Tuskegee c/o 2018 Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm not sure they mean application year, but rather graduating vet school year in that last part. I could be wrong, and I hope I am for your sake; however, a couple months ago, Amy sent out an email reminding us to make sure we had the required animal science class by the end of spring semester. You could probably email her and find out for sure. Best of luck.

Hmm, I will e-mail Amy. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hmm, I will e-mail Amy. Thanks!

No problem. Sorry I don't have a concrete answer to help you out.

Hopefully we all hear something back soon. I don't know about y'all, but for me any news will be welcome at this point. Just sitting around waiting can be worse than a no sometimes.

No problem. Sorry I don't have a concrete answer to help you out.

Hopefully we all hear something back soon. I don't know about y'all, but for me any news will be welcome at this point. Just sitting around waiting can be worse than a no sometimes.

Agreed. Did you apply anywhere else? And is this your first time applying?

Members don't see this ad :)
Agreed. Did you apply anywhere else? And is this your first time applying?

I only applied to Tuskegee this year. Last year I applied to Tuskegee and a couple other schools.

What about you? Is this your first year applying? Did you apply to additional schools?

Last edited:
The website is back up, but still no update on the statuses.

I wanted to be offended because I'm Southern, but it's too true.

I got a call like that last week. As far as I know, Mr. Suliman (which I'm pretty sure was his name) was just checking that we are planning on taking our pre-requisite courses. If your call was like mine, it was very abrupt and confusing and hard to understand.

Was your phone call about an animal science pre-req?

Yeah, I haven't completed either of the required animal science courses and he was making sure that I planned to enroll.

Oh ok maybe the calls are just about animal science courses. I almost had another mini heart attack. First being when I clicked my bookmark for the application site and it popped up lol

Oh ok maybe the calls are just about animal science courses. I almost had another mini heart attack. First being when I clicked my bookmark for the application site and it popped up lol
Yep, I believe that's all it is. My heart's about worn out. This is my 2nd time applying so I've been kinda desensitized by all of the phone calls and emails between last year and now. This is my first time applying to Tuskegee, though, so hopefully all will go well :).

With interviews less then 3 weeks away...I hope we hear by tomorrow. That's still not enough time to prepare myself mentally, let alone emotionally, physically, etc lol

Trust me, I know... But I'm sure you'll do fine! Do you have any other interviews or did you apply anywhere else? I just heard back from Auburn yesterday for an interview in two weeks, so Tuskegee isn't the only school cutting it close.

Trust me, I know... But I'm sure you'll do fine! Do you have any other interviews or did you apply anywhere else? I just heard back from Auburn yesterday for an interview in two weeks, so Tuskegee isn't the only school cutting it close.

Thanks! This is my first application cycle so I'm really nervous. I applied to UGA, but they don't interview.

Thought for sure we'd hear by today, dang it!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! This is my first application cycle so I'm really nervous. I applied to UGA, but they don't interview.
They don't, but they do call your references, so you know you're still in the running if they've contacted them. I was an alternate last year... that didn't go anywhere, but I'm hopeful for a new year. Good luck!

I emailed Amy and she said that invites will be sent out through email this upcoming week no later than the end of January. Interviews will be held the 3rd or 4th week of February. If no interview is granted you will get an official letter through snail mail.

Reactions: 1 users
Lol... no worries, you guys, before February, we will hear something this week!

I haven't even been bothering with the status page hardly. I mean, if they were going to use it, you would think they would have been doing so for the last few months :\

I haven't even been bothering with the status page hardly. I mean, if they were going to use it, you would think they would have been doing so for the last few months :\

You should definitely check your status page. If you get an interview, it will show up on it. You will also have to submit your choices for the days you'd like your interview to be on through that page. Last year, I saw my status change on that page before getting the email invite the following morning. Best of luck you guys!

Reactions: 1 user
The school is closed tomorrow too. Guess we'll have to wait until Friday :corny:

The school is closed tomorrow too. Guess we'll have to wait until Friday :corny:
Guess that's what happens when you procrastinate...a snow storm comes through and shuts you down!

This must be some slow form of torture meant to toughen us up and weed out the weak before school starts...

Has anyone heard anything yet?

Not yet. I have this nagging feeling that we won't hear any thing until Monday.

I have the same feeling, but mine is more of a "within the next two weeks" type of deal. I'm kind of glad to have this looming over my head to distract me from other schools that are currently in the process of making their decisions. But, then again, it would be nice to know something now.

I just emailed Amy..She said because of the winter weather, the school was closed for 3 days and we won't find out about interviews until next week.

I was called today because I didn't have an animal science class and they told me that the emails for interviews would be sent on Monday. Let's hope that we don't have to wait too much longer.

I was called today because I didn't have an animal science class and they told me that the emails for interviews would be sent on Monday. Let's hope that we don't have to wait too much longer.
I got a call, too. Are you taking a correspondence course? Did they ask you to provide proof of enrollment at the time of your interview?

Yes I'm taking animal science at oklahoma state corespondence. They offer the class for about $750. I signed up today and hope to get started next week. Once you enroll you can request proof of enrollment to be sent that's what I did today. But they did basically say I had an interview. Un officially I guess until Monday.
I got a call, too. Are you taking a correspondence course? Did they ask you to provide proof of enrollment at the time of your interview?

They are seriously cutting it close for anyone who will have to take time off work and/or travel.

Any other Kentucky residents out there?

Yes I'm taking animal science at oklahoma state corespondence. They offer the class for about $750. I signed up today and hope to get started next week. Once you enroll you can request proof of enrollment to be sent that's what I did today. But they did basically say I had an interview. Un officially I guess until Monday.
I'm taking Animal Science and Nutrition from Oklahoma State. Also correspondence courses. I wasn't aware that you could get proof of enrollment, so good deal! The classes are easy so far, by the way, but if you're taking ANSI 1124B, the assignments are quite lengthy.

Stalking this thread & my email all day.

Don't know if everyone noticed, but on the status page, they changed the interview dates.

Okay, you guys. I just received ANOTHER phone call asking if I am enrolled in an Animal Science course. Where can I take it online??? I think I heard Oklahoma State University? What about Purdue? I need to take it online bc I don't think anywhere around where I am offers it (I am in Southern Indiana).

Oklahoma has a correspondence course which means that you can work at your own pace. Purdue, as far as I know, does not offer correspondence, but only online courses that you take during the school year so you couldn't enroll since their classes have already started (not 100% sure about this). In my opinion, your best bet will be Oklahoma State... you can enroll any time, it's cheaper, and you don't have to apply to the school. You submit your assignments through email and they mail your exams to your exam proctor (a college professor, etc.) after you request them. I am taking animal science courses through their program, so let me know if you have any questions.

Oklahoma has a correspondence course which means that you can work at your own pace. Purdue, as far as I know, does not offer correspondence, but only online courses that you take during the school year so you couldn't enroll since their classes have already started (not 100% sure about this). In my opinion, your best bet will be Oklahoma State... you can enroll any time, it's cheaper, and you don't have to apply to the school. You submit your assignments through email and they mail your exams to your exam proctor (a college professor, etc.) after you request them. I am taking animal science courses through their program, so let me know if you have any questions.
Could you send me the information I need to enroll in the Oklahoma State course? I think I found where it's located on the website but the link isn't working? Thanks for your help!

For some reason, the jeopardy theme song is caught in my head... strange.

Congrats futurehorsedoc! I think they're still working on updates, so hold tight DVK!

DVK my roommate is also applying and hers hasn't changed yet. My last name starts with a b so maybe they're going alphabetically. I'm sure they're just getting started!
I didn't get an email. I just saw it because I've been checking a bit too obsessively

DVK my roommate is also applying and hers hasn't changed yet. My last name starts with a b so maybe they're going alphabetically. I'm sure they're just getting started!
I didn't get an email. I just saw it because I've been checking a bit too obsessively

Hmmm, I'm in the K's..

I wanted so bad to just sleep this day away & not obsess.

I received an email and status change!!!

I got the call this morning about the prereqs, but no update yet. I'm hopeful because why bother call someone youre going to reject anyhow, but won't believe it until it's in my inbox

Where do the status update at on the page?

I also received the phone call today about the pre-reqs but no e-mail regarding an interview and no status change. I agree lotl101, why bother calling someone who isn't still in the running?