University of Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is anyone interviewing January 27th?! I received my interview invite a few weeks ago but held off for a while on the interview because I'm out of state (Ohio resident).

Members don't see this ad.

To the people that have been accepted and going to CCOP, where are people planning to live or know good places to live, plus anyone looking for a roommate?

Members don't see this ad :)
To the people that have been accepted and going to CCOP, where are people planning to live or know good places to live, plus anyone looking for a roommate?

They actually give you a lot of good info and flyers regarding housing around campus and the current students talk a lot about that too (if you ask, they are really helpful). And I think people are looking for roommates on the official facebook page of accepted students.

I'm interviewing on the 13th. Pretty excited, was just offered the empty interview slot yesterday on the 10th.

Has anyone thats been accepted received a student ID number yet? I was filling out the NeedsAccess website form but need my number to submit it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone thats been accepted received a student ID number yet? I was filling out the NeedsAccess website form but need my number to submit it.

Nope! nothing of that sort either.. plus what is the NeedsAccess website for?

Nope! nothing of that sort either.. plus what is the NeedsAccess website for?

Well, glad to see I'm not the only one who hasn't gotten one from them.

On the financial aid form I got at the interview it says to fill out the form at www.needaccess.org so that you can be eligible for internal scholarships and need based awards.

Bleh didn't think I would be so antsy waiting for a response after the interview. Anyone know if they tell you if you have been rejected as well as been accepted? Seems like forever and it's only been 3 days haha! Enjoyed meeting everyone on Friday the 13th for those people that came. We had close to 40 people there but it didn't seem like there were too many, they were prepared well for the volume. Anyways, good luck fellow anticipators! :bang:

I got my ID number today and have started filling out the needaccess site.

My issue with it is that rather than asking me what I'm currently making money-wise, it asks about my projected income for the summer and the school year. Being from Illinois, I have no idea if I will even be able to get a job for the summer (since I'd be moving by August in order to start school) or when I'll find a job/how much it will pay once school has started. Is anyone else questioning this?

Thanks in advance, good luck to all interviewing in the next few months, and have an excellent day! :)

Can anyone that's had an interview already tell me around what time the interview ended? I know the email said 4-4:30 but I just want to see if anyone happened to be done sooner than that?

Can anyone that's had an interview already tell me around what time the interview ended? I know the email said 4-4:30 but I just want to see if anyone happened to be done sooner than that?

For my interview group, we actually ended between 4:45 and 5. I think it depends on how fast your group is during the group exercise, but I think the earliest I saw any group leave was 4:15. I'd say 4-4:30 is a pretty good estimate. Good luck!

I got my ID number today and have started filling out the needaccess site.

My issue with it is that rather than asking me what I'm currently making money-wise, it asks about my projected income for the summer and the school year. Being from Illinois, I have no idea if I will even be able to get a job for the summer (since I'd be moving by August in order to start school) or when I'll find a job/how much it will pay once school has started. Is anyone else questioning this?

Thanks in advance, good luck to all interviewing in the next few months, and have an excellent day! :)

Got my ID number as well. Since I don't already have a job lined up out there currently, I'm putting zero for expected income.

CONGRATS to those who have already been accepted and good luck to those interviewing on Friday! Let me know if you have any questions! :)

Dear yukaiyuri,

I was actually hoping you could help answer a question of mine. I'm currently trying to prepare for my interview. I've read online and heard from many people that UOC has a lot of opportunities for research. But I was hoping to hear your first hand experience, do the faculty encourage pursuing your own projects (are you currently working on anything yourself if you don't mind me asking)? I was also wondering what you enjoy most about the school/program/curriculum?

I'd appreciate any information you can provide me, thanks for posting Yukai it really does help a lot.

I just scheduled my interview! They called me to do an oral proficiency interview over the phone back in mid-December and I was getting anxious since it's already end of January and I hadn't heard anything yet.

I got a call this morning asking why I didn't respond to the interview invitation they sent out over email and I was like :eek: :scared: WHAT?! They said it might have gone into my junkmail, but I checked and didn't see anything so I asked her to resend it. I thought it was weird since I called one or two weeks ago and they said they hadn't even reviewed the phone interview yet. :confused:

Anyway, just a heads up for anybody still waiting. From the interview dates they sent me, interviews will last until mid-March.

For anybody who's gone to the interview from out-of-state, where did you stay while you were there?

For anybody who's gone to the interview from out-of-state, where did you stay while you were there?

I stayed at the Cambria suites. They offer a shuttle to/from the airport and the campus. The rooms are nice and provide a quiet atmosphere to relax. If you decide to make reservations, make sure you mention that you are coming for an interview at the medical campus to receive the discount.

I am so excited. I just heard form the University of Colorado. I have an interview on the 3rd of February. I am feeling a little nervous. Has anyone gone through the interview process yet. I would love to get some insight on what to expect next week.

Also have an interview at Regis University for the 10th of February.

I stayed at the Cambria suites. They offer a shuttle to/from the airport and the campus. The rooms are nice and provide a quiet atmosphere to relax. If you decide to make reservations, make sure you mention that you are coming for an interview at the medical campus to receive the discount.

this...As far as the interview process goes, the process isn't really that bad. For my interview, there was a presentation for the school, a tour, and then the interview/essays which were both not bad at all. The staff really goes out of their way to make you feel as comfortable as possible, so try and relax and just be yourself! Good luck to those interviewing!

I interviewed Dec 2nd and have not heard back at all yet. Should I follow up or let it be?

I interviewed Dec 2nd and have not heard back at all yet. Should I follow up or let it be?
I don't think it would hurt to call or send an email that professionally expresses your appreciation for being given the opportunity to interview, your continued interest and the inquiry on the status of your application. Mondays have seemed to be the golden day for acceptance emails going out, so I personally would wait until at least Tuesday. Seeing as they receive a large amount of applications each cycle, I'm guessing the AdCom has been busy trying to make interview selections at this time.

I know way back when I interviewed in October (seems like forever ago) they said as they get further into the admissions process the wait could last until April rolls around. Good luck and don't lose hope!

Like BadgerPharm said, at our interviews we were informed that the wait could take awhile. When we were leaving after the interview day, a small group of us talked to Cecilia Romero afterward. She told us that because of the Dec. application due date, the school had to save spots for students who turned in their apps right before and on the due date. That meant that only so many students would be accepted from each cycle until they could meet with the rest of the applicants.

Hope that helps, and good luck!! :)

For those who interviewed yesterday, how was it? :)

They compartmentalize each portion of the interview very well, so you won't feel a ton of stress. After lunch/orientation, you're split into groups in which you'll have your faculty interview, essay, and campus tour (this will be in a different order depending on how you're slotted), and then the group activity at the very end.

Interview questions were a nice balance of broad ("Why do you want to do pharmacy?") and situational ("Name a time you had to overcome a challenge, how you resolved it."). I think you're set for any interview if you know the answer to why you want to do pharmacy, what your strengths are that make you a fit to be a pharmacist, and having an idea of some past incidences/stories to share on "how you overcame [obstacle]." I haven't attended an interview that's deviated from these three core questions yet.

Overall atmosphere was pretty loose. If people were nervous yesterday, no one really showed it. It was a relatively gregarious bunch once everyone broke the ice.

Got a interview invitation not sure if I will go yet, need to think about it.

Do they offer a dual PharmD / Phd?

Has anyone received their acceptance email who was interviewed on jan 13t???:confused::confused:

I am so excited. I just heard form the University of Colorado. I have an interview on the 3rd of February. I am feeling a little nervous. Has anyone gone through the interview process yet. I would love to get some insight on what to expect next week.

Also have an interview at Regis University for the 10th of February.

I have an interview this upcoming February 3rd as well. I am also quite nervous but have heard from many people that it's pretty laid-back so I'm going to try to relax and just be myself (easier said than done, right?!) :) Maybe I'll meet you there!!!
Good luck!!

did they mention anything about approximately when they will meet/send out letters?

i think they meet once a month, but not too sure

I'm also waiting on a response from my interview on Jan. 13th, but I'm hoping that we'll hear back by Friday at the latest - 3 weeks seems to be the average time for them to send out decisions, I think.

I'm also waiting on a response from my interview on Jan. 13th, but I'm hoping that we'll hear back by Friday at the latest - 3 weeks seems to be the average time for them to send out decisions, I think.

You might not want to get your hopes up for Friday. I think most of us received our acceptances on Mondays, generally three weeks apart. Good luck! :)

You might not want to get your hopes up for Friday. I think most of us received our acceptances on Mondays, generally three weeks apart. Good luck! :)

Gotcha, thanks! I guess I won't be anxiously refreshing my email all day Friday then :)

I was curious how many people interviewing at University of Colorado rescheduled their interview due to the weather?

I have an interview this upcoming February 3rd as well. I am also quite nervous but have heard from many people that it's pretty laid-back so I'm going to try to relax and just be myself (easier said than done, right?!) :) Maybe I'll meet you there!!!
Good luck!!
That is really good advice. That is what I am trying to do as well. This storm/blizzard is making me nervous. I hate to have to wait that much longer to do the interview. I guess that I will just have to wait and see what tomorrow has in store for me. Good Luck.

I was curious how many people interviewing at University of Colorado rescheduled their interview due to the weather?

I am still planning on making it to the interview tomorrow. Apparently if they close the campus, they're going to move the interview to an off-campus site so those of us who are still planning on attending tomorrow should still get to interview. I'm really hoping that it doesn't snow as much as they think it does though!

wow just checked weather and there's a winter storm watch :scared:
I'm sure they will still hold interviews or they would've sent out a notification.

Best of luck tomorrow everyone!

I don't think it would hurt to call or send an email that professionally expresses your appreciation for being given the opportunity to interview, your continued interest and the inquiry on the status of your application. Mondays have seemed to be the golden day for acceptance emails going out, so I personally would wait until at least Tuesday. Seeing as they receive a large amount of applications each cycle, I'm guessing the AdCom has been busy trying to make interview selections at this time.

I know way back when I interviewed in October (seems like forever ago) they said as they get further into the admissions process the wait could last until April rolls around. Good luck and don't lose hope!
I had my interview today, and they said that you could receive your acceptance letter as late as the first week of April.

Current P1 here, just wanted to wish you all good luck at the interviews or congrats if you got accepted! If you are juggling acceptances, just come here, you won't regret it.

So I know it says pre-reqs have to be completed by spring of "12. I was enrolled in microbio since they weren't accepting my online credit. However, since was the only school I needed it for I dropped it because I still haven't heard anything regarding acceptance (I interviewed Dec 2nd)... Do you think they would let me complete this in the fall if accepted?!?! any advice from some P1's