UC Davis c/o 2028 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
WAHHH IM SO NERVOUS.. trying really hard not to think about it but its impossible.. sending good luck to everyone!!
Good luck everyone! I know we all deserve it as much as the next person. Sending love to all y’all❤️

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Does anybody know what time we should expect the email?
no idea!! but they sent the email letting us know it would be released on 11/15 in like the afternoon so maybe around the same time? idk

I looked at last years thread and it seemed to come out at around 1pm!

Members don't see this ad :)
Last year they released interview invites for us around 10 am PST, but I know in previous years it was later in the afternoon so it really depends. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
so if you get an invite we should expect it tomorrow, but if you dont we dont hear rejection until the end of november?

so if you get an invite we should expect it tomorrow, but if you dont we dont hear rejection until the end of november?
To my understanding I think you will hear if you get a rejection or interview tomorrow. At least that's how it seemed to be last year

To the best of my knowledge and experience those who receive interviews and rejections will hear at the same time.

Haven’t heard anything but I am so average in every way for my application

Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing yet. The email regarding invites coming out today was sent at 4:30 California time so maybe it will be the same today

Nervous Sponge Bob GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Nothing yet, at work trying to not freak out every 5 minutes😭😭😭

In State interview invite!!! I’m SO SO incredibly grateful and nervous!!

Any rejections? I haven’t received a message yet 😳

OOS rejection, congratulations and good luck to everyone!

In state rejection. Heart broken yet another cycle. Good luck to everyone, you deserve it!

IS reject, congrats to everyone who’s heard good news thus far!

OOS rejection :( Congrats everyone who got interview!

• Care
IS interview invite!!!!! I never ever in a million years thought I would say that 😭😭!!!! 🩷

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Do you guys see your GPAs when you press "GPA" on the portal? I just noticed I only see my VMCAS science one, my cumulative one says 0.00 and it doesn't show anything for most recent 45. Is this normal? Lol just want to know if there was something wrong with my app

IS INTERVIEW! Everyone who got rejected please don't fret! This is my 3rd application attempt and finally I was lucky enough to be given an interview. It'll happen with time, I absolutely believe in yall

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
OOS rejection. Did anyone as OOS get an interview?

IS INTERVIEW! Everyone who got rejected please don't fret! This is my 3rd application attempt and finally I was lucky enough to be given an interview. It'll happen with time, I absolutely believe in yall
Congratulations on an interview! Do you mind sharing your stats journey?

Am I misunderstanding this, in my rejection it says 1966 people sent in applications but last year 900+ people did? So did the number just double from last year and previous years

IS interview invite!!! CRYING TEARS OF JOY!!!!

• Love
Am I misunderstanding this, in my rejection it says 1966 people sent in applications but last year 900+ people did? So did the number just double from last year and previous years
That's what I saw and thought if it's true, it's one hell of a competition

Do you guys see your GPAs when you press "GPA" on the portal? I just noticed I only see my VMCAS science one, my cumulative one says 0.00 and it doesn't show anything for most recent 45. Is this normal? Lol just want to know if there was something wrong with my app
That’s definitely odd. Mine show my GPAs accurately. Did you check it prior to the supplemental application being due?

OOS rejection. Did anyone as OOS get an interview?
OOS got an interview invite, I would like to practice with people!! should i take the day off work for this interview? would it be weird to do my interview during my break lol?

edit: im gonna take a half day

Last edited:
That’s definitely odd. Mine show my GPAs accurately. Did you check it prior to the supplemental application being due?
Honestly I don’t remember I might have but I may have just assumed it was normal? Ugh I’m just hoping that the admissions team were actually able to see my GPAs and stuff before rejecting me. But yeah I should’ve checked everything beforehand

Congratulations on an interview! Do you mind sharing your stats journey?
Don't mind at all! I wont lie I dont have all my stats exactly quantified but I applied to Davis in 2021 - 2023 with rejections in '21 and '22. I personally had a lot of life challenges that gave me some extra barriers to go through as well as working through college so I knew my GPA wasnt going to be perfect. My GPA has relatively stayed the same all 3 applications (Stats for this cycle specifically, Cum: 3.55 Last 45: 3.68 Science: 3.48) I decided to balance out my application with a VARIETY of work/volunteer experiences. I can't give you exact number of hours in each category off the top of my head but I have had experiences working with livestock, small animals (in GP, Urgent Care, and ER settings) wildlife, some lab animal, shelter work, and lots of non animal community service/jobs. I also decided to take that route because I personally have no idea what kind of veterinarian I want to be. I was very honest about that in my applications too. I wanna say that Davis having the new application system of not taking into consideration the GRE REALLY helped my chances a lot. If you wanna go into any specifics totally PM me!