Touro University - Nevada (TUNCOM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted off waitlist today! First acceptance so I am beyond excited. Interviewed 2/26. sGPA/cGPA 3.3 MCAT 27 (8/10/9).
Congrats! Thats interesting that they'd waitlist you first and then accept so soon after! I interviewed 3/10 and still haven't heard anything. Anyone else from 3/10 heard back or is everyone still waiting?

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats! Thats interesting that they'd waitlist you first and then accept so soon after! I interviewed 3/10 and still haven't heard anything. Anyone else from 3/10 heard back or is everyone still waiting?
Thanks! and good luck! I sent in a DO letter...don't know if that had something to do with it

Haven't heard anything yet either, interviewed 3/10, but I talked to Amber and she said that they are meeting today and we should hear back by today or early monday morning at the latest.

Members don't see this ad :)
Haven't heard anything yet either, interviewed 3/10, but I talked to Amber and she said that they are meeting today and we should hear back by today or early monday morning at the latest.

Waitlisted :shrug:

interviewed 4/1. waitlisted...

Not sure if this is a change from the waitlist email people received earlier in the cycle...but no LOI's or updates accepted anymore??

They emailed me to let me know. Amber said they would send decisions today and monday.

Just got wait listed, bummer. :/ Guess I will still keep fingers crossed for some hope.

Last year late in the cycle it seemed like they put everyone on wait list who interviewed recently then a week or two later pulled them off. So don't get discouraged if you get wait listed.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Last year they ranked them individually but they wouldn't tell us if we were 1 or 120.

After filing fafsa, has anyone received an award letter yet? Or any idea when we will receive it to apply for loans?

Apart from filing for fafsa and doing the health immunization forms is there anything else that we need to prepare?

After filing fafsa, has anyone received an award letter yet? Or any idea when we will receive it to apply for loans?

Apart from filing for fafsa and doing the health immunization forms is there anything else that we need to prepare?

Send transcripts? I sent mine months ago. Has anyone received a confirmation that they received them?

Thanks for the reminder. Did you get an award letter yet after doing your fafsa?

Thanks for the reminder. Did you get an award letter yet after doing your fafsa?

I didn't get anything after completing my FAFSA from Touro. I'm not sure either. I'll probably ask the Facebook group. There are a lot of upperclassmen that probably know.

Ok, I just re-read the financial aid email. It states:

"
STEP 4: Award Notification

The Touro College & University System is in the process of changing the 2014-2015 financial aid application process for all campuses. At this time you will not be required to complete a paper TUN Financial Aid Application for the 2014-2015 academic year. Once the OFA receives a valid FAFSA your financial aid eligibility will be determined and you will be notified via your TUN email that you have been awarded and you will be provided with instructions on how to accept your financial aid awards. These instructions will be sent out by June 1st.

Proceed to Step 5 to determine how much aid you need to accept."

So i assume we wait until June 1st.

Good luck to all the applicants. I have a nice, quiet 2 bedrooms and 2 baths condo that is only 2 minutes from Roseman Univ. and 12 minutes away from Touro University. The condo has upgraded amenities including: granite countertops, stainless steel appliances (stove, refrigerator, and microwave,) full-size washers and dryers. The community offers gated-controlled privacy and security 24/7, 2 swimming pools, fitness center, clubhouse, basketball court, and more. Rent will be$ 490.00 for the larger master bedroom which has a walk in closet. The second master bedroom will be $465.00. The place is furnished in the living and dining room (including couches, coffee table, dining table and chairs).

Please message or call/text 503-261-3593 or 714-210-9072 if you’re interested. Thanks.

I know that at the interview they said we are required to purchase a laptop from them. Are any of you planning on buying or bringing another laptop of your choice for your study or other uses? Or is that just pointless

Does anybody know if the waitlist has moved at all yet?

Immunomed, do you know in what order they pull off the waitlist? I was under the impression it was not ranked until June.

Yea, I was waitlisted on 4/11 roughly a month after interviewing. I called the admissions office today and they told me it is an "active waiting list" but they will not meet to rank individuals until June. What the hell does that mean? Is it a lotto system until then!? How else can they decide who to take off without ranking them?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I was waitlisted 4/11 as well and asked them the same question, and got the same answer. I tried to have her clarify a couple of times, but I still am not understanding how people are pulled off. I asked if it is ranked and she kept saying it was active and people get pulled off when spots open up. I have no idea what they are doing lol.

I actually have no idea how it works. I just waited and got off.

Hmmm either they have some other criteria they are not telling us (most likely), or they are throwing darts at a board full of our names.... Either way it's pretty shady.

Allot of schools don't rank their wait list. They probably have a preliminary wait list ranking that they will update in June after the last interview and just before the wait list starts moving. The MD wait list starts around May 15 then the DO wait lists start moving in June.

Howdy all! I've been reading the forum for a while and finally decided to sign up to become a member. For those discussing the waitlist, it is most probable that following the final interview date the admissions committee created a ranked list of applicants based on the overall aacomas app and interview evals. There is no random pulling, but instead whoever is on top of the list is chosen when a spot is available. I would not bother contacting the admissions office or sending any additional information. If you're waiting to hear back, don't let the suspense get to you and focus on what you have control over. The time will come when you hear back and worst case scenario, if you don't get in then accept it as a challenge to work on your application's weaknesses for the next cycle. With this said, if you interviewed late or were waitlisted, there is no reason to think you cannot be accepted unless you are officially notified you have been rejected. As an example, I applied late in the cycle (submitted my secondary in mid March), interviewed on 4/28, waitlisted on 5/9 and accepted on 5/13. My advice, be confident in your application and have some fun! If you've been accepted, are interested in renting in Henderson (ideally within a few miles of campus) along with another medical student and don't mind the company of an amazing ragdoll cat, feel free to contact me at 916-220-3529. :)

Reactions: 3 users
Did anyone that was waitlisted earlier in the cycle (before January) get an acceptance recently?

Hi all! Looking for 2 roommates to share a 4 bedroom recently built house. Gated community located about 2.4 miles from TUN. Walmart and Costco are about 5 minutes away. The living room and dining room will be furnished. Each room is $370 per month plus utilities. Washer and dryer are included. One garage parking is available and will be $20 extra. Please message or call/text 949-436-6517 if you are interested. Thanks!

Anyone doing the free summer anatomy course? Got an email yesterday that I got a spot.

Does anybody know when the waitlist will be ranked? They are killing me with the waiting.

I was just accepted off the waitlist on friday! Is there a facebook group?
*i found the facebook group*

Last edited:
When did you both interview?
Hi Launcelot,
I interviewed 2/26 and was waitlisted. Got accepted beginning of April. Just found out the other day I got a spot in the summer anatomy course.

For all those about to start, make sure you listen to Dr Qureshi & his advice on, not just COMLEX, but USMLE as well

If the BSF (Physio, BioChem, Histo) section is daunting - and for those who may not have majored in Bio it might be - do yourself a favour & read Dr Miller's Histo handouts before hand to get a good, basic overview before the actual Physio lectures, since those are some pretty nitty-gritty ones

And, as always, despite what administration may say.....Plan to take the USMLE

Good luck

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if it is possible to defer for a year if you are accepted off of the waitlist?

Well I recall Amber saying that it is not possible if you receive one of the two "standby spots" however if you are just taken off the wait list in general it is still not possible?

Anyone doing the free summer anatomy course? Got an email yesterday that I got a spot.

I got the email saying I got a spot too! I am just waiting for a confirmation before I finalize my living arrangements.

Has anyone heard anything regarding the student health insurance plans or the laptop purchasing? Thanks