General Admissions & OTCAS TWU Denton/Dallas/Houston Mot Applicants Fall 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know approximately when they hold new student orientation?
I've been wondering the same thing! But I was waiting to get my official acceptance in the mail before I contact them to ask about the dates.

Members don't see this ad.

It looks like they have started to update our admission status in webadvisor. It now shows "Accepted" instead of "Awaiting Department Review".

I wonder how many times I have opened the admission status page to read "awaiting department review" since applying...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I was accepted to the Dallas campus (which was my first choice), but my webadvisor says Houston. Does anybody else's say this or did I make a mistake?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted to the Dallas campus (which was my first choice), but my webadvisor says Houston. Does anybody else's say this or did I make a mistake?

Your email should say the location... Check there and if it's right then I bet webadvisor is a typo.

I have that same problem. I was accepted to the Dallas location, but online it says my location is Houston. I called to ask what campus I was assigned to, and they said they definitely had me assigned to the Dallas campus.

Three last questions related to cost:
1) what is the typical cost of books for a semester? Do they reuse any from semester to semester?
2) do we cover the cost of background check and drug screen? If so, do you remember the cost? I've heard hair tests are expensive and urine cheaper, but I have no idea what their range is
3) how much does parking cost?

1) To be safe, I would suggest setting aside about $500 for the Fall semester. Another $500 for the Spring semester. There are several books (2-3) that we reuse, and the professors advise never selling your books as you will use them in your professional career.

2) I don't know if it'll be different for your incoming class, but for mine, the school covered the costs for our first drug test, which was done during some random class time. If a site requires any addition drug screens, we would then be responsible for the cost. For the background check, however, we all paid for our own. I vaguely remember the info being on an email I received from Tomeka. Costs about $45, and we do it through GroupOne. If you haven't received any info from her, hopefully you will soon.

3) Wow, the cost of the parking permit is not coming to me. It was definitely less than $100, though. $60-70? It'll be good for a full year and you just stick the sticker on your car. TWU Dallas has its own parking garage, and any spots that is NOT on the first floor is open to you. Although half of the roof (4th floor) belongs to UTD, but those spots will have UTD written on them. Parking is really heavily enforced, and the parking people are sort of rude, so you don't want to get on their bad side.

Has anyone heard back from TWU today? I know their date on the website for final information was February 1st but maybe they will send out everything tomorrow.

Has anyone heard back from TWU today? I know their date on the website for final information was February 1st but maybe they will send out everything tomorrow.

Thanks to @Pandanator for the heads up on WebAdvisor updates!

My WebAdvisor Admissions Status now says "Accepted" to MOT Dallas/Parkland campus (which is the campus my initial recommendation email said). The My Documents section says "Unconditional Acceptance" from Graduate Admissions. Both are dated 1/30/2015. This reflects official acceptance from the Graduate School! Letters will follow in the mail - probably sent on 1/30 or tomorrow. So indirectly, yes we have heard back :)

With this official word from the Graduate School, I feel comfortable to join the TWU Dallas MOT Class of 2017 FB group!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
1) To be safe, I would suggest setting aside about $500 for the Fall semester. Another $500 for the Spring semester. There are several books (2-3) that we reuse, and the professors advise never selling your books as you will use them in your professional career.

2) I don't know if it'll be different for your incoming class, but for mine, the school covered the costs for our first drug test, which was done during some random class time. If a site requires any addition drug screens, we would then be responsible for the cost. For the background check, however, we all paid for our own. I vaguely remember the info being on an email I received from Tomeka. Costs about $45, and we do it through GroupOne. If you haven't received any info from her, hopefully you will soon.

3) Wow, the cost of the parking permit is not coming to me. It was definitely less than $100, though. $60-70? It'll be good for a full year and you just stick the sticker on your car. TWU Dallas has its own parking garage, and any spots that is NOT on the first floor is open to you. Although half of the roof (4th floor) belongs to UTD, but those spots will have UTD written on them. Parking is really heavily enforced, and the parking people are sort of rude, so you don't want to get on their bad side.

thanks again for all the info! Very helpful :)

Thanks to @Pandanator for the heads up on WebAdvisor updates!

My WebAdvisor Admissions Status now says "Accepted" to MOT Dallas/Parkland campus (which is the campus my initial recommendation email said). The My Documents section says "Unconditional Acceptance" from Graduate Admissions. Both are dated 1/30/2015. This reflects official acceptance from the Graduate School! Letters will follow in the mail - probably sent on 1/30 or tomorrow. So indirectly, yes we have heard back :)

With this official word from the Graduate School, I feel comfortable to join the TWU Dallas MOT Class of 2017 FB group!
I guess Houston hasn't been updated yet, cuz mine still says "awaiting department review" :nailbiting:

I guess Houston hasn't been updated yet, cuz mine still says "awaiting department review" :nailbiting:

Denton hasn't either, despite we found out first. However, we had until 1/30 to accept offer. But I would love for it to update and be sent an informational packet of some sort.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wanted to let everyone know this bit of information: I called TWU today because I have not yet heard anything from any school. Lawana assured me they have not sent out everything yet. She said they have a LOT to go through. So, if you haven't heard anything - don't worry. Just hold on if you can, hopefully you will hear something soon! :)

I was accepted to Dallas but my webadvisor has not been updated. Is anybody else in this situation? How long should I wait before calling? Thanks!

I received a email denying my acceptance to the Houston program on January 21st BUT am beyond excited to say that today I recieved another email saying I have now been accepted!!!! Guessing I was wait listed, although I never received an email saying so.

Reactions: 5 users
I received a email denying my acceptance to the Houston program on January 21st BUT am beyond excited to say that today I recieved another email saying I have now been accepted!!!! Guessing I was wait listed, although I never received an email saying so.

Congratulations!!!

Congrats!!! See you there!! :clap::highfive:

Anybody else receive a waitlist email today for Houston?

Is everyone supposed to have a twu account to see their acceptance?

Is everyone supposed to have a twu account to see their acceptance?

I think so. If you go to the twu website on the top right corner there is a link that says pioneer portal. Click on that and it will take you to the login page. Under the login button there is a link that says create portal account, click there and you should be able to register and see your application status.

Hey, this is for everyone wondering when they would be mailing out official letters. I spoke with the office today, and she said they are looking to have everything mailed out by the end of this week. So hopefully we will receive letters sometime next week.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey, this is for everyone wondering when they would be mailing out official letters. I spoke with the office today, and she said they are looking to have everything mailed out by the end of this week. So hopefully we will receive letters sometime next week.

Awesome!! Thanks for looking into this... I look forward to getting my official letter!!

I made a twu acct but I still don't see where it shows my application status.

CALLING ALL HOUSTON APPLICANTS!!! TWU has updated the status on WebAdvisor!! Yey!! I'm so happy!! :soexcited:now I just have to wait for the letter to get here... :rofl:

I made a twu acct but I still don't see where it shows my application status.
Click on where it says applicants as soon as you log into WebAdvisor, and on the left hand side there is a section that says "admission information" and click on the "admission status" link...hope that helped :)

CALLING ALL HOUSTON APPLICANTS!!! TWU has updated the status on WebAdvisor!! Yey!! I'm so happy!! :soexcited:now I just have to wait for the letter to get here... :rofl:
I just logged in and there it was....."ACCEPTED"! YAY!!!

I have tried to find the right forum for COTAs applying to the bridge program at TWU. I am a bit confused will the people that are being accepted into the actual OT program be in a combined course as the COTAs being accepted to TWU. Are there any COTAs that are planning on applying on here?

I think so. If you go to the twu website on the top right corner there is a link that says pioneer portal. Click on that and it will take you to the login page. Under the login button there is a link that says create portal account, click there and you should be able to register and see your application status.
The email that they send the acceptance or denial update is that our personal email that we included in our application or on our TWU email account Just wondering bc I haven't even used my TWU account.

The email that they send the acceptance or denial update is that our personal email that we included in our application or on our TWU email account Just wondering bc I haven't even used my TWU account.
It should be sent to your personal email, the one you included in your application.

Not a peep for me either via email, snail mail, or web advisor. I have come to the conclusion that I did not make the cut.
I'm afraid I didn't either. Which is fine, not everyone can make it into the program... But since I put forth the effort to apply and paid the application fee, I do expect some sort of response! This process has been so aggravating!! As a Missouri gal I knew it was a long shot for me to be accepted into a TX program anyhow, but now I'm just regretting the wasted money and time.

I'm afraid I didn't either. Which is fine, not everyone can make it into the program... But since I put forth the effort to apply and paid the application fee, I do expect some sort of response! This process has been so aggravating!! As a Missouri gal I knew it was a long shot for me to be accepted into a TX program anyhow, but now I'm just regretting the wasted money and time.
Now my web advisor says denied admission. So I'm down, but not out. I'll take this time to make myself a better applicant for the next cycle.

For those who have been accepted to Dallas, check your spam folder for an email invite to the Dallas MOT "Welcome lite" event on Feb 28th from 9-11am. It's on campus and will have time to meet faculty, be oriented to curriculum and tour the campus.

(I had several emails about it from Tomeka Nolan and they were all sent today.) Hope to see y'all there!

I have tried to find the right forum for COTAs applying to the bridge program at TWU. I am a bit confused will the people that are being accepted into the actual OT program be in a combined course as the COTAs being accepted to TWU. Are there any COTAs that are planning on applying on here?

From the info on the website, the bridge program for COTAs is on weekends at the Denton campus and online. So those classes would not be combined with the regular MOT program courses (which run Mon-Th/Fri). However, I know that some of the summer courses for the regular MOT program are online and lectures are delivered by simulcast so Denton, Dallas, and Houston get the identical classes during those courses. I wonder if the bridge students also take those same online summer classes? Just a guess.

I haven't seen anyone else post about COTA bridge here. You might try to start a new thread and see if you get any responses, or you are welcome to share information here!

Where are you in the application/acceptance process now?

Anyone from the Houston campus have an instagram? My username is the same as the one here :):joyful:

Just got my official graduate acceptance letter in the mail in case anyone else wants to check their mailboxes

Hey everyone. New to this forum but have been reading it for a while. I applied to TWU for Houston and didn't know that I needed to make a web advisor account. Looked up my email stating that I could back in October and now it won't let me create one. I am one of those who have heard nothing either. Has anyone else have problems creating an account? Hoping this won't affect anything.

From the info on the website, the bridge program for COTAs is on weekends at the Denton campus and online. So those classes would not be combined with the regular MOT program courses (which run Mon-Th/Fri). However, I know that some of the summer courses for the regular MOT program are online and lectures are delivered by simulcast so Denton, Dallas, and Houston get the identical classes during those courses. I wonder if the bridge students also take those same online summer classes? Just a guess.

I haven't seen anyone else post about COTA bridge here. You might try to start a new thread and see if you get any responses, or you are welcome to share information here!

Where are you in the application/acceptance process now?
I have applied but honestly won't hear anything until March. Much prayers needed! I love hearing everyone so excited that they got accepted. I pray to be in the same boat come March

I know someone asked this question already, but as far as I know nobody has answered it. Does anyone know if we are supposed to be hearing from both TWU Dallas and Houston? I put Dallas as my first choice, and I heard back from them, but I was denied. Should I be getting some time of response from Houston as well? I assumed I would but I still haven't received anything from them.

Hey everyone. New to this forum but have been reading it for a while. I applied to TWU for Houston and didn't know that I needed to make a web advisor account. Looked up my email stating that I could back in October and now it won't let me create one. I am one of those who have heard nothing either. Has anyone else have problems creating an account? Hoping this won't affect anything.
Same exact thing has happened to me. I've sent some emails and couldn't get anywhere, so I thought I'd give them a call tomorrow to see if they could set me up. Let me know if you figure anything out!

I know someone asked this question already, but as far as I know nobody has answered it. Does anyone know if we are supposed to be hearing from both TWU Dallas and Houston? I put Dallas as my first choice, and I heard back from them, but I was denied. Should I be getting some time of response from Houston as well? I assumed I would but I still haven't received anything from them.

When I got accepted, I called the Dallas campus because the Houston location was busy...just to confirm my status. The Dallas location was able to look up my name and tell me the location that I was accepted. I would call to make sure.

Did anyone receive acceptance to UTHSCSA over the weekend? Wondering if any that were accepted into TWU-Dallas or TWU-Houston will change course and go to UTHSCSA. I'm debating on what direction to goo_O

Did anyone receive acceptance to UTHSCSA over the weekend? Wondering if any that were accepted into TWU-Dallas or TWU-Houston will change course and go to UTHSCSA. I'm debating on what direction to goo_O
I got a rejection from UTHSCSA, so I'm definitely staying with TWU

Has anyone been accepted off UTMB waitlist or has anyone turned down their acceptance to attend other schools? I am currently on the waitlist there and really hoping to get in because it is my only option left.

I received a email denying my acceptance to the Houston program on January 21st and then got an email of acceptance on January 3rd. I'm super confused because I just got a letter of denial dated January 2nd.

My question is, when I log into my pioneer portal, I cannot find any definite 'acceptance' or ' denial' it just shows my user name and student id and email and whatnot. Where are you guys seeing a acceptance??