University of California, San Diego - Fall 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ywho

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Starting UCSD 2014 Fall applicants thread.
Anyone hear back yet, or any news?

Good luck to all applicants!

Members don't see this ad.

I doubt anyone heard back yet. UCSD checks all applications after their deadline like UCSF.

Just curious how is the progress on their probationary status? I heard it was over a silly issue, but please do not quote me on that. It is a great school regardless so good luck everyone.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait, what is this probationary status about?

I have a concern. I applied slightly late, I sent in my supplemental on November 1st and didn't realize I had to send a money order. I went to FEDEX around 10pm and they informed me that even though it was the 1st that it wouldn't be sent out until the 2nd. I put my FEDEX receipt inside the envelope which indicated I went there and paid/shipped the payment on the 1st, and my money order also was dated the 1st.

Do you think my application will not be looked at? I'm so worried :(

I have a concern. I applied slightly late, I sent in my supplemental on November 1st and didn't realize I had to send a money order. I went to FEDEX around 10pm and they informed me that even though it was the 1st that it wouldn't be sent out until the 2nd. I put my FEDEX receipt inside the envelope which indicated I went there and paid/shipped the payment on the 1st, and my money order also was dated the 1st.

Do you think my application will not be looked at? I'm so worried :(
Is the date FEDEX received it the package? If it is, I'm guessing they will check it. A postmark from the post office would have been fine.

Is the date FEDEX received it the package? If it is, I'm guessing they will check it. A postmark from the post office would have been fine.
The official postmark would be 11/02/13 but on the front they wrote "shipped on 11/01/13" in handwriting. I also included the receipt from FEDEX which had the date I paid for it (11/01/13). I'm scared they won't open it :(

Members don't see this ad :)
My interview is on January 17th. And yes, they notified me by email. I'm sure you'll hear back soon!

I'm going there on the 17th as well. I'll see you guys there ! :)

how many interview dates does UCSD have?

Hey guys,

I go to UCSD as an undergrad, and although I decided not to apply to UCSD for Pharmacy, I'm here to answer any questions you have about the school or San Diego in general. UCSD is a great school and I'm sure you'd all love it here.

Good luck!

thats AWSEOM. why didnt you apply?????

There are a couple of factors:
1. I've heard they don't look favorably upon UCSD undergrads, they want students to explore elsewhere for their professional studies instead of staying at the same university for eight years.
2. I've been in San Diego forever, I thought it was time to just move away and start a fresh beginning with pharmacy school elsewhere.

Anyways, feel free to meet up with me or ask questions about your school when you have your interview. I'll probably be in the "spaceshuttle library".

For those of you who got an interview invite, when did you all submit your PharmCAS and supplemental?

I got an interview invite for Saturday February 8th (at 8am, UGH). Excited for this one! It'll be my first time in San Diego (New Yorker here).

For those of you who got an interview invite, when did you all submit your PharmCAS and supplemental?
Got interview on Jan 18, I submitted PharmCAS and supplemental around mid Oct.

got an interview for 1/17 at noon!

question, it might be a dumb one...but when accepting the interview offer are we supposed to write a formal letter?

I have not gotten an email yet. I am getting a little concerned now. Not even a rejection email. What's the deal? anyone know?

I have not gotten an email yet. I am getting a little concerned now. Not even a rejection email. What's the deal? anyone know?
I applied on nov 1st at like 10pm. I got a rejection.. But I'm telling you bc I applied extremely late (literally 2 hrs before the deadline) and I got a response a week ago. Idk when you applied. Are you sure they received your payment? Bc they also send a confirmation when they get your payment. If not... Wait until the holidays are over and then id try contacting them. Good luck!! Also check your spam... There could be a possibility of it being in there

I applied on nov 1st at like 10pm. I got a rejection.. But I'm telling you bc I applied extremely late (literally 2 hrs before the deadline) and I got a response a week ago. Idk when you applied. Are you sure they received your payment? Bc they also send a confirmation when they get your payment. If not... Wait until the holidays are over and then id try contacting them. Good luck!! Also check your spam... There could be a possibility of it being in there
I've been checking spam and everything. I applied in the summer and paid and got a confirmation email for the payment. So if they sent out rejection letters already then maybe it's a good sign that i don't have one yet ::crossing my fingers::

I've been checking spam and everything. I applied in the summer and paid and got a confirmation email for the payment. So if they sent out rejection letters already then maybe it's a good sign that i don't have one yet ::crossing my fingers::
I'm in the same boat as you Stark. Haven't received any emails from Skaggs yet either. Just wondering, are you from UCSD?

I e-submitted around October 6th then finished supplemental by November 1st or so.

I just booked a room at the Sheraton La Jolla Hotel 2/7-2/9, it was $130/night. The room has a sofa bed if anyone wants to pay me a bit to stay there, let me know. I also could change it to two queen beds pretty easily and we could split it down the middle.

Just got an interview invite today for 1/18! For those of you who still haven't received a reply yet there is still hope!

is anyone interviewing this weekend? hopefully, if you do, you can submit your comments on how it went. so i heard there aren't many interview dates.
just a couple.

specifically,

Fri. January 17
Sat. January 18
Fri. February 7
Sat. February 8

with morning and afternoon sessions

Reactions: 1 user
Angel is right about the interview dates. I'm a P1 at Skaggs i saw a few of you today, if you have any questions about interview or ucsd/skaggs in general feel free to ask. good luck guys! Oh and keep in mind that the interview at UCSD is pretty easy. They genuinely just want to get to know you and are generally more interested/ask about your interests outside of pharmacy :)

There are a couple of factors:
1. I've heard they don't look favorably upon UCSD undergrads, they want students to explore elsewhere for their professional studies instead of staying at the same university for eight years.
2. I've been in San Diego forever, I thought it was time to just move away and start a fresh beginning with pharmacy school elsewhere.

Anyways, feel free to meet up with me or ask questions about your school when you have your interview. I'll probably be in the "spaceshuttle library".
Thats a lie. Im in the P1 class right now at Skaggs and 17/63 of our class is from UCSD undergrad

might be a little early..but here is a facebook page for the upcoming class. https://www.facebook.com/groups/237097456467461/
-when u guys are accepted (and hopefully if im accepted!!!), feel free to join...it will be a little community!

**bump***

(boy....the conversation in this forum has been lacking..where is all the activity??? is this representative of the student population that attends ucsd?)

Hi everyone :) I was wondering if anyone's heard back about acceptances yet? It seems that last year around this time some people had already heard back... Just curious/anxious!!

Hi everyone :) I was wondering if anyone's heard back about acceptances yet? It seems that last year around this time some people had already heard back... Just curious/anxious!!
I HAVE HEARD... nothing :(.
I am hoping to hear back before I have to put down a deposit for a different school but I believe we were told not to expect anything until March.
Is this everyone's first choice?

They said at the interview that the first round of acceptances will come when the adcom meets at the end of February (they take a two week break after the 8th interview date) and then they will be trickling in after that... I guess the earliest anyone would hear back is the 24th, probably.

So this is week 2 after the last interview day. I hope to hear from them soon because I have to put down a deposit in 2 days (the odds are I have to).

Since I am getting really anxious, I went to last year thread to see around when people had heard from UCSD, just hopefully helps everyone get a general idea.

From last cycle (Entering Fall 2013)
Last interview day:
02/02 Day 0
People getting accepted:
02/08 Day 6
02/15 Day 13
02/22 Day 20
03/04 Day 30
People getting wailisted:
03/15 Day 41

So today (02/18) is Day 11 from the last interview date of this cycle (02/08). If this pattern reoccurs (ever?!?), we should hear in 2 days???? *Fingercrossed

I hope we hear from them soon!! I'm so anxious!

Reactions: 1 users
I received an acceptance letter via email today. I will probably be accepting the offer tomorrow or Friday. Good luck everyone!

I received an acceptance letter via email today. I will probably be accepting the offer tomorrow or Friday. Good luck everyone!
Congrats!!! I'm still waiting to hear back. I hope they get back to me soon...