Virginia-Maryland CVM (VA-MD) c/o 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

charleyhorse

Reaction score
Hi all!
I didn't see a Virginia-Maryland thread out there. Correct me if I'm wrong! Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all!
I didn't see a Virginia-Maryland thread out there. Correct me if I'm wrong! Good luck to everyone!

I was just about to start this haha! OOS second time applicant. Waitlisted down to #9 last year so hopefully this is my cycle! VMCVM is my top choice!

• Love
I was looking for this thread today! First time OOS applicant

Members don't see this ad :)
I am a first time OOS applicant as well. I am from Florida :)

Hey there!
I'm a second time IS applicant so hopefully this is my year! Last year I was waitlisted which was a bummer.

• Love
Hi all!! Second time OOS applicant, waitlisted last year. Hopefully we hear soon!

• Love
Good luck y’all! There are a few of us current students around if you have any questions :D

Reactions: 2 users
Good luck to everyone applying!!! Current third year student, feel free to reach out with any questions :cat:

OOS, first time applicant. Good luck everyone!

1st time IS applicant!!! December can’t come soon enough!

2nd time applicant. WV contract student hopeful. Waitlisted last cycle. Hopefully this is my year! Lol. Good luck to all other applicants! Waiting is the worst part!

anyone have any guesses on when we’ll hear in december? i’m getting anxious!!

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone have any guesses on when we’ll hear in december? i’m getting anxious!!

I’m hoping within the first week… last year they went out 12/3 but I don’t know if the deadline extension will push it later. I hope they stay with 12/3!

2nd cycle, 1st time OOS here. This is my first choice school!

Last edited:
Happy December! I can't believe it is already December, we could be hearing back from VMCVM anytime now as they said early Dec. in their email.

Reactions: 5 users
I guess we are looking at next week then!

Maybe today? Does anybody have any insider info? lol

I feel like “early December” means before the 10th, so it has to be this week at the latest (trying to manifest lol)

Reactions: 4 users
Called. They said they are trying to get it done by Friday, but no later than December 15th!

Reactions: 15 users
In one of their newsletters I read that there was 1899 applicants this year

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Anybody know approximately of the 1889 applicants are in-state applicants?

How many in-state get invited for an interview?

I wanna say like 150? Something like 80-90 VA, 60-70 MD and a small number of WV (10-15 maybe?)

I don't remember exactly, but your chances of getting an interview as an in-state student are much higher than as an out of state student because there is a better seat to applicant ratio. (Like 50% vs. 10% rough ballpark).

If you do get to an interview, I think historically your chances of getting in as an in-state student are something like 60%+ as a VA student, and maybe like 40-50% as an MD student depending on the exact breakdown of interview invites? As a VA student, I remember thinking to myself: "I only need to interview better than one third of the people here!" It made me feel better and lowered my stress level during the interview. :laugh:

Reactions: 3 users
I wanna say like 150? Something like 80-90 VA, 60-70 MD and a small number of WV (10-15 maybe?)

I don't remember exactly, but your chances of getting an interview as an in-state student are much higher than as an out of state student because there is a better seat to applicant ratio. (Like 50% vs. 10% rough ballpark).

If you do get to an interview, I think historically your chances of getting in as an in-state student are something like 60%+ as a VA student, and maybe like 40-50% as an MD student depending on the exact breakdown of interview invites? As a VA student, I remember thinking to myself: "I only need to interview better than one third of the people here!" It made me feel better and lowered my stress level during the interview.
Last year they put 75 VA residents on the waitlist and accepted 50. I know in years past they waitlist everyone who gets an interview and doesn't get accepted. So maybe this means they'll interview 125 from Virginia? I have no idea, just conjecture.

Any thoughts on if we will hear back today or tomorrow? and if so what time it is usually sent?

Any thoughts on if we will hear back today or tomorrow? and if so what time it is usually sent?

No idea about today or tomorrow but last year the email came at 3pm EST

OOS rejection. Best of luck everyone!

• Care
Rejected OOS - good luck to those who are moving on to the interview stage!

• Care
OOS rejected. Was waitlisted last year. Ugh

• Care
OOS rejected. Best of luck to everyone else!

• Care
OOS rejected. Congrats to those getting interview invites!

• Care
OOS rejected woo! Good luck to those interviewing!

• Care
OOS rejection, good luck everyone! I know you all will do great!

• Care