Touro College of Dental Medicine - New York

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you mind share the email who do you write to regarding to the extra paragraph?
Do you not believe that this person got accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone still waiting to hear back..?

Reactions: 1 users
where's my SDN goal medal for waiting? I'm pro-status.

Reactions: 1 user
I cant wait to see the GPA and DAT average for the inauguration class. Just curious what numbers they have. Im applying this upcoming cycle and hoping it isnt too high.

I cant wait to see the GPA and DAT average for the inauguration class. Just curious what numbers they have. Im applying this upcoming cycle and hoping it isnt too high.

From those who've posted their stats it seems on par with most dental schools.

Guys I was right before so listen to me know. The fact that they haven't gotten back to us quickly is good because it means that there are still some seats left

I was just put on the waiting list... I don't know how I'm feeling now! I am glad that I know my status after ~4 months of waiting, but I was also hoping to get a better response...

I was just put on the waiting list... I don't know how I'm feeling now! I am glad that I know my status after ~4 months of waiting, but I was also hoping to get a better response...
getting waitlisted is definitely better than being rejected. keep your hopes up.

I just got the same message. Another waitlist and it's driving me crazy

Members don't see this ad :)
Think of it like this guys. Those who got waitlisted today are probably rank very high even the top of the waitlist. Although I doubt that anyone will drop their seat

I just got the same message. Another waitlist and it's driving me crazy
I am just wondering why they did not put us all on the wait list at the same time... I mean with the previous group.

Touro heard about how much I like to wait and waitlisted me #ItsOverSam #DeleteMyNumber

So I was wait listed too today... But if it makes anyone else feel better, I withdrew my wait list status. Hopefully one of you guys can get it ^.^

Touro heard about how much I like to wait and waitlisted me #ItsOverSam #DeleteMyNumber[/QUOTE
You have no idea how much I understand you! It did not meant to happen for us now, maybe something better is going to happen next year...:)
Good luck everyone on your next cycle!

Also waitlisted today. I still think they did not accept me because of having an international student status.

Also waitlisted today. I still think they did not accept me because of having an international student status.

It would not have helped you, but it could have been just about anything else. Just from reading this thread, there were a handful of students who seemed more than qualified.

It would not have helped you, but it could have been just about anything else. Just from reading this thread, there were a handful of students who seemed more than qualified.
So when I talked to Sam about this, she was hesistant to asnwer me but said they are not. However, when I told her where I am Canadian, she said "oh we do not consider Canadians as internationals". But James Demaio told me before I submit my application that Canadians are considered internationals. When I told her that, she said she will get back to me and when she did, she said "it looks like we do accept internationals and Canadians are considered international". I started to think that since they are not accepting internationals but already interviewed, they better not say they do not accept internationals.

The fact that Sam was not aware of Canadians being considered internationals nor accepting internationals kinda makes me think skeptically.

Got waitlisted too. Did anyone not receive that email today? It might be that its just just a mass email to everyone who did not receive previous decisions. Maybe they are not officially rejecting anyone from this point..?

If that is the case then we're probably swimming in a waitlist pool of hundreds...

The fact that Sam was not aware of Canadians being considered internationals nor accepting internationals kinda makes me think skeptically.
As you know, I am also an international, and I kinda agree with you...sadly!

Waitlisted...

the-amount-of-time-i-waited-is-too-damn-high-thumb.jpg

One thing Is for sure. Those who got waitllisted today have a better chance of getting in than those who got waitlisted weeks ago.

I think the class is 100% full as everyone I knew got wait listed today!

Do u guys know how big is the waitlist. I was told that the wl was not ranked.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SDN mobile

One thing Is for sure. Those who got waitllisted today have a better chance of getting in than those who got waitlisted weeks ago.
How is that for sure? How do you know that?
Your illogical speculations are doing nothing except making people more anxious or giving others false hope. Just stop.

How is that for sure? How do you know that?
Your illogical speculations are doing nothing except making people more anxious or giving others false hope. Just stop.
He/she doesn't know. Being hopeful is one thing, but it's just completely unrealistic at this point. The only way somebody is getting a seat in this inaugural class is if somebody drops their spot. Plain and simple. The new cycle starts in 5 days. Start preparing your application.

He/she doesn't know. Being hopeful is one thing, but it's just completely unrealistic at this point. The only way somebody is getting a seat in this inaugural class is if somebody drops their spot. Plain and simple. The new cycle starts in 5 days. Start preparing your application.
Agreed. For those who have not been accepted anywhere yet or who are only wait listed somewhere, their best bet is to get their apps ready to reapply. With some of the competitive stats I've seen on this thread of those accepted here, I would reapply even if I did get offered a seat. Chances are they can get accepted somewhere else as well this upcoming cycle.

to reply to the waitlist email, were we supposed to reply directly to the sender or send the reply to the generic admissions email?

I know we officially broke up and all, but I still haven't deleted Sam's number. Made one last call to tie up the loose ends. Class is officially 100% full. They will dip into the waitlist if there are any withdrawals or unexpected drops..AKA, start prepping those applications for the next cycle, people! I wish you all the very best--remember everything happens for a GOOD reason. Thanks for keeping me sane this cycle!

Agreed. For those who have not been accepted anywhere yet or who are only wait listed somewhere, their best bet is to get their apps ready to reapply. With some of the competitive stats I've seen on this thread of those accepted here, I would reapply even if I did get offered a seat. Chances are they can get accepted somewhere else as well this upcoming cycle.
Mate it's all common sense and at least I've told everyone here how it is I don't bullsht anyone. I was right before and I'm right again. If you can't handle it I'm sorry but don't attack me. Attack the dental schools for they have always been the problem

Mate it's all common sense and at least I've told everyone here how it is I don't bullsht anyone. I was right before and I'm right again. If you can't handle it I'm sorry but don't attack me. Attack the dental schools for they have always been the problem
:lol:

Reactions: 2 users

isn't this the case with any school at this point?

Your comments are uninformed and you aren't telling "everyone how it is." How were you right before and how are you right again? You are telling people if they are wait listed they have zero chance. Then you tell people that if they were wait listed today they have a better chance than if they were wait listed weeks ago. Where are you getting this information? What are your sources? You are speculating with no evidence and preaching it as the truth. You can't just make up some theory in your head and claim it as common sense, that's not how it works.

It's also not an issue of me not being able to "handle it." I got into dental school this cycle so I'm not worried. And it's not the dental schools that's the problem either. I've seen your other postings attacking Buffalo's admissions also, so apparently it's not me who is having a difficult time handling it, it's you.

You may not be bull$httng anyone, but you are definitely talking out of your a$$.

Reactions: 3 users
Your comments are uninformed and you aren't telling "everyone how it is." How were you right before and how are you right again? You are telling people if they are wait listed they have zero chance. Then you tell people that if they were wait listed today they have a better chance than if they were wait listed weeks ago. Where are you getting this information? What are your sources? You are speculating with no evidence and preaching it as the truth. You can't just make up some theory in your head and claim it as common sense, that's not how it works.

It's also not an issue of me not being able to "handle it." I got into dental school this cycle so I'm not worried. And it's not the dental schools that's the problem either. I've seen your other postings attacking Buffalo's admissions also, so apparently it's not me who is having a difficult time handling it, it's you.

You may not be bull$httng anyone, but you are definitely talking out of your a$$.
:claps:

I think you and me would be great friends

Guys, just calm down, smoke some weed, take some shots and eat a Snicker Bar, you're not yourself when you're thinking about dental schools

On the subject of Touro, I guess it's pretty much over. Kinda funny how their 1st wait-list were essentially soft-rejections. Should've send out a rejection email then instead of giving people false hopes and wasting their times.

Well, to those who got in. Congrats! Enjoy your new education that many of us here are still clamoring for.

For the rest of us who are still playing this game, the next app cycle is coming up, so let's get ready for it. It's not over til you say it's over!

If your DAT is 20 and above you will get accepted. If it is below 20 you will get multiple interviews but be waitllisted immediately. Do us all a favor and don't even waste your time applying If your DAT is below 20. Good luck mates

If your DAT is 20 and above you will get accepted. If it is below 20 you will get multiple interviews but be waitllisted immediately. Do us all a favor and don't even waste your time applying If your DAT is below 20. Good luck mates
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

This is not true at all, but alright.

Reactions: 3 users