Tuskegee CVM c/o 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

QuinVet

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn’t see a thread for Tuskegee this year so I made one! I am a SC contract applicant applying for the second time. I had my interview with Tuskegee on Monday!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on the interview! Do you mind going into detail about how the interview process went for you?

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats on the interview! Do you mind going into detail about how the interview process went for you?
The interview lasted for an hour-it was over zoom. They sent the zoom link a few days before my interview. Definitely make sure you have a familiarity with Zoom. My internet wasn’t cooperating on my laptop so I had to jump onto my phone and use that l. They had a set list of questions to ask. I work as a veterinary technician full time so one of the questions went in depth about certain diseases. They asked multiple questions and follow up questions to those questions. Make sure you have questions to ask them at the end and have some knowledge of the school and your application. Hope this helps -and was enough detail!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Also from SC but don’t qualify for a contract seat as I’ve just moved to the state — I had my interview with them last Tuesday! It was honestly a fun and comfortable interview for me, I’m not sure if you met with the same women as me. They said we should be hearing back early December so fingers crossed 😅

I am an OOS from Florida and my interview is tomorrow! So nervous but excited.

No one has heard anything, right? I know they said 1st week of December I’m just making sure I haven’t missed anything!

No one has heard anything, right? I know they said 1st week of December I’m just making sure I haven’t missed anything!
I haven't heard from anyone yet. But looking at previous comments of people who have interviewed in November, I am starting to doubt myself.

I haven't heard from anyone yet. But looking at previous comments of people who have interviewed in November, I am starting to doubt myself.
Are you saying you haven’t been invited to interview yet? Or you interviewed and haven’t heard anything?

I have not been invited to interview.
I wouldn’t stress yet! There is still plenty of time In This cycle. It’s not over till it’s over. I wish you the best!

OOS applicant, are they still primarily doing interviews?
They are doing interviews. When I talked to admissions I think that are doing more the first week in January. They invited me for interview a few days before my interview and it was virtual.

Has anyone who interviewed already heard back? Latest email had mentioned we would know before winter break but their break started today.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who interviewed already heard back? Latest email had mentioned we would know before winter break but their break started today.
I interviewed in November and I have not heard back. I’ve heard conflicting things about whether we would hear back now or in February

I interviewed in November and I have not heard back. I’ve heard conflicting things about whether we would hear back now or in February
I also interviewed in November, and at the end of my interview was told we’d hear back in early December. Then we got that email on the 7th saying before Christmas Break so I had high hopes for today 😂 but February is probably more realistic so they can finish interviewing everyone.

Good luck y’all! I’m a current first year, I was an SC contract applicant last year. Feel free to message me if you have any questions

Good luck y’all! I’m a current first year, I was an SC contract applicant last year. Feel free to message me if you have any questions
I do have a question! We were sent an email saying that those that interviewed would be able to know our admission status before Christmas break. Do you know if that is still true or we have to wait until February for decisions. I just tried to call admissions and didn’t get an answer.

Hey! Does anyone know how to send updated fall 2021 transcripts? Not sure how to include email through clearinghouse.

I do have a question! We were sent an email saying that those that interviewed would be able to know our admission status before Christmas break. Do you know if that is still true or we have to wait until February for decisions. I just tried to call admissions and didn’t get an answer.
Tuskegee is already closed for break so you’ll most likely hear in the new year. Last year I got my acceptance in early January though, so it may not be a long wait! I know the waiting is the worst part lol

Just got an email! OOS acceptance, happy holidays!

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats! Nothing here yet

Has anybody heard anything? Slowly freaking out since someone has already gotten an acceptance.

Has anybody heard anything? Slowly freaking out since someone has already gotten an acceptance.
I think even some people that have already interviewed haven't heard anything. Im still also waiting to hear back whether i got an interview. I think they said we'll hear back this week

I interviewed in November and haven’t heard back yet.

I received a call from James Perry today and was offered an interview!

I have tried calling admissions to see if we are still getting an update post interview and both times I’ve called no one answered.

I have tried calling admissions to see if we are still getting an update post interview and both times I’ve called no one answered.
I just tried calling as well and also got no answer. I guess it’s just a waiting game!

How do they send interview invites? Is it through email or do they call or both? I’m stressed, if I don’t hear anything this week, should I assume that I didn’t get an interview?

How do they send interview invites? Is it through email or do they call or both? I’m stressed, if I don’t hear anything this week, should I assume that I didn’t get an interview?
I was at work when they reached out for my interview so I got a phone call, 2 emails, and a text message. Don’t lose hope yet!

Okay thank you, I’m sitting here wondering if they give calls out alphabetically at this point 😂😂 Waiting is by far the hardest part for me.

Has anyone instate gotten an interview yet?

Has anyone heard anything today? I hate this waiting game.

Last edited:
I had my interview yesterday and similar to what others have said, it was definitely stress free! I was interviewed by two professors and they were extremely personable. They really just want to get to know you. I didn’t get any questions regarding my strengths/weaknesses or about euthanasia. I was also told that Jessica Stoneback is no longer with Tuskegee so James Perry is the sole operator of admissions so they may just be short-staffed which is why some of you may have not heard back yet.

Reactions: 2 users
That’s awesome info, thank you. Makes me feel a little bit better. Glad to hear your interview went well and good luck to you!! 🎉

Check your emails, looks like we have admission updates!

Check your emails, looks like we have admission updates!
Well, just letting us know they are still working on it. I got a little too excited when I saw the email hoping it was finally an interview invite hahahah

Well, just letting us know they are still working on it. I got a little too excited when I saw the email hoping it was finally an interview invite hahahah
Ah sorry about that 😅 but hey at least they finally gave a timeframe!

Ah sorry about that 😅 but hey at least they finally gave a timeframe!
I just got another email, and I think I just got an interview invite tho??? They asked me to select some days and times

Any current/past students (or anyone else) know what the curriculum is like at Tuskegee? I couldn't really find much online, but I think I read they do 2 years lectures/lab and 2 years clinicals, so not sure if that's correct or not. And just overall how are the classes, professors, and if they have a good selection of electives.

Any info is appreciated, as I haven't been able to find much on Tuskegee!

I just got another email, and I think I just got an interview invite tho??? They asked me to select some days and times
That’s awesome! Congratulations!! I was told the same and just asked for their availability and took whatever opening they had.

Any current/past students (or anyone else) know what the curriculum is like at Tuskegee? I couldn't really find much online, but I think I read they do 2 years lectures/lab and 2 years clinicals, so not sure if that's correct or not. And just overall how are the classes, professors, and if they have a good selection of electives.

I too would like to know. I did find a google drive that someone created of pros/cons of all the vet schools (Tuskegee included), unsure of how accurate it is but I’ll provide the link.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MZ0EjyIzs_prCeRxg5iFfHBOhphg_wWsDy2y60eM7eM/edit?usp=sharing

That’s correct. 2 years of lectures. 3rd year is junior surgery and lectures and 4th year will be rotations. The schedules are already set so 1st-3rd, you don’t pick your courses. But you set your 4th year schedule regarding rotations. Classes are typically 8-4 or 4:30 if your evening class is a lab and we get a lunch break from 12-1. Lectures are 50 mins.

That’s correct. 2 years of lectures. 3rd year is junior surgery and lectures and 4th year will be rotations. The schedules are already set so 1st-3rd, you don’t pick your courses. But you set your 4th year schedule regarding rotations. Classes are typically 8-4 or 4:30 if your evening class is a lab and we get a lunch break from 12-1. Lectures are 50 mins.
Oh cool, thanks for the info!

Has anyone heard anything? I saw on Twitter some people got accepted last month. Any OOS people have any updates?

Have any instate applicants been offered an interview? Does Tuskegee have a set number of spots for instate and out of state?
Thanks!

Has anyone heard anything? I saw on Twitter some people got accepted last month. Any OOS people have any updates?

Where did you get the info on twitter? I never thought to look there.

Where did you get the info on twitter? I never thought to look there.
I think some people interviewed before the new year? So makes sense if some people heard back already I guess

I think some people interviewed before the new year? So makes sense if some people heard back already I guess
I interviewed before the new year but I’m technically instate because of SC. And for Twitter just some people talking and expressing.