Touro University - Nevada (TUNCOM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard anything regarding the student health insurance plans or the laptop purchasing? Thanks

Nothing yet for me. No financial aid info either.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone. Congrats to those who were accepted! Does anyone know if the wait list is still moving or does it seem pretty dead at this point?

Members don't see this ad :)
I actually just got accepted as of yesterday afternoon off the waitlist so I'm assuming it's still moving!

Congratulations! How were you contacted? (If you don't mind me asking)

I know this school screen for 25 MCAT but I couldn't help and wonder if any one got in this year with an MCAT of 24 or lower.

Last edited:
I know this school screen for 25 MCAT but I couldn't help and wonder if any one got in this year with an MCAT of 24 or lower.

Yeah I doubt it. These days from what I have seen most DO schools tend to stick around the upper twenties and I know that many "low tier" DO schools have their cutoffs at 24. But who knows maybe if someone started a children's clinic in Afghanistan or something they can still get in with a 24 ;)

If anyone has any questions about some of the housing/apartment complexes around the school, let me know. I had the chance to tour a bunch of them when I visited in March to decide where to live.
Hey I would love to hear what you thought about some of those ones near the school. If you'd prefer you can PM me. Thank you!

Also, has anyone heard anything about the summer class (anything after the email saying you got a spot)? Thanks.

Reactions: 1 user
Don't get me wrong, I'm super grateful to be on the waitlist and have a chance to get into Touro Nevada, but the waiting is killing me!

Congrats! I was just accepted via email today too! So excited. Did you get any followup email yet about orientation information etc?
Congratulations to you too! I'm still in awe... I called and they said to expect another email by the end of the day with all the details.

For those of you on the waitlist, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Is anyone here still on the waitlist?

I feel so lonely. :(

Congratulations to you too! I'm still in awe... I called and they said to expect another email by the end of the day with all the details.

For those of you on the waitlist, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Congratulations to both of you!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am also on the waiting list
Is anyone here still on the waitlist?

I feel so lonely. :(

I am also on the waiting list, its been difficult trying not to call the admissions office every day

I am still waitlisted here, so don't feel too lonely.

Yes I am also a fellow waitlister (probably not even a word). I also already retook the MCAT and am planning on submitting my app again very soon so hopefully they can give us all good news to save $$$ on secondaries!

I'm pretty bummed out right about now since I just found out they didn't take into consideration my April MCAT...I was hoping that it would factor into the final ranking decision.

Just to all the people on the wait list (myself included) I called the admin office yesterday it seems like they will continue to take people off the list right up until class starts. As of now they have a full class but I am sure people will drop as the days go on. Good luck to everyone!

I'm pretty bummed out right about now since I just found out they didn't take into consideration my April MCAT...I was hoping that it would factor into the final ranking decision.

Don't get too down on yourself, I am in a similar situation. I applied with a 29 and just got a 32 but from what I have heard they will definitely not consider it at this point. If worst comes to worse you are probably in better shape to re-apply anyway which is also what I am doing right now :)

Just to let you guys know. The deposit to accept a seat is due today so I'm sure that at least a few seats will open up tomorrow. Stay strong guys!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know of any apartments in the area that are furnished? I'm flying in from pretty far away so it's going to be a pain for me to furnish my apt with a couch, bed, etc

If you're interested, I have 2 furnished rooms available for rent part of a newly built 3bed, 3bath house:

1 private room that's separated from the rest of the house and another regular room. 1 room is a private room with it's own bathroom, separate entrance, closet and kitchenette. Pics here: https://plus.google.com/photos/1014...ms/6022723353953732433?authkey=CJeAref00YGFHA. A shared living area is also accessible.

The other is just a regular room with its own bathroom, and it is also furnished. The kitchen and living rooms are shared as well: http://www.tunlive.com/classifieds/show-ad?id=1965.

Please message me or call/text me at (626) 893-6633 if you have any questions. Thanks.

For you waitlisters out there, I just found out that the "students who submitted the deposit" list is renewed every Monday. So, that tends to tell me that they accept batches of students every Monday at this stage in the process. Hope this helps calm the obsessive email checking (at least some).

Has anyone heard anything from financial aid yet..?
Haven't heard anything since their email on June 13th. The email says that DO17 and DO18 students should expect to receive their award by July 14th by email.

Hey is anyone looking for a roommate for this upcoming fall? I just got accepted and will be a first year this fall. Hoping to find someone to share a 2BR with somewhere by campus. Let me know!

Hey is anyone looking for a roommate for this upcoming fall? I just got accepted and will be a first year this fall. Hoping to find someone to share a 2BR with somewhere by campus. Let me know!
Hey, I'm looking for someone to share a 3BR house with 1.7 miles from campus. Let me know if you're interested. Message me or email me: [email protected] or call/text me (626) 893-6633.

Still looking for a roommate for the upcoming fall semester! Trying to share a 2BR with someone near campus at a reasonable price. Send me an email if youre interested. [email protected]

I got a call by Oscar, the Dean of Admission for a standby position. I declined it since I have decided to attend another medical school. Hopefully the spots goes to one of you. Best of luck :).

So if they are already offering standby positions (of which there are only two as I recall) is it safe to say the wait list is dead except for perhaps two lucky individuals who many or may not get in based on someone dropping during orientation?

Just to give you guys an update, since I can relate to stressing out over this (went through it last year), I got a call from Oscar as well concerning a standby position and I accepted it, meaning that someone else has the other slot(s), not sure if it was 2 or 3. Best of luck to you guys, keep yours heads up and I'm sure you'll get in :):thumbup:

I got a call from Oscar on Monday asking if I would be interested in a standby slot and accepted it.

Hey guys, just wondering if anybody here got a secondary with MCAT of 24? Thank you.

FYI, as stated by Mr. Parra at our meeting (though this may not need to be said), the 2013-2014 cycle is officially over and no more waitlist movement or acceptances for that cycle will be doled out for sure! (Classes for C/O 2018 starts Monday)

Best of luck to you all!

This is the 2013-2014 thread...

I believe you're looking for the 2014-2015 thread...