UNC Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
^ LOL
just wondering, what kind of notifications have you guys received? all i've gotten so far was a reminder to submit my supplemental and after i submitted (11/18) got a confirmation of payment. that's it. for those of you who got interviews what should i be expecting next?

Members don't see this ad.

When do you think they'll send out the next round of interview invites?

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who had their interview Dec. 12th, how do you think it went? It won't be off my mind for the next two weeks. I can't really gauge how I did in the interview or how my stats compare. I think everyone who gets an interview is already super competitive~

For those who had their interview Dec. 12th, how do you think it went? It won't be off my mind for the next two weeks. I can't really gauge how I did in the interview or how my stats compare. I think everyone who gets an interview is already super competitive~

My thoughts exactly... every person I met at the interview seemed very qualified for admission- academically and otherwise.

I've been reflecting on the entire interview day since, but still don't really know how I feel about it. Nonetheless, UNC is a great school and I feel privileged to have been considered at all!

Stats wise... compared to other posters in this thread... quite average.

3.62 C. GPA
3.4 Science GPA
99 comp. pcat
1+ years as a CPhT at a large retail chain
2+ years as a research assistant
Extracurriculars include various short term volunteering positions and work experiences non-healthcare related.

Last edited:
My thoughts exactly... every person I met at the interview seemed very qualified for admission- academically and otherwise.

Also the interview format makes it difficult to determine how well I did with the process... I've been thinking about it non-stop and I've been reflecting on the entire interview day since, but still don't really know how I feel about it. Nonetheless, UNC is a great school and I feel privileged to have been considered at all!

Stats wise... compared to other posters in this thread... quite average.

3.62 C. GPA
3.4 Science GPA
99 comp. pcat
1+ years as a CPhT at a large retail chain
2+ years as a research assistant
Extracurriculars include various short term volunteering positions and work experiences non-healthcare related.

Almost exact same stats as mine...

Last edited:
For those of you who interviewed, did they mention anything about when you would hear/when the next round of invites would go out? Also are you in state or oos? Thanks!

For those of you who interviewed, did they mention anything about when you would hear/when the next round of invites would go out? Also are you in state or oos? Thanks!

We're supposed to hear back by Christmas. They didn't mention specifically when they would send out the next round of invites, but the next date is in mid-January so I imagine it'll be soon.

Also, I'm out of state. Stats very similar to chemkitten's and poobidis'.

I had a friend who got in and her stats were nowhere near as impressive or competitive

When did you guys submit your applications, for those who have interviewed alreaddy

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who interviewed, may I know the format? Was it one to one, or including mini-interviews as well?

Thank you!

I got an interview invite today. I applied after the early consideration deadline.

I applied to this school late October early November and still have yet to hear back. I thought my stats are fairly competitive (even though tougher being out of state my guess).
Basic Stats:
Cum Gpa - 3.65
Science Gpa - 3.63
Pcat Composite - 90
Pharm Experience - 6+ months full time retail

Just wondering if a lot of others are in the same boat waiting?

I'm out of state. I applied around late October.

Last edited:
I just got my acceptance email! Good luck to everyone interviewing next month. :)

Interviewed Dec. 12th, got my acceptance letter today 12/20! Good luck to everyone who is still waiting to hear back!

Is there anyone who still hasn't received an invitation for interview or any e-mail with an update about the application?

Is there anyone who still hasn't received an invitation for interview or any e-mail with an update about the application?

I haven't received anything! And I would consider myself a competitive applicant.

I know UNC is a top pharmacy school, but how do the other pharmacy schools in NC rank? I'm from out of state so I don't know anything about the schools or area. It looks like their tuition is cheaper than UNC's.

I know UNC is a top pharmacy school, but how do the other pharmacy schools in NC rank? I'm from out of state so I don't know anything about the schools or area. It looks like their tuition is cheaper than UNC's.

It's probably cheaper when looking at UNC's out of state tuition. Wingate and Campbell are "okay" schools but they are in the middle of no where.

Reactions: 1 user

Campbell accepts almost anyone who applies. I know a girl who's intelligence can be compared to that of a sloth that got in.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
I haven't received anything! And I would consider myself a competitive applicant.
You are not the only one. I still haven't heard back either. We'll have to wait I guess!

I submitted early October, but it wasn't sent out until towards the end of the month. I'm hoping we hear something back by next month.

Chapel Hill Condo for sale. 2 bedroom, 2 bath, 1000 Square foot condominium next to the Friday Center in Chapel Hill. Community is full of professional students... dental, law, medical, ample parking, walk to Meadowmont, Finley golf course, biological preserve & running trails, very secure... motion detector lights, porch at entry way locks from inside, 2 or 3 minute walk to 3 bus lines, new washer, dryer, dishwasher, garbage disposal and completely rebuilt A/C system (new freon, coil, circuit board). Carpet is 6 years old. We are about to graduate dental residency move back home.

$139,000 TAX VALUE, FOR SALE $119,000

ON BUS LINE, NEXT TO HWY 54’S MEADOWMONT DEVELOPMENT

4 MINUTE WALK TO FRIDAY CENTER (GREAT FOR BALL GAMES AND CONTINUING ED COURSES!!)

VERY SAFE, MULTIPLE LOCKS ON DOORS AND LOCKABLE DECK WITH MOTION LIGHTS

NEW SIDING! SEE ATTACHMENT FOR PICS!

Attachments

• FINLEY FOREST CONDO FOR SALE.pdf
    372.6 KB · Views: 7
I just recieved my interview invite for the end of this month!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations! I still haven't received anything neither an invitation or denial for interview

I know I thought I wasn't going to even get an invite, but then again, they just had their first interview a few weeks ago so there are plenty of spots. It just sucks that they started so late. But be confident, you will be invited soon! good luck.

I'm getting so nervous about my interview. I've only had one interview so far (Campbell) which I used as a practice round. Any advice on how to calm the nerves?

I know I thought I wasn't going to even get an invite, but then again, they just had their first interview a few weeks ago so there are plenty of spots. It just sucks that they started so late. But be confident, you will be invited soon! good luck.
I hope so! Thanks. Good luck on your interview

Just be confident with your answers. If you have gotten an interview with them, you stats are already competitive. With every answer you give, keep in mind they are looking to distinguish you from other candidates. Every answer to their questions should make you stand out as unique.

Is there anyone else waiting to hear back ANYTHING from UNC? hahaha :(

Reactions: 1 user
I still haven't heard anything back ... starting to wonder if all the out-of-state spots are all gone :(

I think they will start sending out invites for February around next week. Hold tight guys, your invitation letters will come!

I just got an interview invite for Jan 31!! I am so nervous. I am an out-of-state applicant. I should start booking flights and hotels.

Reactions: 2 users
I just got an interview invite for Jan 31!! I am so nervous. I am an out-of-state applicant. I should start booking flights and hotels.

Congrats!

I wonder why they send out interview this late for January? You'll only have two weeks to practice..
When did u submit your application? :)