Uni of Co acceptance entering Jan 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
@dentist 1126:
she just said .. the result process is still pending.. we are in the middle of it... and it ill be announced shortly.... you have to wait....
and before i could open my mouth to ask the next question... she shut me down saying... PLS DONT CALL.. PLS DONT CALL... PLS DONT CALL.... and she hung up on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanx dear......that was some releif

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations DFbund & SpeechLess2012.
Everyone else just hang in there..I know its painful to wait..but have faith you'll definitely hear from them soon..Good luck :)

hi, Dr. beevee...

did you hear from the school too?
DFbund, Speechless2012... could you all be kind enough to post your stats... it gives us a lil idea of what s going on....

So I see a bunch of you are trying to call Jane and ask her your status. I don't see why you guys would be doing that. If you are gonna be accepted, you will get an email, a phone call or some kind of correspondence. Bothering her by calling her all day is gonna get you nowhere. I am not trying to be harsh because I have been accepted. And the point of us posting here that we were accepted was so that we would get to know our fellow batch-mates before school started.
All I can say is hope for the best and wait, rather than trying to blame it on the University, the administrative assistant or anyone else.
Hopefully, this hasn't come across as harsh or hurt anyone.
Yet again, Good luck.

First of all, I did not apply Uni. Colorado this year so I am not sure what's going on. But I feel some arrogance from your post. Good for you if you have been accepted. But this doesn't give you the right to judge others. Others making phone call is not your business. What will happen if your future classmates see your post and have an impression that you talk to people in a condescending way? If I were your classmate, I would think that you are not easy to get along with.

Oh well, good luck with your study in Denver.

So I see a bunch of you are trying to call Jane and ask her your status. I don't see why you guys would be doing that. If you are gonna be accepted, you will get an email, a phone call or some kind of correspondence. Bothering her by calling her all day is gonna get you nowhere. I am not trying to be harsh because I have been accepted. And the point of us posting here that we were accepted was so that we would get to know our fellow batch-mates before school started.
All I can say is hope for the best and wait, rather than trying to blame it on the University, the administrative assistant or anyone else.
Yet again, Good luck.

this is a public forum where people share their experiences and btw, no one is blaming no one here.Enjoy the euphoria!

Last edited:
They should have just send e-mails to everyone at the same time.I am loosing my mind worriyng.I did not call, but I can understand people who do not want to risk a seat in the univesity, because someone was not able to get a hold of them.

Did anybody recieve any phone calls or emails today?? if yes, please post it here to keep all of us updated!

Yet again, Good luck.

well said happyk9!!

Congratulations Speechless2012 for getting accepted... but i have a few things to tell you here... first of all, talking about complaining and blaming, please do not forget that UOC is notorious for not answering students on time... i personally know my friends who did not get interview calls even when they were deserving candidates and applied well ahead of time. they had left hundreds of emails and voicemails but OUR Ms. Miller did not send any kind of correspondence!!!

check out the thread on "uni of colorado" and "university of colorado bad experience" where students have shared all what happened to their applications this year.

There will be equally deserving candidates like you who would be waiting, worrying in agony to know their results.... it s a normal human feeling to be distressed at this point of time...

Secondly, it is wrong on the school s part to release a few names on one day and leave the rest of the candidates uncleared of the situation!! it was supposed to be announced on a certain day but even if they decided to announce it early, they should have done it on the same day for everyone....

Thirdly, after creating such a panic and a mess amongst students, they do not receive any body s calls and even if they happen to do... they yell don call... don call...

At this point of time when you are lucky not to be amongst one of us, you should help us rather than writing arrogant statements...
I am sure you wont be very happy reading this, but I am only trying to tell you what hundreds of students are going through...

@dentist 1126:
she just said .. the result process is still pending.. we are in the middle of it... and it ill be announced shortly.... you have to wait....
and before i could open my mouth to ask the next question... she shut me down saying... PLS DONT CALL.. PLS DONT CALL... PLS DONT CALL.... and she hung up on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks trintrin for keeping students updated.... i appreciate it....

I cent per cent agree with happyindian....well i thought the picture wud be clear by today, still nobody else have posted about the acceptance.......seems everybody will have to wait for the coming week now!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys plz relax, just one word. We all do not have connections in school!!!! So good for those who pretend that they had calls ,rest of us will wait till receiving a call.
Good luck

But i'm still thinking abouth the person with 99 in part 1 and 2 and 120 and so on...i think it was' pinokio'. He better open a dental school out of wood ,they will be happy to give lowns for that.

But i'm still thinking abouth the person with 99 in part 1 and 2 and 120 and so on...i think it was' pinokio'. He better open a dental school out of wood ,they will be happy to give lowns for that.

He!ha!he!he! :laugh:OMG! lol! Man you beat me! i was just about to ask the same question.And never heard of someone with 3 master degrees.Which were they?Ortho,perio and Oral surgery! Did i miss out something.And nowadays is GPA out of 5 or something?

Wait a minute! didn't you say that the previous post would be your last one.We were having a good time.
Yeah, I thought that was speechless's last post.I think he has gone too far in defending the school[and no one blamed the school in the first place]and taking it personally and coming out with his cock and bull stories and giving unwanted advice....I'm speech less and sarcasm is intended!

Guys...Guys...Guys...Lets just stop this and focus on more important things in our life than arguing or pulling each other`s legs...lets just pray and wish for the success of all the deserving people here...

He!ha!he!he! :laugh:OMG! lol! Man you beat me! i was just about to ask the same question.And never heard of someone with 3 master degrees.Which were they?Ortho,perio and Oral surgery! Did i miss out something.And nowadays is GPA out of 5 or something?
:thumbup:

Guys...Guys...Guys...Lets just stop this and focus on more important things in our life than arguing or pulling each other`s legs...lets just pray and wish for the success of all the deserving people here...

we are just having fun. kind of stress relieving :)

Wow....You guys think that was arrogant!!!
So helping you would be to tell you that you guys are right calling Jane up every half an hour asking her your status. Or better yet, I should call Jane and ask her each and every one of your statuses myself. Try and be in their shoes for a change, 280 plus people calling to enquire where they stand. And she should up and leave everything and look through a pile of papers to check on that. I have been in the same boat as you ''all'', and believe me, I was stressed, panicked and what not, I didn't go yelling foul every time something didn't go my way and lambasting the very institution I so desperately am trying to get into.
A deserving candidate friend of mine who had 99 in part 1, 99 in part 2 and a perfect 120 in TOEFL, 4.2 GPA, a master's degree in Ortho, Oral surgery, and Perio as well, and he/she didn't get an interview. Big bad University of Colorado doesn't know what it's doing. You guys need to relax.
And the school creating a ''panic'' amongst the students? What the hell are you talking bout? For all you people know all 36 people have been informed, and they just chose to keep it to themselves, unlike a few of us.And you go as far to assume that all of them are members of SDN.I personally know 7 people who have been accepted but yet only DF and myself have posted. Ever thought of it this way, you just weren't lucky enough to be accepted this year, thus, no phone call/email/telegram. And I say lucky, because I believe it is not just about your ''profile'', your scores, your preps, luck has a lot to do with being accepted.
This will be my last post. Again my intentions were not to offend anyone, so stop taking stuff so personally.

Speechless2012..... students in this thread have already thanked you and congratulated you for posting that results were out... no body s accusing you of being arrogant for that part...

regarding writing foul.... i am not writing foul about UOC.... It is no doubt a great school.... that is why we all applied and interviewed... but it is seriously unfair the way they see applications and the way they have announced just a few names one day and leaving the rest of the students waiting.... did anybody in the entire thread accuse YOU of being UNFAIR?? Pointing out certain flaws does not mean that one s writing crap... it rather helps current and future students plan and prepare ....

regarding keeping ourselves in their shoes, which school does not receive those many applications???? I have applied to some other schools such as... BU, USC, UCSF, UOP..... all of them have been great in correspondence without any delay.... they take calls... they answer questions... they dont shut u up...

regarding helping others, who the hell has asked you to check out OUR STATUS.... we all are capable enough to do that... and that s exactly we have been doing since Wednesday... i dont think any student would have asked jane about their personal status... most of them would have asked... "if they announced all the names????" helping others only means keeping each other updated of whats going on.... like trintrin, bombayBDS and many many others did...

and finally regarding accepting defeat.... we all know the "role of luck" in life... most of us are 25 years and plus ...it has taken relentless efforts to reach US and move forward...am pretty sure, each one of the interviewed student is brave enough to accept that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck with school at UOC.... and I am pretty sure you ll meet some of us in december/jan.... Jane did tell me as well that all the names were n announced yet....

:thumbup:

Speechless2012..... students in this thread have already thanked you and congratulated you for posting that results were out... no body s accusing you of being arrogant for that part...

regarding writing foul.... i am not writing foul about UOC.... It is no doubt a great school.... that is why we all applied and interviewed... but it is seriously unfair the way they see applications and the way they have announced just a few names one day and leaving the rest of the students waiting.... did anybody in the entire thread accuse YOU of being UNFAIR?? Pointing out certain flaws does not mean that one s writing crap... it rather helps current and future students plan and prepare ....

regarding keeping ourselves in their shoes, which school does not receive those many applications???? I have applied to some other schools such as... BU, USC, UCSF, UOP..... all of them have been great in correspondence without any delay.... they take calls... they answer questions... they dont shut u up...

regarding helping others, who the hell has asked you to check out OUR STATUS.... we all are capable enough to do that... and that s exactly we have been doing since Wednesday... i dont think any student would have asked jane about their personal status... most of them would have asked... "if they announced all the names????" helping others only means keeping each other updated of whats going on.... like trintrin, bombayBDS and many many others did...

and finally regarding accepting defeat.... we all know the "role of luck" in life... most of us are 25 years and plus ...it has taken relentless efforts to reach US and move forward...am pretty sure, each one of the interviewed student is brave enough to accept that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck with school at UOC.... and I am pretty sure you ll meet some of us in december/jan.... Jane did tell me as well that all the names were n announced yet....

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Good words happy indian...I didn't knew that people will change so much just moment after getting the acceptance calls. If speechless would have been one of us like waiting than he/she would have done same thing.....

anyway guys leave it and just hope for the best. I think we all have to wait till Monday because of the week end. Pray for good luck:xf::luck:

Hey guys,
First of all many congratulations to those who got accepeted and good luck to those who are waiting to hear the magic call.
I would like to say that from the last year's experience, usually when they send any e-mail or call regarding acceptance/waiting list/rejection, they do most of the time the same day. I mean they send all the acceptances same day and after few days rejections and waiting list they send the same day.
Last year they sent all the acceptances on May 23rd but some people opened their e-mail a day or 2 later.
I am not trying to discourage any body. I just want to say that it could be possible that they have sent all the acceptances or there could be some left to be sent. But as far as I know few people they have already received acceptance.
Be aware that not all the people use SDN ( around 50%) and rest 50% those who use it not to prefer declaring ( around 20-30%), now you can do the math. This is just my thought and I am not saying it is 100% true. Everybody has the right to express their thoughts. So, just sit back and relax
Good Luck and God bless everyone.
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Good words happy indian...I didn't knew that people will change so much just moment after getting the acceptance calls. If speechless would have been one of us like waiting than he/she would have done same thing.....

anyway guys leave it and just hope for the best. I think we all have to wait till Monday because of the week end. Pray for good luck:xf::luck:

@usdds

yes, i rmber last year scenario very nicely.
i somehow have the same feeling too... but what do you think about jane s statement... do you think she just said coz she dosn wan students to bug her...? pls advice...

This is not about bugging jane but the decision of calling the candidate is totally upto the director of the program, Jane has nothing to do with that because all the calls or emails (especially acceptance) are sent by the director of the program not by the jane. She just send the official letters once program director tells her to do so. Again, it is my way of thinking ( not 100%).
hopefully, everything will be clear next week.
I sincerely wish all of you Good Luck.
@usdds

yes, i rmber last year scenario very nicely.
i somehow have the same feeling too... but what do you think about jane s statement... do you think she just said coz she dosn wan students to bug her...? pls advice...

This time they would be calling on phone every accepted candidate.

Hey guys,
First of all many congratulations to those who got accepeted and good luck to those who are waiting to hear the magic call.
I would like to say that from the last year's experience, usually when they send any e-mail or call regarding acceptance/waiting list/rejection, they do most of the time the same day. I mean they send all the acceptances same day and after few days rejections and waiting list they send the same day.
Last year they sent all the acceptances on May 23rd but some people opened their e-mail a day or 2 later.
I am not trying to discourage any body. I just want to say that it could be possible that they have sent all the acceptances or there could be some left to be sent. But as far as I know few people they have already received acceptance.
Be aware that not all the people use SDN ( around 50%) and rest 50% those who use it not to prefer declaring ( around 20-30%), now you can do the math. This is just my thought and I am not saying it is 100% true. Everybody has the right to express their thoughts. So, just sit back and relax
Good Luck and God bless everyone.

Just got acceptance e-mail from director.She said that she wanted to call each candidate, but was not able to and that the candidate pool was very high this year.
In my opinion, what helped me: high GPA, a lot of experience and good manual skills.Very good English and right personal quolities did not hurt ether.Good luck everyone.

Just got acceptance e-mail from director.She said that she wanted to call each candidate, but was not able to and that the candidate pool was very high this year.
In my opinion, what helped me: high GPA, a lot of experience and good manual skills.Very good English and right personal quolities did not hurt ether.Good luck everyone.

Congratulations!!! Did you receive the email today? Can you please share your stats?

Congratulations Oralcare!!!!
Anything else you can tell us about your interview process that could help put our minds at ease is to weather we stand a chance getting accepted. And did the director happen to mention weather all the seats have been declared or not?

congrats oral care.....

please share your stats with us.... do you have any idea if all the candidates have been informed?
thanks!

I got the same latter today. I am so happy and good luck to the rest of you guys. Here the famous banana dance :banana::banana::banana:+pity+:banana::banana::banana:

Congrats Zaichik.....

Do you know if she s done dispatching emails?? what time did you get the email?

My husband woke me up at 9 AM like there was a fire in the house.Have no idea if she sent all e-mails.The official letter is coming by mail.
NBDE 1 79,TOEFL 103,GPA 3.53,experience home 4years,Canada 7 as a Certified dental assistant,Orthodontic Module, almost ideal on practical exam.Do not hesitate to ask.

congrats oral care and zaichik.
can u guys tell in which batch were u interviewed...

Thanks

oralcare,

What time zone are you in East coast or west coast ?

Thanks

Does it mean that now game is over?? Because i think they may have called and send an e-mail to everybody and all seats are declared already till now......:(

yeah I agree to Anvik..They had made few calls 2 days back and today rest of the people might be notified through e-mail..And its been already 2 hours since oral care has posted about acceptance..So I guess everyone accepted might have received e-mails..

Rest of us can wait for rejection/waitlist e-mail in couple of days..

@ Anvik :)
Wait till people start getting the email regarding waitlist. Why lose hope till then?

I wouldnt like to lose hope either but from earlier posts or even people with last yr experience have already mentioned that they send out e-mails on the same day..

I also think everything is over now..................

@ Anvik :)
Wait till people start getting the email regarding waitlist. Why lose hope till then?

yes Kash you are right now we just have to wait either waitlist or rejection letter..:( but personally i feel that even wait list wil also not going to help because this was the last college this year to announce their result and who ever will got the acceptence im sure they will not declined it..:confused:

Wait, do not loose hope.It seems they are busy and unable to do it at the same time.I am on West coast ,Pacific time

Hey guys i am on cumputer since last one hour and i have refreshed my inbox nearly 100 times but ......So sad :bang:

Zaichik & Oralcare123

The acceptance email that you guys got, is it dated yesterday(evening) or today(morning)?

Well, i don know what will happen... but i would just like to thank DFbund... Speechless2012.. zaichik... oral care... to keep us posted and well informed...
thank you guys for encouraging us... special thanks to happyindian for encouraging all of us yesterday...

Good luck with your future endeavours!