Tufts C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS alternate. It was discouraging reading where they said most people accept their offer so I'm really hoping something changes after April 15th.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
I’ll be declining an OOS seat. Hopefully someone receives good news soon!

Reactions: 3 users
Does tufts give you access to Microsoft office programs like OneNote?

Edit: was told yes!!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
For all those that are alternates, 2 years ago the waitlist didn’t move before April 15th. They over admit quite a bit of students so even if some people decline their seat, they don’t dip into the alternate pool that much. I was pulled off the alternate list in July. I know of one other person in my class that was too around the same time. To my knowledge we were the only ones pulled from the alternate list. I know that all sounds discouraging, but don’t give up hope! I had given up hope and in July got off two waitlists so it is possible! I would also recommend all those waitlisted do an application review with Ford because he gives you good information!

Hi guys!! does anyone know when in march the institutional financial aid package comes out?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
so I didn’t apply for the scholarship applications due 2/1 , does that mean I have no shot at receiving any money from them :,(

so I didn’t apply for the scholarship applications due 2/1 , does that mean I have no shot at receiving any money from them :,(

I think it just means you might not get your financial package before April 15th but I’m not 100% sure

Can any previous OOS students talk about their experience at Tufts? Including housing, managing finances, classes. Is there any time to work? What are some good resources for housing? Thanks and congrats to everyone for applying! It is not an easy process.

Declining my seat. Good luck to everyone 🩺

Can any previous OOS students talk about their experience at Tufts? Including housing, managing finances, classes. Is there any time to work? What are some good resources for housing? Thanks and congrats to everyone for applying! It is not an easy process.
  • Housing - There's a Facebook page where people list apartments for rent + looking for roommates, along with a class page. There used to be a housing page managed by Tufts, but I'm not sure if they've done away with that - it was rarely updated during my first year; but that's how I found both of my apartments throughout my time at school. Being OOS as well, it was def easier to start looking earlier rather than later.
  • Managing finances - tricky. I'm a work-study student, and that helps a little. I had to apply for some forms of external aid too. I'm happy to discuss that more privately if needed. There is time to work - I had a job at the hospital second year.
  • Classes - they're starting a new curriculum with the V28s. But in case it's still similar, there were fewer classes first year - largely based in anatomy and physiology. Everyone balances it differently; I often relied on lecture recordings so I could focus on one subject at a time. I don't think I ever quite figured out a system for myself, but I still made it through didactics. Best advice, though cliche - it's a marathon, not a spring. It's just.. sometimes you'll be sprinting during the marathon.

Reactions: 2 users
when should we expect to hear from admissions if we get pulled off the waitlist? is it not until after April 15th?

• Housing - There's a Facebook page where people list apartments for rent + looking for roommates, along with a class page. There used to be a housing page managed by Tufts, but I'm not sure if they've done away with that - it was rarely updated during my first year; but that's how I found both of my apartments throughout my time at school. Being OOS as well, it was def easier to start looking earlier rather than later.
  • Managing finances - tricky. I'm a work-study student, and that helps a little. I had to apply for some forms of external aid too. I'm happy to discuss that more privately if needed. There is time to work - I had a job at the hospital second year.
  • Classes - they're starting a new curriculum with the V28s. But in case it's still similar, there were fewer classes first year - largely based in anatomy and physiology. Everyone balances it differently; I often relied on lecture recordings so I could focus on one subject at a time. I don't think I ever quite figured out a system for myself, but I still made it through didactics. Best advice, though cliche - it's a marathon, not a spring. It's just.. sometimes you'll be sprinting during the marathon.
Would you be willing to share the link to the Facebook group for housing? Thank you

when should we expect to hear from admissions if we get pulled off the waitlist? is it not until after April 15th?
Spoke with them today. You won't here anything until after April 15th for both the in state and out of state waitlist.

Members don't see this ad :)
Jw has anyone ever been exempted from having to fulfill a prereq when admitted?

Is Tufts Vet school pass/fail grades or still traditional letter grades?
traditional letter grades for most didactic courses at this time; certain courses are pass/fail, but not too many

Jw has anyone ever been exempted from having to fulfill a prereq when admitted?
nope; I was a few weeks shy of finishing my last pre-req before vet school started, and I had to finish it online during my first semester of vet school.

nope; I was a few weeks shy of finishing my last pre-req before vet school started, and I had to finish it online during my first semester of vet school.
Do you know if Tufts has a date that prereqs are due? Were you given an extension or do they just need to be finished by the time class begin? I just found out where I was going to take my last prereq, Orgo 2, isn’t accepted, so now I have to take it over the summer and I’m terrified the class will be finished too late and tufts will rescind my acceptance

Do you know if Tufts has a date that prereqs are due? Were you given an extension or do they just need to be finished by the time class begin? I just found out where I was going to take my last prereq, Orgo 2, isn’t accepted, so now I have to take it over the summer and I’m terrified the class will be finished too late and tufts will rescind my acceptance
I would check in with Patty. While my situation wasn’t common, it wasn’t unheard of - I don’t know if I received a formal extension, but I did need to send a transcript at the end of it. And I finished the class mid-September, like I think I finished it the week before my first vet school midterm or something like that. A caveat - they may have been more lenient as the world was still in Covid mode at that point - so I’d touch base with her and see what the current policy is.

i have a quick question about financial aid. does filling out the CSS, FAFSA somehow bind us to tufts? i am not 100% committed, but i would like to know what financial aid would look like before i decide

i have a quick question about financial aid. does filling out the CSS, FAFSA somehow bind us to tufts? i am not 100% committed, but i would like to know what financial aid would look like before i decide
I'm pretty sure nothing binds you until you
accept an offer because most financial aid requires enrollment verification.

Has anyone had a phone appointment with the admissions team regarding feedback on their application? If so, was it helpful? I’d like to get in touch to see how I can improve my application for next cycle

Has anyone had a phone appointment with the admissions team regarding feedback on their application? If so, was it helpful? I’d like to get in touch to see how I can improve my application for next cycle
Yes! I applied for the early admission program back when I was a sophomore and was denied and I met with admissions and they gave me really good insight into my application and why I was denied and I was able to improve apon a lot of things when applying this cycle and I was admitted

Declined my OOS seat...hopefully someone on the waitlist gets some good news :)

I saw some people talk about how generous tufts is with financial aid. Is this generally true?? I’m working on discussing my award package with the fa office atm. I didn’t expect to get much, but I also didn’t expect to get nothing… They said it’s based on assets which makes me more confused in how I (even w my mom) wasn’t eligible. The school is way too expensive not to get any aid 😭 I’m scared lol

Last edited:
I saw some people talk about how generous tufts is with financial aid. Is this generally true?? I’m working on discussing my award package with the fa office atm. I didn’t expect to get much, but I also didn’t expect to get nothing… They said it’s based on assets which makes me more confused in how I (even w my mom) wasn’t eligible. The school is way too expensive not to get any aid 😭 I’m scared lol
unfortunately, this is not true for me, or for my close circle of friends here. and i receive federal aid to help make end's meet.
that said, i can't speak to the experiences of other people.

Tufts gave me an estimate for a $10,000 grant, which while generous and I am grateful for, is still less than what Minnesota offered me, and UMN OOS tuition is almost $10k less than Tufts IS. I am likely to decline my seat at Tufts at this point (though not entirely certain), so hopefully that $10k can be allocated elsewhere.

I guess I missed the deadline for the form to request a financial aid estimate and didn't receive an email on saturday. Is there any way I can still get an estimate.? It's the main thing holding me up on committing.

I guess I missed the deadline for the form to request a financial aid estimate and didn't receive an email on saturday. Is there any way I can still get an estimate.? It's the main thing holding me up on committing.
I would email them! In my experience the financial aid office responds quick.

are you guys talking about FAFSA or the Inlclusive Excellence scholarship? Im international and applied and did not get anything :( did everyone get some financial aid?

Also I'm so surprised they don't do recruitment scholarships for first years!?

are you guys talking about FAFSA or the Inlclusive Excellence scholarship? Im international and applied and did not get anything :( did everyone get some financial aid?

Also I'm so surprised they don't do recruitment scholarships for first years!?
My estimated financial aid included a "Cummings School Grant", the IS tuition subsidy, and expected federal loans. This all would have come from my FAFSA info and the CSS application.

someone mentioned they got it on the groupme…not sure if that means the scholarship offers have all been sent out?

The same thing happened to me. I called them and they were very accommodating! I'd just make sure to get your documents ASAP

Hello. I am curious about the rental market. I started looking online and see that most places in Worcester and neighboring towns have multiple applications already reported in the listing. How competitive is this rental market for Tufts vet students? Also I see a lot of places require that income must be 3 times the rent. That is obviously not going to be the case of a vet student. How does this all work? This would be my first time renting.

Hello. I am curious about the rental market. I started looking online and see that most places in Worcester and neighboring towns have multiple applications already reported in the listing. How competitive is this rental market for Tufts vet students? Also I see a lot of places require that income must be 3 times the rent. That is obviously not going to be the case of a vet student. How does this all work? This would be my first time renting.
I’ve been living in Worcester for the last four years for undergrad and at least in my experience it tends to be competitive (RE: signing up for leases very far in advance) though there is a ton of housing so you should be able to find something just might not be the best location or the cheapest. In terms of the leases that say like 3x income or whatever most people I know co-sign on the leases with their parents or use their parents income when applying, and then pay it themselves. Not exactly sure what people do without a co-signer but maybe it is not taken that seriously? unsure

Facebook is a rly good resource for housing. I prefer it to websites like apartments.com or any realtor sites, but I am more comfortable living in apartment houses than complexes or buildings and those tend to be more official online I think. There is a Tufts housing fb group where students and landlords post available leases coming up. There is also a group for the general Worcester area. I find the landlords that rent to students (vet or other from surrounding colleges) tend to be more casual/relaxed in their requirements (i.e. no credit check, no income check, allow pets, etc.). I lived in Worcester for undergrad too and it was competitive, but that was for places directly around our campus. In my time looking for Tufts housing I feel like it's been hard only because leases tend to open up a month or two ahead of time, so it was hard finding availability for July/August in March. But the fb group is becoming more active and will likely blow up more closer to summer. Also, when I was renting in Worcester I found a lot of places were much cheaper, but they were also kind grimey feeling. Maybe that was just my experience, though. Do some digging and you'll find your place. Seems like lots of students live in Millbury as well.

Yes I second this on the lease timing thing i’ve yet to be able to find a good apartment near the area because everyone keeps saying they want someone to move in April/May

Does anyone know if grants are renewable for all four years or if it just applies to first years?

This is not accurate in my experience with my friends who are first years. I was denied but they both got grants last year (unsure of the amount) and one of them had a tuition bill of almost 90k for the first year which included everything in it. It’s hit or miss

Not exactly sure what people do without a co-signer but maybe it is not taken that seriously? unsure
So, I don't have a co-signer or anything like that - I just rent a house with other students that go to Tufts. My landlord didn't require income or anything like that in the lease because they know they're renting to students. I rented a different house first-year that I eventually got priced out of, but they didn't require an income statement or co-signer or anything like that either.
Do you guys have a Facebook group set up for your class yet? And if you search Tufts Housing on facebook there should be groups that pop up as well. There used to be a separate webpage with listings but I think that's been discontinued.

Complexes can be significantly different than renting houses/flats in the student neighborhood, though, and that's where people can run into trouble. I know when I was looking for a place a couple of years ago, some complexes were like $2k for a one-bedroom - there are more affordable options that that. And as a heads up, many complexes also have breed restrictions - that's something I ran into with my husky.

Does anyone know if grants are renewable for all four years or if it just applies to first years?
When I talked to Suzanne in financial aid I asked if I could be reassessed for grant eligibility in future years should my financial situation change. She said yes and I would have to fill everything out again. So this probably doesn’t answer your question, but I take it that it’s renewable but the amount could change.

I’ll be declining my OOS seat today! I hope someone gets some amazing news soon :) Good luck to all my fellow future vets 🤍

To all of the people who are accepted to Tufts, how are you all going on with looking for accomodations? Do you recommend any good websites to look for rents? When do you aim to finish this by?

How are you all planning to commute to the school as well?

To all of the people who are accepted to Tufts, how are you all going on with looking for accomodations? Do you recommend any good websites to look for rents? When do you aim to finish this by?

How are you all planning to commute to the school as well?
I found my housing through the Tufts DVM/MPH housing Facebook group, you just have to be really quick about reaching out. There are often good finds on Facebook Marketplace rentals in my experience, but later move in dates may not be posted yet. My place isn't too far from campus, but I'm bringing my car anyways to get around the area.

Has anyone received a financial package yet based on FAFSA if you did not file the CSS?

Declining my IS seat for LMU! It’s such a weird feeling to decline the school that has been my top choice FOREVER, but 🤷🏻‍♀️ hope someone gets good news soon!!🫶🏻

• Care
Just declined my IS for UMN! They offered me a scholarship I'd be silly to turn down and I really just fell in love with the program. Super weird feeling as a non-traditional student who moved to Boston specifically to get MA residency for Tufts. Also hoping someone gets some good news soon! :xf:

• Care
Reactions: 3 users