United Kingdom c/o 2018 Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ok....so it sounds like you haven't really thought it all through yourself. You know income based repayment, the amount you owe continues to increase and you then have to pay taxes on the amount discharged....which will still be over $100K.

Average starting salaries WILL differ depending on what school you graduate from. Most job postings don't list a flat base salary, they negotiate it. And if they are getting 50 applications for one opening, are they going to think less of someone who didn't go to a US school and toss you out of the pile right there? UK vet school also means you are not eligible for many government programs which state you must attend a school in the US or Puerto Rico.

Based on UC Davis graduate data, lots of vet jobs don't pay medical, dental and vision. So you have to pay for that. If average starting salary is $65,000 (assuming you get a job) this is take-home $38179 in CA. If you pay the full tuition with loans, your monthly payment is $2100. This leaves you with $12,979 to pay for your cost of living. Which in CA is at least $9,600 in rent alone. Now you have $3379 left per year for food, utilities, pet care, gas etc. If you have to pay for your medical and dental, that is $2100 per year ish right there!

Well, since you seem to have it all figured out. Why are you asking?

Yes, I have thought it through. No, vet jobs are not going to put out a base salary though if you READ MY POST, you will realize I did not say that. Job postings will list a salary range, if you don't believe me, go look. Type into google, veterinary jobs postings. I know how hiring works (I have helped with it and where you graduated from had no bearing on what salary the vet was offered), you will sign an agreement to a salary, if you think you are getting ripped off, then don't agree to the job, but that is on you. For the most part, places do not care where you graduate from, some places will, some don't (you can't change this). Some clinics have prejudice against certain US schools too. If a clinic really has some prejudice against a certain school chances are great that they just simply will not waste the time to even interview you. If they have a budget for a new position then they will offer to you a salary, then you can accept or decline. There is no way to know if the place is going to offer you less because you graduating from Edinburgh vs. Iowa State (for example). I don't feel that is the case. I have never seen that happen, but I can't say that it doesn't nor can you say that it does. I have not heard of anyone here at Edinburgh saying that they are having issues with jobs yet. But I know it does happen, but it happens and is happening to people coming from the US schools too and this isn't just a get a poor salary offer, this is not being able to find a job. This is just a reflection of the current position of the state of vet med and is not a reflection upon the school. The UK schools are accredited and Edinburgh in particular is the sister school of Colorado State University vet school.

Yes I know how the income based repayment works... thank you very much. I also know exactly how much debt I will have upon graduation. I also know and have looked into how much it will cost me to pay back loans per month by going through both IBR and not going through IBR. It will be very, very difficult for anyone to manage the payments each month without doing IBR (these payments are sometimes more than your take home amount each month without IBR). Also, thank you for using an example of how much things cost while living in one of the most expensive places in the US... good job. If you want to live in an expensive area, then yes, it will be very difficult for you and you will have to conserve your living (you are going to have to do this no matter what). I KNOW this. I was raised this way. It DOES NOT bother me. I also don't plan on being silly and living in the middle of LA when I graduate (it can be done, I just don't plan on doing it). Also, you seem to know that most places don't provide insurance... please to tell me how you know this. Because every clinic I have ever been to has some sort of insurance available to their employees. Obviously, not all of them will, but again, this is something that you FIGURE OUT when you apply for a job and sign a contract. It isn't that hard to be smart about things and think about this place is offering me x salary with no insurance... can I manage?

So I will state again, that no, I do not think that you will be at a disadvantage coming from a UK school trying to find a job. I also do not think you are going to get offered less of a salary simply because of this. I also think that if you have these concerns then Edinburgh is not the right school for you and you need to go elsewhere. I am also not sure I believe you actually got accepted and instead want to troll the thread and act as if we haven't thought about our schooling, where we are going to school and the debt we are taking on, when the reality is that we know what we are doing and getting into. If you are unsure about going to a UK school then don't go and stop suggesting that we have no idea what we are doing.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Well, it sounds like your plan is to just hope for the best. Guess I am just looking for someone who has crunched numbers and come imp with a solid plan that shows it's doable without being destitute and I would like data on what percent of US grads successfully find employment. I live in CA, hence using CA costs. If you are going to do IBR, what is your plan come 25 years?

If people are having difficulty finding jobs period, how much leverage do you think a new grad has to bargain for benefits? I don't think it's quite so simple. The benefit data I found from UC Davis. They publish data on graduating student job placement and break down fringe benefits too.

Of course I am not a troll. I am just very concerned about personal finance and it does seem many pre vets out their have a starry eyed idea that everything will be ok simply because they will be doing what they love and they "don't need to be rich".

I did get in last cycle but had to defer due to personal reasons.

Well, it sounds like your plan is to just hope for the best. Guess I am just looking for someone who has crunched numbers and come imp with a solid plan that shows it's doable without being destitute and I would like data on what percent of US grads successfully find employment. I live in CA, hence using CA costs. If you are going to do IBR, what is your plan come 25 years?

If people are having difficulty finding jobs period, how much leverage do you think a new grad has to bargain for benefits? I don't think it's quite so simple. The benefit data I found from UC Davis. They publish data on graduating student job placement and break down fringe benefits too.

Of course I am not a troll. I am just very concerned about personal finance and it does seem many pre vets out their have a starry eyed idea that everything will be ok simply because they will be doing what they love and they "don't need to be rich".

You are asking for people to do something that is impossible. I have crunched out numbers for me. For what I know, for my personal debt, for where I plan on living and for offers I have from vets I already know. It is not my job to do this for you. Go figure it out. You have no idea when you graduate if you will be able to find a job, how much that job will pay or where you will be living. So, it is impossible to be able to come up with something exactly. I am not "hoping for the best"; I have done my research, I know what I am doing and have worked out how it will work for me.

Also, I am not saying in my post that a new grad should be "bargaining for benefits", some comprehension is needed. I said that you need to take seriously any offer you get... think to yourself, I am being offered x salary with no benefits or x benefits will I be able to manage this? That is what you will need to do. This is going to be what you have to do regardless of which vet school you graduate from. You have to weigh out the pros and cons of every offer that you get. Yes, it is difficult for vets to find jobs now, I am not saying that you are going to have leverage... hence my statement of "if you think you are getting screwed then decline the offer, but that is on YOU." That is basically saying, be careful with whatever you decline as there is no guarantee something better will come up.

I have been working within the veterinary field since I was 17, I am well aware of the financial strain and aspects, I am not "hoping for the best"; I have seen it first hand and have assisted with hiring. I do have a plan and have a decent idea of what I want to be doing and where I want to be going, but this will change should I choose to specialize.

Life is never static enough that you can sit out and calculate every possible scenario. You need to do this on your own. My tuition is different than yours, it goes up each year and then is remained the same for the 4 or 5 years you are at Edinburgh. Look at cost of living, figure out how much that costs. All I can tell you is that you will take out somewhere between $60-70K per year in loans at Edinburgh (I can't know what you will do, I only know what I do)... I can not predict how much you will make in 4 or 5 years time. I can not predict if your job offer will include benefits or not. I can not predict where you be living. I also do not know if you have any previous loans to pay back either. YOU are responsible for figuring YOUR **** out. Not me.

I am not a pre-vet, yes I agree that many people have a starry-eyed view of vet med that they will just be doing something they love and everything will be just fine. That is not me and if you pay any amount of attention to these threads and this forum, then you would be quite well aware that I am about as far from a starry-eyed pre-vet as they come. (I am also not a pre-vet, either). Also, I really do not need to be "rich".

Let me tell you this, if you want to be able to live comfortably for the rest of your life without ever worrying about finances, loans, or making ends meet, don't go into vet med... at all. Don't pass go, don't go to a US school or a UK school, just do not go. There is not a single vet school out there that you can graduate from and feel completely comfortable with finances after, if this is going to bother you, then run away.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)

No offense. But if you want all of this data - go look it up. Do the research yourself. As someone looking to go into vet med that is your responsibility to do so and you cannot rely on others to come up with a plan for your future for you financially, job-wise, or otherwise.

Anyone who decides to go into vet med needs to do some serious thinking over if they can handle the debt load they will take on as you will be living tight for a good portion of your life. Making loads of money in vet med is not common place. If that is something you cannot stomach then vet med is not the place for you. There is no room for starry eyed dreams here - there are no rainbows, unicorns, and fairy tale lands in vet med. No one is saying that everything will be ok just because they are doing what they love... you are missing something if that is what you are hearing. Everyone has their own plan for how they will tackle life in the future finding a job and making ends meet in vet med - you need to figure out for yourself if it is possible in your mind for your circumstances - no one can tell you for sure whether it will be. You may find it is not and that is ok.

All of my friends who graduated from here have jobs. All of them.

That being said, the market is currently in a state where you need to not be picky about where you work. You go where the jobs are.

All of my friends who graduated from here have jobs. All of them.

That being said, the market is currently in a state where you need to not be picky about where you work. You go where the jobs are.
shortnsweet is your screen name for a reason ;)

For those of you studying over in the UK right now, I'm curious, what is the general feel of the job market over there? Is it similar to the US right now? As in, the whole issue of there being too many vets/too few jobs/and so on. Is it less of an issue there at the moment? Or roughly the same?
I might end up staying there (if I go to Edin) or moving there in the future (if I study elsewhere), so I'm curious if the job market is generally similar to here or if it's not as bad just now. (I'm a British citizen so visas aren't an issue for me). I know it'll likely change in 4-5 years, but curious as to what it's like now nevertheless.

For those of you studying over in the UK right now, I'm curious, what is the general feel of the job market over there? Is it similar to the US right now? As in, the whole issue of there being too many vets/too few jobs/and so on. Is it less of an issue there at the moment? Or roughly the same?
I might end up staying there (if I go to Edin) or moving there in the future (if I study elsewhere), so I'm curious if the job market is generally similar to here or if it's not as bad just now. (I'm a British citizen so visas aren't an issue for me). I know it'll likely change in 4-5 years, but curious as to what it's like now nevertheless.

It is the same as it is in the US. In fact, a farmer that I was working with during this past summer commented on how awful the job market is for vets in both the UK and the US. So, the market is not any better over here than it is back in the US, unfortunately.

Members don't see this ad :)
It is the same as it is in the US. In fact, a farmer that I was working with during this past summer commented on how awful the job market is for vets in both the UK and the US. So, the market is not any better over here than it is back in the US, unfortunately.

bah, that's too bad. Thanks for the reply!

For the EDI people, they sent out another email about the facebook group, the link works this time to join the group

Congrats on all of the acceptances everyone! Like DVMDream, I am happy to answer questions about Dick Vet. :)
Hi, I've been accepted into the accelerated 4-year program at the University of Edinburgh and have a couple of questions. What are good places to live in Edinburgh that are close to the city centre but still convenient for getting to school? Also, are there any scholarships or funding opportunities that one can recommend for an international student? Thank you!

So I had my interview with Glasgow yesterday. I don't think I did to well, but I guess we will see in two weeks. I am really excited to see if I get in, but also dreading rejection. How did anyone else feel about the interview?

Hi, I've been accepted into the accelerated 4-year program at the University of Edinburgh and have a couple of questions. What are good places to live in Edinburgh that are close to the city centre but still convenient for getting to school? Also, are there any scholarships or funding opportunities that one can recommend for an international student? Thank you!

I second the good places to live question! :)

So I had my interview with Glasgow yesterday. I don't think I did to well, but I guess we will see in two weeks. I am really excited to see if I get in, but also dreading rejection. How did anyone else feel about the interview?

I had it yesterday too! The interviewers were really nice and welcoming :) I'm sure you did well. Hope we can hear back from them soon!

I had it yesterday too! The interviewers were really nice and welcoming :) I'm sure you did well. Hope we can hear back from them soon!

Have you heard back from them? I think they said they would get back to us in two weeks. Not looking forward to these two weeks lol. I have been checking my email like crazy.

Haha I just had a flashback to my interview 5 years ago. They started asking me questions, and I couldn't understand a word they said with the accent! Good times.

Last year they sent out invites by the end of the week... I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I didn't think my interview went well. I remember sitting in one of the Starbucks running over everything I thought I said wrong or could have said better.

haha I had Neil and Joyce so it wasn't bad. Who interviewed you?

Joyce and Billy.

3 years ago I heard back by the end of the week. Positive thoughts going your way ... Glasgow is amazing!

Good luck everyone!!! :) Glasgow is so timely about their responses you should hear soon.

Also for you current Glasgow students - what do you recommend in terms of housing? I like the idea of living so close by in Wolfson, but I hate the idea of catered halls since I prefer cooking for myself, and am not sure if I want to live with first year undergrads... I'm tempted by just finding a flat a little further out from campus, but don't know if that's a bad idea or not. Or possibly living in one of the non catered halls. Where did you guys live first year/what are your opinions on that??

Good luck everyone!!! :) Glasgow is so timely about their responses you should hear soon.

Also for you current Glasgow students - what do you recommend in terms of housing? I like the idea of living so close by in Wolfson, but I hate the idea of catered halls since I prefer cooking for myself, and am not sure if I want to live with first year undergrads... I'm tempted by just finding a flat a little further out from campus, but don't know if that's a bad idea or not. Or possibly living in one of the non catered halls. Where did you guys live first year/what are your opinions on that??

Do NOT live in Wolfson. Just don't do it. Pretty much everyone I have talked to who has ever lived their hated it. Plus you would be with 17 and 18 year olds....not the ideal study environment.

Live in Anniesland or the West End. I recommend finding an upper year or two to move in with.

Have you heard back from them? I think they said they would get back to us in two weeks. Not looking forward to these two weeks lol. I have been checking my email like crazy.
No I haven't actually…they still have some interviews to go to in NY too! I'm not sure when they will reply us…I guess I should have asked :p But yeah, I got Jill and Niel and they were SUPER friendly and nice. Fingers crossed, I'm sure you did excellent!

No I haven't actually…they still have some interviews to go to in NY too! I'm not sure when they will reply us…I guess I should have asked :p But yeah, I got Jill and Niel and they were SUPER friendly and nice. Fingers crossed, I'm sure you did excellent!
Ok, I just got my acceptance letter for Glasgow! They replied really, really fast! Looking forward to vet school :) I'm sure you guys will get your responses really soon as well!!

Reactions: 1 users
Unfortunately I did get rejected. I was pretty sad when I heard this morning.

Luckily I was volunteering at my favorite clinic today. Talking to the vet I look up to really helped make me feel better. She had to apply twice and also like me only applied to one school the first time. I asked Joyce for a file review so I can fix any problems with my application.

Congrats pawlover!!!

Unfortunately I did get rejected. I was pretty sad when I heard this morning.

Luckily I was volunteering at my favorite clinic today. Talking to the vet I look up to really helped make me feel better. She had to apply twice and also like me only applied to one school the first time. I asked Joyce for a file review so I can fix any problems with my application.

Congrats pawlover!!!
Hey vkajko, I'm so sorry to hear that :( You MUST try again! I'm sure you can get in on the next round! Don't give up!!

Hey vkajko, I'm so sorry to hear that :( You MUST try again! I'm sure you can get in on the next round! Don't give up!!

Thanks! I will be applying again this cycle, just to more schools and after getting horse experience and some research experience. Congrats though!

Hey All,

My absolute utter panic and terror over finances is subsiding and I'm getting more optimistic and excited about moving to the UK.

One thing I have completely forgotten about: Summer Breaks. For those at Edinburgh, do you get time off during the summer break?

Hey All,

My absolute utter panic and terror over finances is subsiding and I'm getting more optimistic and excited about moving to the UK.

One thing I have completely forgotten about: Summer Breaks. For those at Edinburgh, do you get time off during the summer break?

Yes, and no. And yes. And no.

Part of the curriculum here involves doing EMS work. Are you in the four or five year program? I can explain better how much of a break you will get if I know which program you are accepted in. :)

Congrats on your acceptance! You basically want to live where the 15, 67, and 47 buses run as they go to the vet school. I'm a big fan of Newington (and the surrounding areas). It's right on the 67 line but a 10-20 min walk to places like the school gym, the meadows, main library, city center, Edinburgh Castle, grassmarket, Arthur's Seat, etc. Other places that vet students live in are Bruntsfield, Grassmarket (especially if you like to party!), Morningside, Tollcross or Lothian Rd area, anywhere along Nicolson St., Newington Rd., Dalkeith rd, or near Cameron Toll area.
Keep in mind that you will buy a subsidised bus pass (unless you have a car) and you will be able to get into the city center (and everywhere along the way) pretty quickly as long as you're near a decent bus stop. Here is the bus website. http://lothianbuses.com/ Check lines 67, 15, and 47 then try to find places near those lines. You'll be golden!

As far as funding goes, there isn't much to mention for international students. Here is the Vet School's scholarships/funding page http://www.ed.ac.uk/schools-departments/student-funding/undergraduate
This is one for North Americans specifically. http://www.ed.ac.uk/schools-departm...te/international/north-america-ug-scholarship

Yes, and no. And yes. And no.

Part of the curriculum here involves doing EMS work. Are you in the four or five year program? I can explain better how much of a break you will get if I know which program you are accepted in. :)
I am in the GEP. I am hoping to have some of my work experience cover the dog/cat EMS. I am an animal care manager at a municipal shelter and have literally 4,000 hours logged in dog/cat husbandry, but I am still not quite sure how the ems all works.

I am in the GEP. I am hoping to have some of my work experience cover the dog/cat EMS. I am an animal care manager at a municipal shelter and have literally 4,000 hours logged in dog/cat husbandry, but I am still not quite sure how the ems all works.

Yes, you should be able to get an exemption for the dog/cat part and maybe for the "free choice" part of animal husbandry EMS.

You have two types of EMS to do: animal husbandry and clinical.

Animal husbandry EMS will need to be completed, for you by end of July of next year. Animal husbandry EMS is also broken down into various species:

2 weeks cattle (1 week must be UK dairy, I suggest signing up to do this at the farm associated with the school early on, they book up fast and it is much better to go out to that farm then to have to find another one in the area and travel to).

2 weeks sheep (most people do both weeks during lambing, though only 1 week of lambing is required, just easier to do 2 weeks, this happens during Easter Break, try to set up for the first 2 weeks of Easter Break for lambing, as you have AHWAFs exams right after and if you do the last 2 weeks, it is difficult to study before hand. And don't ignore AHWAFS, it kind of sneaks up on you out of nowhere since the exam is later on).

1 week of pigs

1 week of poultry

1 week cats and dogs

2 weeks horses

1 week small mammals

2 weeks of free choice

1 visit to a livestock market

So, a total of 12 weeks of animal husbandry EMS. You are able to get exemptions for any that you have had experience with prior. You must fill out the exemption forms and all the paperwork and send that in. You are able to get a maximum of 4 weeks exemption. All EMS must be completed when school is not in session. So, winter, easter (lambing) and summer breaks. I got 4 weeks exemption, did nothing at winter time, did 2 weeks lambing at Easter and then the other 6 weeks over summer. I had around a month at home for summer vacation. This covers the animal husbandry EMS.

After that GEP year, you move on to clinical EMS. This is getting experience within veterinary clinics. This also includes your SSC2 project (a research project or literature review). You have to complete 26 weeks of clinical EMS before sitting the final professional exam in final year. So this will occupy quite a bit of your summer time. You will still be able to take a few weeks off here and there, but you will have to do some work over the break to meet this requirement.

this thread's been quiet a while! (~o_o)~
A few random questions for those of you at Edinburgh...
I assume student's pets can be registered at the school teaching hospital's GP service? Is there any student discount?
Very random one - is the bookstore open on Sundays or just during the week, and do they have UoE dog collars/leashes and things? >_> yes i'm that guy hahah. I'm visiting next week and will be making a stop by the bookstore, if they have any doggie related things I'd get something for my pup ^_^
Also, any suggestions for things to visit while I'm in Edinburgh/at the school, I'd definitely appreciate! I'm going to be visiting the campus in a week, I'm so excited! Hoping to visit a few flats as well, hopefully I'll find something suitable, but we'll see.
Thanks!

I assume student's pets can be registered at the school teaching hospital's GP service? Is there any student discount?
Very random one - is the bookstore open on Sundays or just during the week, and do they have UoE dog collars/leashes and things? >_> yes i'm that guy hahah. I'm visiting next week and will be making a stop by the bookstore, if they have any doggie related things I'd get something for my pup ^_^
Also, any suggestions for things to visit while I'm in Edinburgh/at the school, I'd definitely appreciate! I'm going to be visiting the campus in a week, I'm so excited! Hoping to visit a few flats as well, hopefully I'll find something suitable, but we'll see.
Thanks!

I can't answer the questions about pets and the teaching hospital since I don't have pets that I have taken there. I have two rats and haven't needed to take them to the vet yet.

There isn't a bookstore. It does suck, but there is a way to order vet school things during the school year, more info will be emailed out around the time they do that. Usually the aim is to get stuff to students before Christmas break, so there will be some waiting in order. I can not recall if there were any pet collars/leashes or not. If not, you are free to suggest it to the students that run the program.

There is a museum that you can go to. They have free tours. Dolly the Sheep is there.

Climb Arthur's Seat.

You can visit the castle.

They have bus and boat tours that you can go on.

A lot of vet students seem to like The Southern restaurant, I thought it was just ok.

There are a ton of pubs/restaurants/etc, look at them and try what looks good to you.

Walk down the Royal Mile.

Whiskey Tour! (also on the Royal Mile)

Thanks!

There is a 33% discount at the vet hospital for vet students! I have definitely used it! :)

So... I've been MIA for a loooong time (vet school and EMS, FTW!). And I believe you've had most of your questions answered, but if you have anymore as you're getting ready to move, feel free to ask me. I am in the 5 year program, going into 2nd year, and I came from a similar situation as you.

I was 27 when I came to school last Fall and I was super worried about being in class with a lot of young kids, but as others have mentioned, it's really not a big deal at all. We actually have a fairly large number of students with previous degrees in our class. I can think of over 20 off the top of my head and I know I'm missing some. But it doesn't really matter, I actually get along with a lot of the 18 year olds just as well or better than I do with some of the other grads. As others have mentioned, they tend to be less competitive than the grads and they are definitely much more mature (for the most part) than 18 year olds in the states.

Anywho, like I said, if you have any questions, feel free to drop me a line. I'm going to be better about checking these forums. I'm a lot less stressed now that 1st year is over and I know I passed with flying colors. :)

So... I've been MIA for a loooong time (vet school and EMS, FTW!). And I believe you've had most of your questions answered, but if you have anymore as you're getting ready to move, feel free to ask me. I am in the 5 year program, going into 2nd year, and I came from a similar situation as you.

I was 27 when I came to school last Fall and I was super worried about being in class with a lot of young kids, but as others have mentioned, it's really not a big deal at all. We actually have a fairly large number of students with previous degrees in our class. I can think of over 20 off the top of my head and I know I'm missing some. But it doesn't really matter, I actually get along with a lot of the 18 year olds just as well or better than I do with some of the other grads. As others have mentioned, they tend to be less competitive than the grads and they are definitely much more mature (for the most part) than 18 year olds in the states.

Anywho, like I said, if you have any questions, feel free to drop me a line. I'm going to be better about checking these forums. I'm a lot less stressed now that 1st year is over and I know I passed with flying colors. :)

:hello:

Glad to see you made it through your first year! :) :)

i'm all moved over (/^_^)/ the weather's been fantastic, I can't believe how hot it is.
bit of a random question - my dog's microchip was registered with HomeAgain in the US, but I called them and they said they don't have their databases in the UK. The person I spoke with said I need to call up one of the microchip companies in the UK and register his number and my information with them. What are the main microchip companies/databases here? Doing a google I keep getting petlog.org.uk, which says it's the biggest (and looks like it's run by the kennel club? so i'd guess that'd make sense if it's a large one). Is that the one I should try to register him with? I don't know if they're actually the main one or not.
Thanks!!

i'm all moved over (/^_^)/ the weather's been fantastic, I can't believe how hot it is.
bit of a random question - my dog's microchip was registered with HomeAgain in the US, but I called them and they said they don't have their databases in the UK. The person I spoke with said I need to call up one of the microchip companies in the UK and register his number and my information with them. What are the main microchip companies/databases here? Doing a google I keep getting petlog.org.uk, which says it's the biggest (and looks like it's run by the kennel club? so i'd guess that'd make sense if it's a large one). Is that the one I should try to register him with? I don't know if they're actually the main one or not.
Thanks!!

HomeAgain microchips are ISO compliant, so it should be readable over in the UK. I am not sure which companies of microchip they have in the UK, to be honest. Your best bet is to call up a vet clinic and talk with them about what you need to do to get your dog registered over there. Good Luck! :)

HomeAgain microchips are ISO compliant, so it should be readable over in the UK. I am not sure which companies of microchip they have in the UK, to be honest. Your best bet is to call up a vet clinic and talk with them about what you need to do to get your dog registered over there. Good Luck! :)
Yeah that sounds like the best plan. Thanks!