University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck everyone!

Link to last years thread: University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Link to interview prep: University of Detroit Mercy School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone get an email for the link to pay fee and upload a photo?

Members don't see this ad :)
Received an interview invitation 30 minutes ago!

Reactions: 1 user
Interview #3
School: Detroit Mercy
Notification date: 8/1
Method of notification: Portal and email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/9
Application complete date: 6/19
GPA (science, overall): 3.39, 3.45
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/19/19/ No
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/17 or 10/15 (these dates are for virtual interviews, the in person interviews have different dates)
Method of interview: Virtual

Does Detroit Mercy require CASPer? Also, did anyone get an application complete email after submitting the supplemental fee?

Interview #3
School: Detroit Mercy
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/9
Application complete date: 6/19
GPA (science, overall): 3.39, 3.45
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/19/19/ No
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/17 or 10/15 (these dates are for virtual interviews, the in person interviews have different dates)

When did you submit the supplemental fee?

Can someone please clarify what those recorded questions to submit within 24 hrs of receiving interview invite are like.

Interview #2
School: University of Detroit Mercy
Residency: In state
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/1
Application complete date: 6/11
GPA (science, overall): 3.69, 3.56
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/24/21/19/ No
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/17

Has anyone successfully completed the kira assessment? I was trying to do it but it directs me to the assessment for the class of 2026 which I already completed when I applied last year.

Has anyone successfully completed the kira assessment? I was trying to do it but it directs me to the assessment for the class of 2026 which I already completed when I applied last year.
I completed it today but just realized that it says class of 2026.

I completed it today but just realized that it says class of 2026.
yeah I think they sent the wrong link cause they did the same thing last year and I had to rerecord my responses.

yeah I think they sent the wrong link cause they did the same thing last year and I had to rerecord my responses.

Does it still need to be done within 24 hrs? I haven’t done any prep at all so a little nervous tbh of wat to expect

Members don't see this ad :)
Does it still need to be done within 24 hrs? I haven’t done any prep at all so a little nervous tbh of wat to expect
I'm not sure. They sent me a link this morning but didn't specify when it has to be done. I would do it within 24 hours to be safe tho.

Just got an interview invite but they need you to do a pre-interview, does anyone what the questions are?

Did anyone on last year's waitlist just get a "class if full" email for 2026?

Interview
School: University of Detroit Mercy
Notification date: 8/22
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/18
Application complete date: 7/19
GPA (science, overall): 4.0, 3.99
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 27/30/21/24/ No
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/17

Does anyone know how long it takes to hear from the admissions office after the KIRA assessment?

Does anyone know how long it takes to hear from the admissions office after the KIRA assessment?
You just have your scheduled interview after the KIRA. The admissions office doesn't discuss KIRA results or anything

This is was included in the interview invitation:

“Once you have scheduled your interview through Vcita, the website will automatically send you a confirmation email. That is NOT your official confirmation. You will receive an official confirmation email from someone in the Office of Admissions with your exact interview time on the specified day along with other important information. You will receive your interview link on the Monday before your interview.”

Not sure what to expect since I scheduled my interview through Vcita, but haven’t heard from the office of admissions yet.

This is was included in the interview invitation:

“Once you have scheduled your interview through Vcita, the website will automatically send you a confirmation email. That is NOT your official confirmation. You will receive an official confirmation email from someone in the Office of Admissions with your exact interview time on the specified day along with other important information. You will receive your interview link on the Monday before your interview.”

Not sure what to expect since I scheduled my interview through Vcita, but haven’t heard from the office of admissions yet.
oh that, yeah I haven't received a confirmation for it either yet

If anyone has had their interview yet, did you wear your mask during the interview, or was it only worn when in the lobby/tour?

Does anyone know how we’re suppose to interview online? Like is it through zoom?

Any tips for the Interview?
Hi! had mines in person Saturday. There will be different groups they will divide you into and depending on that group (A,B, etc), you are given a sheet that describes the day's activities. There's a presentation (at the end, the 10-15 faculty that will be interviewing you will introduce themselves to the room), then the first group is led to their interviews. Two people interviewed me. Just the regular questions so why our school, tell us about your community service, what do you not like about dentistry, etc. I also had an ethical scenario or two thrown in there. Think about your answers ahead of time, but be yourself. Mask stayed on, which I did not like cause of the limitations with self-expression. After that, Dr. Chang answered questions, there was a tour and student panel answered questions. ps people take the attire way too serious on sdn. Not everyone was wearing a black suit or navy, and I did see heels passing 2 inches haha.

Hi! had mines in person Saturday. There will be different groups they will divide you into and depending on that group (A,B, etc), you are given a sheet that describes the day's activities. There's a presentation (at the end, the 10-15 faculty that will be interviewing you will introduce themselves to the room), then the first group is led to their interviews. Two people interviewed me. Just the regular questions so why our school, tell us about your community service, what do you not like about dentistry, etc. I also had an ethical scenario or two thrown in there. Think about your answers ahead of time, but be yourself. Mask stayed on, which I did not like cause of the limitations with self-expression. After that, Dr. Chang answered questions, there was a tour and student panel answered questions. ps people take the attire way too serious on sdn. Not everyone was wearing a black suit or navy, and I did see heels passing 2 inches haha.
Did you bring a portfolio, etc. with you?

Thank you so much for your feedback. Do you think they asked some hard questions? and how did think the interview went? I have mine soon and I am very nervous

Did you bring a portfolio, etc. with you?
Hi, yes! I borrowed this leather portfolio from my bf where I had written some questions to bring so I came prepared, but I saw purses, totes, and people carrying nothing so it really depends on you. You also leave your stuff in the room where the presentation is in so people had left personal belongings and were kind of walking around without them.

Thank you so much for your feedback. Do you think they asked some hard questions? and how did think the interview went? I have mine soon and I am very nervous
They didn't ask any questions that were out of the norm. What helped me was making a google doc of dental interview questions you can find on google and I kind of brainstormed/typed what I wanted to say for each and then did a mock interview after reading through my answers. I think it went okay, I do feel like other people I spoke with afterwards said theirs was more casual and conversational whereas mines had a lot of discussion about dentistry and felt kind of serious haha but the only thing to do is wait till December :)

They didn't ask any questions that were out of the norm. What helped me was making a google doc of dental interview questions you can find on google and I kind of brainstormed/typed what I wanted to say for each and then did a mock interview after reading through my answers. I think it went okay, I do feel like other people I spoke with afterwards said theirs was more casual and conversational whereas mines had a lot of discussion about dentistry and felt kind of serious haha but the only thing to do is wait till December :)
I missed it but did Dr. Chang answer when people should hear back about acceptance and the method of communication that it would be?

I missed it but did Dr. Chang answer when people should hear back about acceptance and the method of communication that it would be?

He said the earliest we would hear back is by December 15th, and it will be by phone call.

for those who already interviewed. how do you think you did? I feel like I didn't have enough time to express myself fully... and feel like very rushed.

for those who already interviewed. how do you think you did? I feel like I didn't have enough time to express myself fully... and feel like very rushed.
I agree, that's how I felt too:( but hopefully, we got our points across.

Hi, would you guys suggest sending a thank you email to the interviewers after the interview?

How was it?!!
Not bad!! My interview was more dry but after talking to current students, they said it had more to do with my interviewers personality. A lot of other people said theirs was more conversational so it just depends who you get

What kind of questions so we have to answer in the pre-interview test?

About how much percent of out of state applicants does Detroit-Mercy accept after the interview?

Does anyone know how long does it take to get the Kira evaluation results back?

Did anyone just get an acceptance letter email for the class of 2026? Maybe a glitch or something....