Tufts C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interview invitations were sent out Jan 10ish. And we have the financial aid letter asking for financial aid applications AFTER we are invited for an interview but BEFORE Feb 1. It is Jan 22nd, if we do not have an interview invite but also don't have a rejection, what is happening here? Should we assume rejection given the late date? What are you all thinking?
I’m wondering the exact same thing. Out of curiosity, are you IS or OOS? I saw a lot of people posting about interviews are OOS

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
people who interviewed today, how was it?!

Reactions: 3 users
people who interviewed today, how was it?!
It was good! I especially liked it because I felt like my interviewers throughly read my application and drew really specific questions. Any idea how long is usually takes for them to send decisions after interviewing??

It was good! I especially liked it because I felt like my interviewers throughly read my application and drew really specific questions. Any idea how long is usually takes for them to send decisions after interviewing??
Last year after interviews decisions started on Feb 24th!

thanks for answering! did they ask you any behavioral questions or ask you how would you pay off your debt kinda questions? or why do you want to become a vet?

Did they ask you any questions regarding your "non animal personal statement?", I have some objects based on mine that I'd love to share if they ask about it.

Just finished my interview!! I was nervous ahead of time although I did prepare by doing mock interviews etc.. It was super fun and chill honestly! They asked me about my experiences and what they have taught me about vet med at large, and asked me a bit about my other interests (I talked about DND in my supplemental essay and they asked about that), and asked me one behavioral question: "Say you're doing a new clinical skill for the first time after learning it in lecture, how would you approach it". Fingers crossed it went as well as I felt it did :)

Reactions: 4 users
I would agree with all that was said before! Interviews were pretty chill and I honestly wasn't nervous after the first 10 mins because it was so conversational. There were a few ?s outta left field but nothing that I think most applicants couldn't handle. Just super random lol

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone have an update on what it means if we haven't heard. I am confused how interviews are currently happening but no one has gotten any rejections. Most schools are sending them out at the same time.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone have an update on what it means if we haven't heard. I am confused how interviews are currently happening but no one has gotten any rejections. Most schools are sending them out at the same time.
Agreed! I do not have an update but while hopeful, I can not imagine there is another wave of interviews coming?

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know when they’ll release decision?
Last year decisions started on Feb 24th so likely the third week of Feb or two weeks after interviews end (last day I think is Feb 9th)

So if we haven’t heard yet should we fill out the financial aid stuff?

a
So if we haven’t heard yet should we fill out the financial aid stuff?
agree - filling the financial aid stuff out is not a quick thing, I guess I'm thinking if I don't hear today I'm filling it out

I would agree with all that was said before! Interviews were pretty chill and I honestly wasn't nervous after the first 10 mins because it was so conversational. There were a few ?s outta left field but nothing that I think most applicants couldn't handle. Just super random lol
I agree! The interview was so so delightful! I have interviewed at other schools that had conversational interviews, and this one was the most pleasant and easy going. I think the questions being so unique and tailored to your application really allowed me to open up and have a great interview. Also this was the longest interview I have had thus far, and I think that really helped!

I agree! The interview was so so delightful! I have interviewed at other schools that had conversational interviews, and this one was the most pleasant and easy going. I think the questions being so unique and tailored to your application really allowed me to open up and have a great interview. Also this was the longest interview I have had thus far, and I think that really helped!
how long did it last for you? my longest so far has been 60 mins

Mine was 35 minutes on the dot. 30 minutes for them to ask me questions and five for me to ask them.
Mine was only about 25! I either talk super fast or they didnt have too many questions! I agree that it was super nice and conversational, definitely one of the best interview experiences I've had

Is it conversational in a way that you can ask them questions in the middle of it or should that be reserved for the very end?

Is it conversational in a way that you can ask them questions in the middle of it or should that be reserved for the very end?
They ask the major questions, but then ask smaller ones in between that it just sounds like a conversation/non intimidating interview. questions. it was super informal and definitely not stressful at all. they reserve time for questions at the end!

is there going to be another round of interviews? aka should I keep hope as someone that hasn't heard back??

is there going to be another round of interviews? aka should I keep hope as someone that hasn't heard back??
Apparently someone on facebook said that they emailed/contacted tufts and tufts said they were still looking through applications, so maybe another wave is coming?? Idk, I'm just going to tell myself another wave is to keep the hope alive haha.

IMG_9309.jpg

turned down my interview yesterday since I’m set on where I’m going already! Hopefully someone gets notified soon :)

Reactions: 1 users
So it sounds like there isn't another round of interview invites being sent out, just that those who weren't offered an interview are placed somewhere on a waitlist to be offered an interview if someone rejects their interview or is rejected afterwards :/

So if we haven’t heard anything we should assume a rejection? How do we know if we are on the interview waitlist?

finished my interview! ~30 minutes, there were a few standard interview questions, the rest of the questions were more tailored to my application, and there was time for me to ask two questions. overall i was happy with the interview and it was very conversational :)

finished my interview! ~30 minutes, there were a few standard interview questions, the rest of the questions were more tailored to my application, and there was time for me to ask two questions. overall i was happy with the interview and it was very conversational :)
Were the standard questions like why do you want to be a vet and etc?

OOS, finally got an update just now on my portal with a denial for interview! No email, it just appeared on my portal!

OOS, just got an email with a link to my portal for a rejection without interview

OOS rejection w/ out interview, but at least they’re doing file reviews !

Were the standard questions like why do you want to be a vet and etc?
some of the questions i got were: elaborate on your path through vet med, describe a time you faced a challenge/how you overcame, what kinds of challenges have you seen veterinarians face, how would you approach an academic struggle in vet school

OOS rejection; good luck to others! Starting to feel like this is not for me - we all have competitive applications, how can I financially justify another application cycle? :(

• Care
For anyone who wasn't at the Q&A last night, Ford Bennett said "somewhere in the February 20s at the earliest and first week of March at the latest" for decisions!

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone interviewing today gotten a Zoom link sent to them? I’ve yet to hear any follow up instructions but I interview in an hour

Hi all im a 2nd year at tufts lmao feel free to ask any questions!!!

Also are all interviews being held virtually again this year as well?

Hi all im a 2nd year at tufts lmao feel free to ask any questions!!!

Also are all interviews being held virtually again this year as well?

Hi! Could you provide any insight on the following:

1. Exam structure--how often and on which day of the week?
  2. Test questions are step based or prof’s own test to prep for step ?
  3. How much virtual vs in person
  4. Balancing research?
  5. Truly pass fail? Any internal grading
  6. Mandatory lectures?
  7. Where to live and cost and commute time to campus
thanks!!

Hi! Could you provide any insight on the following:

1. Exam structure--how often and on which day of the week?
  2. Test questions are step based or prof’s own test to prep for step ?
  3. How much virtual vs in person
  4. Balancing research?
  5. Truly pass fail? Any internal grading
  6. Mandatory lectures?
  7. Where to live and cost and commute time to campus
thanks!!
not to steal this, but just in case you want insight from a variety of people - current third-year.
also, there's a curriculum change for the incoming class. But as things are:

1. One exam per week on Fridays; in first year and first semester of second year, they try to do like three or four exams in a row, then a week off, and repeat.
2. Do you mean navle? I think step is the human medical school competency exam. But the professors just give exams based on their course materials in vet school.
3. We used to have live streaming; all non-required attendance lectures are recorded. in-person is suggested, but I almost never go.
4. I do -- so I've been working on a work-study project since first-year. It's not bad because my research area is my area of professional focus (wildlife) but I sort of make my own schedule to balance things.
5. We are not currently a pass-fail school, unless this is changing with the new curriculum. I wish we were though. We still get number grades and GPAs for most courses. Clinical skills, electives, and certain courses are designated pass/fail.
6. There are some mandatory lectures - usually problem-based learning, clinical reasoning style courses; ethics, communication, etc. If there are guest lecturers, attendance is typically required as well.
7. First-year I lived about 30 minutes away so I could have a flat and a fenced yard. It was fine, and I often miss it, but I couldn't swing rent anymore. So now I live ten minutes from school with multiple roommates for about half the price.

PHEWWW just finished my interview. It was exactly 30 min and they were very nice and great interviewers. There were a couple awkward pauses when I finished an answer and waited for them to respond so it felt less conversational but it wasn't bad. I'm sweating through my shirt.

• Care
Hello! OOS applicant with an interview in like 40 minutes, thank you all for the insight!! Very nervous but also kind of excited to see how it goes. Wishing you all the best of luck too!

• Care
I have my interview for Tufts tomorrow morning, and of course, last night I got food poisoning! I feel a tiny bit better today, but still very ill. I’m not sure what to do since I know this may only last 24 hours, but would it look better to email them now ahead of time and see if I could maybe reschedule, or just wait until the day of to judge? I know if I feel like this tomorrow, there’s no way i’ll perform my best (if I can even get out of bed lol). Please let me know your thoughts or if anyone has rescheduled an interview before, thanks!!

• Care
Just finished my interview and I am also very sweaty 😭 Overall I was really happy with the interview! Super conversational and I actually was able to ask some smaller questions in between while they did the same. Plus, most of the questions were really tailored to my application in particular which was cool. The only question that I wasn't as prepared for was "tell me about a time you experienced failure and how you dealt with that". They asked about my gap year, research I did, specific points in my personal statement and elaborating on that, rock climbing (since I wrote the extra essay on that) and personal growth through that, how my experiences taught me time management and how I can apply things to vet school, etc.

Overall very pleased - it went so much better than my other interview a week ago!! Definitely lean into it and let your inner personality shine :)

I have my interview for Tufts tomorrow morning, and of course, last night I got food poisoning! I feel a tiny bit better today, but still very ill. I’m not sure what to do since I know this may only last 24 hours, but would it look better to email them now ahead of time and see if I could maybe reschedule, or just wait until the day of to judge? I know if I feel like this tomorrow, there’s no way i’ll perform my best (if I can even get out of bed lol). Please let me know your thoughts or if anyone has rescheduled an interview before, thanks!!
Personally I feel like emailing ahead and explaining the situation would be great, so then you know if rescheduling is even an option. Plus then if you can't they already understand that you aren't feeling your best. It also seems more proactive than just trying to wait in case you do feel bad tomorrow.

I agree with the proactive sentiment. Better to reach out just to warn them and see what they say now!
They asked about my gap year
My gap year was brought up but barely - I honestly wish mine asked more about what I do now during my gap year but a lot of my questions were focused on the future especially after graduating.
So cool that you rock climb! The climbing scene is pretty decent in Worcester afaik and there are some good places outdoors if you travel a bit

anyone know how many people they interview vs accept? I know there were 1300 applications for 130 spots. I am getting so antsy waiting for decisions