Touro University - Nevada (TUNCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh no there are people on the Strip tonight because we finished a unit exam (tests all we learned up until last week) today. So there is a time and place. Get in a good place with time management and your life won't be all medical school.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Placed on the interview waitlist @_@
Supplemental Application Received 08/10/16

Members don't see this ad :)
Received this email, a bit nervous now. Anyone else receive this and then get an II?

"Thank you for your continued interest in Touro University Nevada! Your application is in the final review stage and soon you will be notified with the next decision"

Reactions: 1 user
Received this email, a bit nervous now. Anyone else receive this and then get an II?

"Thank you for your continued interest in Touro University Nevada! Your application is in the final review stage and soon you will be notified with the next decision"

When did you receive a complete email regarding letters?

Relax! I got this message on Friday and a II on Monday :)

There is a new dean at the school so the program is changing for better. He was from KCUMB-COM. He started February and is implementing a lot of changes. The DO2021 class will have all new curriculum for 1st and second year. The DO20s right now have some of the newer changes but mostly the old curriculum, however they will be under the new curriculum when they are 2nd years. It is going to system based I believe. Don't know all the details but good questions to ask. Also the new Dean is a #s guy and he wants our COMLEX scores up and better residency placement. Las Vegas sucks weather wise but lots of stuff is open 24 hours and you also have the strip to unwind after a test. The school, like I said, seems to be changing for the better and they do want you succeed. You will on your interview date have a chance to talk to 1st and 2nd year students with no staff listening in so ask your questions there and also on the tours if it is a student showing you around.

If I remember how they break down for the day: you have the first part as talks about the school why Touro, meet the Dean etc. Then you have 1/2 of the group go for interviews while the others on tours. Then you switch around. Interviews will be two faculty for I think 20 minutes. Sometimes they like to play bad cop, like why did you not take this course or that course etc, but if you have interviews in the first month it is really yours to throw. After the interview/tour you will all meet back up and the student panel will start and then they serve cheese pizza and soda/water. I was able to fly in the night before and flight out right after my interview with no issues.

Is it cheese pizza from Papa John's?:clap:

I also received this email today

I am starting to worry that one of my LORs is missing one of these: "All letters must be signed and contain the name, title, and contact information of the recommender to be valid."
Same. But didn't they say they would email us and inform us if one or more of our letters didn't meet the requirements?

Same. But didn't they say they would email us and inform us if one or more of our letters didn't meet the requirements?
They will notify you if your letters are missing something. They e mailed me for missing one letter.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmmm so I wonder if they're only notifying people of completion if they plan on sending II as of now? Has anyone been notified complete but has yet to receive an II?

I thought I read someone got wait listed a bit earlier. May have been another thread.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I just hate the guessing game of completion with DO schools, especially since I used interfolio directly and some schools had trouble getting my letters. With AMCAS at least you know you're complete once you send in your secondary.

Congrats to everyone getting II's today! I'm going to turn off my notifications though my neuroticism is growing lol.

Reactions: 1 users
II! Secondary submitted 8/9.

Do we have to email the admissions and ask them for a list of dates? They just sent me an email saying I've been invited, but that's it. The application portal's also empty

Do we have to email the admissions and ask them for a list of dates? They just sent me an email saying I've been invited, but that's it. The application portal's also empty
When did you get an email about LOR being completed and verified?

When did you get an email about LOR being completed and verified?
I never got a complete email. However I got that status update email ("Your application is in the final review stage and soon you will be notified with the next decision.") yesterday

I never got a complete email. However I got that status update email ("Your application is in the final review stage and soon you will be notified with the next decision.") yesterday
That gives me hope! I submitted on 8/8, so hopefully i will get the final review email soon!!! :xf::xf:

Just got "My application is in Review" email.

Yeah in the email I got you need to email admissions and they send you times/days and you pick.

Just got my app under review email. What if I have a LOR from a DO I shadowed with at TUN-COM that won't arrive for 3 weeks? Should I let them know I'll be sending one in? I don't want to be rejected before that comes in because I feel like they might look favorably on a LOR from their faculty.

I received an email on the 17 that said I was in the next stages of review. After hearing about all of these IIs being given out you can imagine that I got a little excited when I saw an email from TUN....
Unfortunately it was another email saying I was in the final stages of review.... Cruel joke Touro, cruel joke.

I received an email on the 17 that said I was in the next stages of review. After hearing about all of these IIs being given out you can imagine that I got a little excited when I saw an email from TUN....
Unfortunately it was another email saying I was in the final stages of review.... Cruel joke Touro, cruel joke.
Well at least you are not eliminated yet....

Under review!!!!

Never been more exited about being reviewed about something...

This has got to be a sick joke...really?!?!?

They couldn't think of using any other title?!?

vQWso2h.png

Reactions: 3 users
This has got to be a sick joke...really?!?!?

They couldn't think of using any other title?!?

vQWso2h.png

"YOU'RE INVITED"

*Heart skips a beat*

"To the TUN open house!"

*Dies inside*

Reactions: 5 users
Well..... Thats just mean. I wonder if not attending that open house will raise red flags to them.

Edit: I literally just got the same invite.

No way lol. I doubt anyone is traveling to Nevada just to attend an open house (if you're not already in the area).

Got that open house email too.

I mean, TUN, if I get a complementary interview at the open house, then I'd be thrilled to attend!

"YOU'RE INVITED"

*Heart skips a beat*

"To the TUN open house!"

*Dies inside*

I even knew what the email was because of these posts and when I just opened it I still got excited when I read "You're Invited"

Reactions: 2 users
Invited... For an open house lol.

I think they are trolling us applicant to reduce stress

Reading all those about the open house was quite comical.

That email probably means that we are not getting an II any time soon :(