Uni of Co acceptance entering Jan 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Finally got some news, I am also on waitlist.
very disappointing :(

Members don't see this ad.

i also received the wait list mail today. Anyone has idea how much does it move... they dont say how much is the wait list no.? how many candidates they keep on list...any clue nyone....

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Pallkgmc,
Congrats i have heard that waitlist does move forward. I agree to indiak , don't lose hope.
Can you share your stats please?[/QUO

Thanks everyone!!!
my stats are 88/114/3.94(nbde1,toefl,gpa)

Pallkgmc, your stats are good!! stay confident you will get called...does anyone know how many students are in the waitlist?

Is the director still sending acceptance letters ?
Dont know whats happening ... anyone received rejection letter ... ?atleast we will be able to apply for the next cycle ..

R
I don't know why they don't send the rejection email/call, so we would get rid of this bad feeling:cool:....

Did anyone call to school or at least have some friends there to ask.

I was in the last batch, monday on the 24th. Received my email from Dr. Towne at 11 am.
Hope this helps.
hey, i got an acceptance too..i am from 24th bbatch as well...did u get the official letter by mail also apart from the email? and do u know anything about the confirmation packet? when will they send it?

congratulations chickchock,
i think they didnot send anything via mail yet. i got my acceptance email on june 5 th and am waiting since for the letter to come by mail. ca'nt wait to see it on paper.
welcome to the acceptance group:)

@ Chickchock .. congratulations for the acceptance ... Can you pls tell me when did you receive your email ?
are there any more seats left ?
or done with it?

hey, i got an acceptance too..i am from 24th bbatch as well...did u get the official letter by mail also apart from the email? and do u know anything about the confirmation packet? when will they send it?

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone received rejection email?! I'm really waiting for it, but no news...

@ Chickchock .. congratulations for the acceptance ... Can you pls tell me when did you receive your email ?
are there any more seats left ?
or done with it?
Thanks...I received on 5th june...i dont know about the seats left though

congratulations chickchock,
i think they didnot send anything via mail yet. i got my acceptance email on june 5 th and am waiting since for the letter to come by mail. ca'nt wait to see it on paper.
welcome to the acceptance group:)
Thanks indiak..congrats to u too....it would be nice to know the batchmates before hand.

Hey congrats.... welcome to the group!!!:thumbup:

hey guys...any idea if the acceptances are done? is the process over for good with the 5th of June?? please furnish some info if u know!!!its sickening to wait ...n ignorance is no bliss here :(

I called Jane Miller and she said that all the seats are full.There are 30 people in the wait list.

are u sure she said that? because wen i called her she said its under process and they cannot reveal anythin over fone...this was today morning!!! i mean why havent they sent any rejects yet???? this is so absurd...

I got mine too!!! tough luck...but yeah congrats to those who made it and all the very best to rest o us for the next cycle:thumbup:

:soexcited: :soexcited:
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
:claps:

IV on 8th May.. a little above Avergae stats..bench test went well so was interview..great school with very co-operative people :)

good luck guys

IV on 8th May.. a little above Avergae stats..bench test went well so was interview..great school with very co-operative people :)

good luck guys

Hey Congrats,

When did you hear from them??? If you don't mind can you please share your stats. Were you in the wait list and then got acceptance.

FINALLY!!! I got the email as well!!! yaaaay. So excited.
I hope the best of the luck to all of you who are still waiting. I wish all of you could feel this way as well, but don't lose heart, I know it will happen someday for each and every one of you.
I did pretty well on the practicals( in my opinion, and I'm glad the school thought so as well). Interview was relaxed and cool as well. My stats look like this: Part 1- 89, GPA- 3.25, TOEFL 115.
Time to party.:soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::zip:

Hi IndiaK,

Congratulations! I am planning to apply to UOC. Can you please tell me what preparation to expect for the clinical skills test. I am also planning to join a general dentist for observership. How long did you do the observership?
Thanks.

2th bud.:)

good luck guys
dear Dr 37
congrats
maiya

hey 2nd bud
i practiced for a couple of months at home with my own material for bench exam prep.i bought the compressor n handpc,burs..etc and worked on my hand skills.
as for the observership..i worked as a dental ass. for more than one yr and observership for about 1/2 year..

hey 2nd bud
i practiced for a couple of months at home with my own material for bench exam prep.i bought the compressor n handpc,burs..etc and worked on my hand skills.
as for the observership..i worked as a dental ass. for more than one yr and observership for about 1/2 year..
congratulation!
what was your compressor model?cause many of them r noisy. did you have any problem with the noise?plz tell me the brand and the model.

hey whoisthebest
mine is a silent compressor..didnot have prob of noise. it is from senco..

hey whoisthebest
mine is a silent compressor..didnot have prob of noise. it is from senco..
whould you plz tell me where to by one,cause i bought one from home depot but it was really noisy that i couldnt even practice without head sets ?do you live in an apartmant?you didn't have any problem with your neighbors?again plz send the model or a related link in internet.....tanx and again congratulation for acceptance.

Hey IndiaK,

Thanks for your reply got stuck in the applications. I have got the material now I'm ready to start the hands on practice.
Are there any specific cutoff scores for NBDE 1 and 2 at UOC?
Is it difficult to get an observer ship position because I don't know if the dentist expect some fees for accepting us for observer ship.

hey 2 nd bud
uoc doesnot need nbde-2 scores..if u already cleared the exam ,it is a bonus point in your application.
as far as observership goes ,a general dentist in your neighbourhood should not have any problem with it and i donot cost anything on your part. it should just add to your dental experience.:thumbup:

Thanks indiaK that helps.