Two Questions about DAT ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sailinx

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have couple of questions:

Q1. People who have taken DAT: Is there some sort of tutorial section on real DAT so that one can utilize that time to really warm-up and get use to the computer screen, mouse etc ?

Q2. I know most people don't take Barron's SNS test as it has alot of mistakes but has some one tried the RC section on Barron's test. I found questions to be much more difficult than TopScore and DAT Achiever. Seems like you have to read the whole passage and understand to answer some of the questions (rather than looking for keywords). I am kind of concerned as I didn't do well on that ? Any thoughts, inputs ?

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

sailinx said:
Hi Everyone,

I have couple of questions:

Q1. People who have taken DAT: Is there some sort of tutorial section on real DAT so that one can utilize that time to really warm-up and get use to the computer screen, mouse etc ?

Yes and it's accessible up to 15 minutes. Suggest that you refrain from spending too much time reading this on the actual test day (It can make you feel impatient and restless with those lengthy info there). If you're ever concerned with that, you should pre-read or go through them at your own computer by getting a diskette from the ADA.

sailinx said:
Q2. I know most people don't take Barron's SNS test as it has alot of mistakes but has some one tried the RC section on Barron's test. I found questions to be much more difficult than TopScore and DAT Achiever. Seems like you have to read the whole passage and understand to answer some of the questions (rather than looking for keywords). I am kind of concerned as I didn't do well on that ? Any thoughts, inputs ?

Thanks in advance.

All of Barron's passages dwell on oral/dental stuff familiar only to the dental professionals. I personally feel these to be non-helpful in view of the irrelevant topics given as practice stuffs. Reading widely on common human diseases and being good at your Bio and/or OChem would rather be better preparing you for the real RCT. :luck: