as im all for the people.

I got accepted im trying to help other people. I'm not selfish like most dental students all. Everyone is afraid of opening up more dental schools because they don't want more dentists to steal their money. Call me bernie sanders as much as im all for the people.
No, you didn't get accepted.

Members don't see this ad :)
:nono: There's no way in hell a school accepted you. I would hate to have you in my class.

Only 1 more week until rejections roll out like auto bots assembling.

Most of you probably found housing by now, but I am looking for female roommate to share a 2 bed with me. It is only 5 min drive from school with tons of parking spaces (don't need to pay extra), PM me for more info. Thanks! Congrats to those accepted and good luck to those still waiting.

omfg...just got the call from office...best holiday gift ever

Sent from my Nexus 5 using SDN mobile

Reactions: 5 users
I just got the call too. I'm in! My dream is happening! To those who are still waiting keep up the faith, when it is your time you will get in!

Reactions: 3 users
Wow!! Congrats gentleman!!
I would imagine it's going to be a hell of a weekend for you folks, good luck.
Let us know how orientation goes, lots of us on here are interested.
Honestly, that's awesome news! Go celebrate and get packing!

I just got the call too. I'm in! My dream is happening! To those who are still waiting keep up the faith, when it is your time you will get in!
btw did u get the chance to put the deposit in? I haven't got any instructions about the deposit part

Sent from my Nexus 5 using SDN mobile

this is insane. amazing thing happened for you guys, but what about the loan? health check? and everything else? unless you've got all those ready.
seems like it's going to be a crazy exciting week for you guys.

congrats.

No emails have been sent to me about any of that. I'm glad I got in but this week has been hell.

this is insane. amazing thing happened for you guys, but what about the loan? health check? and everything else? unless you've got all those ready.
seems like it's going to be a crazy exciting week for you guys.

congrats.

Since today was first day of classes.. If we haven't heard back regarding our waitlist status does that mean it's a rejection..?

Classes have not started. It's orientation all week. We went hiking yesterday and bowling today.

Hmm you orientation sounds way more fun than mines going to be. Almost wishing I accepted their offer!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

reading through posts a few pages back, stats weren't too drastically different from students who got into other schools(except high tier schools) . Some were below avg, some avg and some above avg.
I wonder if new ADEA guide will have touro data. Curious as well to see which tier it fits into as far as numbers are concerned.

Stats for anyone who got accepted?

I'm below average. 3.4 GPA and 20 DAT. I'm one of the last ones to get in. I think my overall application pushed me over. Lots of life experiences, worked at VA hospital, owned a business, have patents, worked full-time during undergrad, disadvantaged background, music background, first one in family to go to college. Basically, for me it was a career change. My interviewer ( awesome person by the way) told me I had too many things I'm trying to do, but maybe if I focus on dentistry I would be awesome at that. So, I believe he convinced the selection committee to give me a shot.

I took that shot and now I'm here. We just had our first biochem exam and I average in the middle of the pack. I'm not the brightest in the class, but we all get the same DDS!

Good luck to those applying to the 2017 cycle!

The school is still a work in progress but it has been an interesting experience so far.

Reactions: 3 users
Intersted to hear how all the second year students are doing over there. Anyone mind chiming in?

Sooooo, how is the year going?
After all the flak this school got, I'm hoping to hear some good things coming from here (with the expected growing pains of being a new school).