UGA C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ugh I know people have said that none of their references were called and they still got in....but losing hope. :cryi:

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I wonder if we will hear at all this week since references are still being called?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I was reading old threads and people said they lie to do it on the last Friday of feb?? So maybe this Friday?

Reactions: 1 users
Ugh I know people have said that none of their references were called and they still got in....but losing hope. :cryi:
This!! I’m not sure if mine were called because I didn’t want to ask but also would’ve thought they’ll tell me if they were 😭

I’ve been anxiously reading a lot of the old threads too and I couldn’t really find any patterns with the reference calling. Some people had none called and were accepted/rejected. Some people had all references called and were rejected. I think it just depends on if their letters answered all their questions about you or not? I’m trying not to stress! Lol

I’ve been anxiously reading a lot of the old threads too and I couldn’t really find any patterns with the reference calling. Some people had none called and were accepted/rejected. Some people had all references called and were rejected. I think it just depends on if their letters answered all their questions about you or not? I’m trying not to stress! Lol
Yeah, at this point there's nothing I can do about it lol. Just preparing myself for the worst so I'm not super disappointed. At the very least, we're in the home stretch people!! ♥️

Exactly! I didn't have any reference called last year and got rejected but then I had a classmate that also didn't have any references called and got in. UGA also sent out decisions last year on Thursday Feb.23rd.

Exactly! I didn't have any reference called last year and got rejected but then I had a classmate that also didn't have any references called and got in. UGA also sent out decisions last year on Thursday Feb.23rd.
Yeah I didn’t have any called last year and was rejected, but this year I had one called that I know of

Try and keep hope alive! Some people on here have said they have gotten people called and still been rejected. Mine got called but im trying not to look to much into it. Im just keeping my hope!

Last edited:
  • Care
Has anyone had any success being accepted IS with a lower GPA? 3.1-3.2 range? This is the last school I’m waiting on and I’m having a hard time finding low gpa success stories 😩
I was accepted last year with a 3.12 gpa, the rest of your application matters much more then just your GPA!

Members don't see this ad :)
Would you mind sharing your other stats?
I applied after taking a gap year, worked in both GP and ER. I did not have any undergrad research, and squeaked by on my science GPA. I know that a lot of people that talk about their stats have crazy high GPA's but it is not a requirement! (my group of friends have GPA's ranging from 3.8 to 3.1, experiences matter more then GPA!)

I am IS- my friend who is OOS had a 3.4 with a 2.9 science. So it is very doable
I’m IS also! Lower GPA but I have a lot of varied experience in small animal GP and ER, large and exotic

I'm really holding out hope for UGA. Just got a rejection from my IS, and I thought my interview went fantastic. Need a pick-me-up for sure!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I'm too scared to ask my references if they got calls, not sure I want to know LOL

They’re still adding people to the Facebook group, so hopefully it’ll be soon!

Are they sending out invites and then people are joining the FB group or are they manually adding ppl?

Are they sending out invites and then people are joining the FB group or are they manually adding ppl?

I think manually adding people. Most of the people already in it are student ambassadors.
That’s how it has been in the previous years anyway

I hope it’ll be sooner than later!! I’ve been lying awake at night so anxious 😭

• Care
Yes, last year I got my rejection around 2:30pm on Thursday the 23rd. Hoping and praying for a different outcome this year 😭

I posted this in another school’s thread last week, but wanted to repeat it here: The journey to even be able to start applying to vet school is long and difficult. We all made it through! We’re all smart, capable and dedicated! Regardless if it’s this year, next year, or ten years from now, we are all going to be great veterinarians some day! Good luck to you all ☺️

• Care
Reactions: 14 users
Do we think it’s today? So anxious just want this over
I'm hoping so, but I could also see it being tomorrow. Last year was Thursday 2/23 and today is a Thursday but tomorrow is the 23rd so I'd say it's a 50/50 chance. I am a nervous wreck!!

Rejected from all other schools I applied to, just waiting to hear from UGA now! Hopefully good news for us all

Reactions: 4 users
I’m at work and literally checking my email whenever I can, this is one of my last schools, and I’m feeling really nervous. I’m OOS but literally have dreamed of going here since a kid. We all got this and I’m proud of how far we have all made it ❤️

• Care
Good luck to each of you. UGA is an amazing veterinary school, with an incredible faculty and student body who certainly do their part in shaping the next generation of veterinarians. I'm sure many of you have been reading discussion posts after discussion posts. Be aware that 1) every person is different and has their strengths/weaknesses 2) it takes most people several tries to come close to being admitted.
Plain and simple, UGA is not an easy school to get into. It's one of the most competitive veterinary schools out there and best bang for your buck kind of school.
Regardless of the outcome, be proud of the hard and amazing work you have done to get to this moment.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
I’m trying not to look on here anymore until the decisions come out! Last year acceptances came out about 30 minutes before rejections so I basically knew I was rejected before I even got the email 😭 Will just keep refreshing my email! Crossing my fingers for us all!!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I’m trying not to look on here anymore until the decisions come out! Last year acceptances came out about 30 minutes before rejections so I basically knew I was rejected before I even got the email 😭 Will just keep refreshing my email! Crossing my fingers for us all!!
Thanks for the heads up so I can choose peace. This was my one out of reach school I applied to so my hopes are already down 🤣

Didn’t decisions come out late last year? Like around or after 5 pm?

OOS accepted!!!!! called at 10:59a PST!! i screamed at parker oops

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Today was NOT the day to miss a dose of my anxiety medication 😭 Manifesting such good vibes for everyone during this week

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Called? Thought it was an email?
I would not be surprised if, because UGA has a small number of OOS seats, that they will call some to verify that they will be accepting the seat before sending other OOS applicants rejection/ waitlist letters

*me rattling the metaphorical bars of my cage* pleaseeee put me out of my misery today and just send me the email 😭 my heart can't take it anymoreeeeee

• Care
Reactions: 8 users