UNC Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats!

I wonder why they send out interview this late for January? You'll only have two weeks to practice..
When did u submit your application? :)

I submitted my application on Oct 31. I am assuming that someone cancelled their interview and they have an extra spot left. I can't find recent interview feedbacks on SDN. I can only find things from 2011. I hope they haven't changed anything that much.:)

Two weeks is fine for me but the flight tickets are really expensive:cryi:. I don't have many choices to book a flight. Oh well, I will have to go with anything that's left.

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted my application on Oct 31. I am assuming that someone cancelled their interview and they have an extra spot left. I can't find recent interview feedbacks on SDN. I can only find things from 2011. I hope they haven't changed anything that much.:)

Two weeks is fine for me but the flight tickets are really expensive:cryi:. I don't have many choices to book a flight. Oh well, I will have to go with anything that's left.

They completely changed their interview process. It's a MMI and it is all day compared to recent years where the applicant would have just one interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh no, is this the first year with the new interview?

Yeah, this is the first year they are doing this style of interview. It is not bad at all and allows you to bounce back if you somehow have one terrible interview. They are short interviews and they go by super fast. Pretty fun actually.

Last edited:
I have an interview on Jan 31 too. Are all the interviews that day in Asheville?

I have an interview on Jan 31 too. Are all the interviews that day in Asheville?

I also have my interview on the 31st but mine is at UNC campus, form 8am to 4pm. Can those of you who have already done the interview maybe elaborate more on what to expect or what tips would you give to the ones who will interview in the next couple of weeks?

When you get there in the morning, you are given a folder with your schedule. Some important people talk, including the dean of pharmacy touting what a wonderful school it is (it def is;)), and then you break up into groups according to your schedule. For me, the MMI was first. While it was nice to get it out of the way, I kind of felt at a disadvantage because my mind hadn't warmed up yet and the rest of the day you are talking to pharm students, taking a tour, doing an activity with teachers, and doing a Q&A with the faculty--all opportunities that might give you better tailored answers as to why you want to be a pharm student at UNC. It is also the only part that weighs on your admission (I think) and so the rest of the day I was just thinking about how I did!

As far as the questions, just answer with confidence and mention anything that will make you stand out or show them that you have put alot of thought and effort into becoming a pharmacist. For any interview, not just UNC, they might ask you about your past situations and experiences--think about the struggles you have faced to get where you have today and how they have made you a better person/candidate. They are always looking to see who can "rise to the challenge", so don't be afraid to mention any weaknesses you have if you can demonstrate you've learned from them or make them relevant to a particular question. Don't forget--if you got an interview, they probably want you and everyone else is just as nervous! Good luck! See you in Aug. 2014! Go Tar Heels!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I still havent gotten as much as an email :s

I've gotten into a pretty good still already but still some sort of feedback would be nice. I applied since October

Has anyone heard from them since putting down their deposit? Waiting for the next step...

Got accepted to the Asheville campus today!

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone heard from them since putting down their deposit? Waiting for the next step...

Com'on. You got accepted already :) You can relax now.
Us here are still waiting for the interview email...

Reactions: 1 users
I have an interview February 27th! Woohoo!

Members don't see this ad :)
This is the last school that I'm waiting on for an interview, hopefully we hear something soon for those that haven't heard back yet.

For the people that have already interviewed approximately how many people were there interviewing with you?

SO, I was supposed to have an interview today but my flights kept getting delayed more and more to the point where I would only be able to get to atlanta at 2am, not leaving enough time to get to Chapel Hill. I talked to Mimi already about this, and she said I could reschedule for Feb. Did anyone else have this problem? Will this affect my chances, meaning are there less openings in February than there are in January? Not happy right now.

Who else is STILL waiting to hear back? Do you have any idea if they notify those who are NOT chosen for an interview anyway?

Who else is STILL waiting to hear back? Do you have any idea if they notify those who are NOT chosen for an interview anyway?

You know, I don't really know. I work with a couple UNC pharmacy students, and they haven't said anything about any dates beyond the 27th.

You know, I don't really know. I work with a couple UNC pharmacy students, and they haven't said anything about any dates beyond the 27th.
And all the interview spots for February 27 are full? I mean, they sent all the invites for that date at the same time you think? Thanks

And all the interview spots for February 27 are full? I mean, they sent all the invites for that date at the same time you think? Thanks

they'd let you know in March after the decisions are made.

I thought they would send an e-mail saying they denied an interview instead of making the person wait!

I thought they would send an e-mail saying they denied an interview instead of making the person wait!
At least you have a few other schools to pick from right? I'm bummed we haven't heard back yet but I'm still hopeful that we'll hear something soon.

Hey guys … so I had my interview on friday and it went very well. I am freaking out though, have you guys that have been accepted had your Hep B series done or started? I have not started mine!!!! and I am supposed to have it done by July 15. What should I do? can the third shot be done 2 weeks early?

Hey guys … so I had my interview on friday and it went very well. I am freaking out though, have you guys that have been accepted had your Hep B series done or started? I have not started mine!!!! and I am supposed to have it done by July 15. What should I do? can the third shot be done 2 weeks early?

Had this happen to a friend a few years ago and they retracted his acceptance offer but he was accepted mid May. I believe there is information on the UNC pharmacy website that gives a specific date on the latest you can start the shots. It doesn't hurt to call and ask though.

Had this happen to a friend a few years ago and they retracted his acceptance offer but he was accepted mid May. I believe there is information on the UNC pharmacy website that gives a specific date on the latest you can start the shots. It doesn't hurt to call and ask though.

Hey I just found records of my hept b series from 2000 when I was 10 years old. Will that be valid you think? What about the titer that is needed ? Anybody have any info? The other schools didn't have this requirement no I totally missed it.

Hey I just found records of my hept b series from 2000 when I was 10 years old. Will that be valid you think? What about the titer that is needed ? Anybody have any info? The other schools didn't have this requirement no I totally missed it.

I'm a current PY1 at unc esop and even if you start the hep B series this month you can get it done by may. theres a 1 month interval between first and second dose and a 2 month interval between second dose and third dose. you cant get it 2 weeks in advance because that wont be allowed, the grace period is only about 4 days for vaccines. you dont need to be repeat the series as long as you have documentation you got it. the titer is needed by oct 10 of this year so there is plenty of time.

I'm a current PY1 at unc esop and even if you start the hep B series this month you can get it done by may. theres a 1 month interval between first and second dose and a 2 month interval between second dose and third dose. you cant get it 2 weeks in advance because that wont be allowed, the grace period is only about 4 days for vaccines. you dont need to be repeat the series as long as you have documentation you got it. the titer is needed by oct 10 of this year so there is plenty of time.

Thank you very much for the information. I read that the titer is only measurable 1 to 2 months after the vaccine series and I had my series done 13 years ago (when I immigrated from Mexico to the US) in the following dates: 1st - April 3, 2000 2nd - Nov 1, 2000 and 3rd - Jan 17, 2001. Should I just contact the school about this and go ahead and start the series now just in case? If so who should I contact (phone number)? Thank you very much, I haven't received acceptance yet but I would rather go ahead and prepare in case I do get accepted.

I just got an email for the interview on February 27. I wasn't expecting to hear back, but glad I did. :)

Thank you very much for the information. I read that the titer is only measurable 1 to 2 months after the vaccine series and I had my series done 13 years ago (when I immigrated from Mexico to the US) in the following dates: 1st - April 3, 2000 2nd - Nov 1, 2000 and 3rd - Jan 17, 2001. Should I just contact the school about this and go ahead and start the series now just in case? If so who should I contact (phone number)? Thank you very much, I haven't received acceptance yet but I would rather go ahead and prepare in case I do get accepted.

no your titer should be good whenever you go. you are vaccinated for life, your immunity does not go away. go get the titer if it doesnt show up as you having immunity, just get a booster of hep B and try getting the titer again. theres no need to get a whole new series as long as you have documentation.

no your titer should be good whenever you go. you are vaccinated for life, your immunity does not go away. go get the titer if it doesnt show up as you having immunity, just get a booster of hep B and try getting the titer again. theres no need to get a whole new series as long as you have documentation.

Great info! I will do so. Thank you very much.

I just got an email for the interview on February 27. I wasn't expecting to hear back, but glad I did. :)
I also got the invitation! But I have another interview that morning too... So I will have to see what I am going to do.

I also got the invitation! But I have another interview that morning too... So I will have to see what I am going to do.
Congrats!

For those out of state, what hotel did everyone stay at? Or what are the hotels closest to the school and at a reasonable price? Also, do we fly to the Raleigh airport?

Too sad to look at this forum now...
where is the interview invite/deny...

Too sad to look at this forum now...
where is the interview invite/deny...
I might have to decline my invitation... The 27th is their last day, but I'm interviewing at my top choice that day too. Maybe you'll get an email once they receive my declination.

Edit:
It was a hard decision for me, but I gave up my interview spot. Good luck to you all!

Last edited:
Sorry.. Good luck to you.

And thank you, if that seat could actually transfer to me :D

Last edited:
They completely changed their interview process. It's a MMI and it is all day compared to recent years where the applicant would have just one interview.

Hey Everyone ... thought I would chime in on this thread now that my partner has recently been accepted to UNC! I know this is the first year they are using MMI so to prepare for MMI pharmacy interviews, my partner used Multiple Mini Interview (MMI) for the Mind purchased from Amazon (#1 best seller in graduate school guides and #2 in medical school guides) and received a few post interview admissions' offers already. Ultimately accepted an offer at a non-MMI school in the northeast ... lol!

Good luck everyone!

When you get there in the morning, you are given a folder with your schedule. Some important people talk, including the dean of pharmacy touting what a wonderful school it is (it def is;)), and then you break up into groups according to your schedule. For me, the MMI was first. While it was nice to get it out of the way, I kind of felt at a disadvantage because my mind hadn't warmed up yet and the rest of the day you are talking to pharm students, taking a tour, doing an activity with teachers, and doing a Q&A with the faculty--all opportunities that might give you better tailored answers as to why you want to be a pharm student at UNC. It is also the only part that weighs on your admission (I think) and so the rest of the day I was just thinking about how I did!

As far as the questions, just answer with confidence and mention anything that will make you stand out or show them that you have put alot of thought and effort into becoming a pharmacist. For any interview, not just UNC, they might ask you about your past situations and experiences--think about the struggles you have faced to get where you have today and how they have made you a better person/candidate. They are always looking to see who can "rise to the challenge", so don't be afraid to mention any weaknesses you have if you can demonstrate you've learned from them or make them relevant to a particular question. Don't forget--if you got an interview, they probably want you and everyone else is just as nervous! Good luck! See you in Aug. 2014! Go Tar Heels!

Agree ... but I would just caution on volunteering weaknesses when they aren't explicitly asked. You should always put your best foot forward for your interview.

Anyone here going to the Asheville campus?

Accepted into Asheville today! Anyone else going?

Reactions: 2 users
Sent in my deposit for Asheville a few weeks ago! Just wanted to see who else will be going there as well :)

Has anybody received acceptance to the Chapel Hill Campus? From interview on the 31st?