University of Florida C/O 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Son_Goku

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Starting this year, UF will not be accepting any students to their St. Pete campus. This will mathematically eliminate roughly 30 seats (about 10%) of the incoming class in an effort to decrease the student body to faculty ratio...

So with that being said... lets get this thread started!

Members don't see this ad.

I thought they stopped St. Pete admissions last year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck guys.. I just started my second year and it stinks!!

Is anyone familiar with UF's interview rescheduling policy? (I haven't gotten anything from them yet, but I found out about a potential conflict)

Is anyone familiar with UF's interview rescheduling policy? (I haven't gotten anything from them yet, but I found out about a potential conflict)

Depends on the conflict.

Just got my interview offer for 10/9! I'm not an early decision applicant but I submitted my application early.

Do you know what early decision is?
That I will be committed to the school once accepted. I believe that for Early Decision through PharmCAS you had to designate only one school and were not able to apply to anywhere unless your application gets denied. Let me know if I'm getting something wrong here... I previously verified with University of Florida that I am a regular decision applicant, just considered early because I submitted my application early.

What were your stats?
3.31 cumulative GPA, 3.21 science GPA, PCAT composite score of 97%
I have a B.A. in Neuroscience, worked in a lab for 4 years, was president of the pre-pharmacy society and a non-profit organization chapter, and volunteered at the VA outpatient pharmacy. I graduated from a top 20 university, but honestly I doubt how much that could've helped me lol

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
That I will be committed to the school once accepted. I believe that for Early Decision through PharmCAS you had to designate only one school and were not able to apply to anywhere unless your application gets denied. Let me know if I'm getting something wrong here... I previously verified with University of Florida that I am a regular decision applicant, just considered early because I submitted my application early.

I have a B.A. in Neuroscience, worked in a lab for 4 years, was president of the pre-pharmacy society and a non-profit organization chapter, and volunteered at the VA outpatient pharmacy. I graduated from a top 20 university, but honestly I doubt how much that could've helped me lol

Are you out of state?

Sounds great! Good luck at your interview.

Wow skype interviews, that's awesome. Wish more schools would do that, would save so much flight money.

Hello! I am also applying to UF! I just got an email that my application was verified by PharmCAS. How long did it take for UF to let you know about the interview?

Hello! I am also applying to UF! I just got an email that my application was verified by PharmCAS. How long did it take for UF to let you know about the interview?

No more interviews until 2016 from what I heard.

I just received an interview for October 22. PCAT : 68
Science GPA : 4.0
Pharmacy experience for a few months

No, Brevard Community College, just my AA with the pre requisites needed.

I had my interview on 10/9 and received my decision letter yesterday 10/13. I got accepted to the Gainesville campus, my first choice!

@New91: That is great. Congratulations. :) Would you mind telling us your stats? Thanks.

I had my interview on 10/9 and received my decision letter yesterday 10/13. I got accepted to the Gainesville campus, my first choice!

Congrats!

Welcome to the swamp life.

@New91: That is great. Congratulations. :) Would you mind telling us your stats? Thanks.
Graduating from UF in the spring. Science GPA 3.4 , PCAT Comp 94, and lots of extracurricular involvement with campus organizations.

UF Anthropology Major. Graduating Fall 2015
Science GPA: 2.91
PCAT: 94%
A lot of leadership/involvement and work as Pharmacy tech for almost a year.

Got an interview for 10/22 for UF. Are there any tips or anyone remember the questions they ask?

Got an interview for 10/22 for UF. Are there any tips or anyone remember the questions they ask?
Congrats! See you at the interview!

Overall GPA?

I interviewed on 10/9 and got accepted last week to the Gainesville campus.
The interview process was chill, the ambassadors and staff made sure you feel comfortable and welcome. The questions were typical job interview/personal statement questions, nothing too intimidating. Everyone was really friendly, so my tip would be to just relax. Good luck!!!!!

I interviewed 10/9 and was accepted to Gainesville also. It was a really relaxed interview, not really any hard questions at all. I'm out of state and only found out recently I could've done a skype interview, so that sucks.

I interviewed on 10/9 and got accepted last week to the Gainesville campus.
The interview process was chill, the ambassadors and staff made sure you feel comfortable and welcome. The questions were typical job interview/personal statement questions, nothing too intimidating. Everyone was really friendly, so my tip would be to just relax. Good luck!!!!!

Congrats! Hopefully I'll get in too

Starting this year, UF will not be accepting any students to their St. Pete campus. This will mathematically eliminate roughly 30 seats (about 10%) of the incoming class in an effort to decrease the student body to faculty ratio...

So with that being said... lets get this thread started!
Did everyone have both a science professor and pharmacist for both rec letters?

Did everyone have both a science professor and pharmacist for both rec letters?

For my rec letters, I had my science professor and my PI. I had little pharmacy experience but extensive research experience.

just got my interview for november 19th!

99 pcat 2.52 sci gpa, wat yall think? apply or not? apply get in??

No, i wrote/ submitted it

YOWAT I'd apply to all 6 Florida schools. I have a friend with an 87 PCAT and a sub-3 GPA and he has trouble getting interviews, but a 99 PCAT may open more doors.

I think the faculty would be concerned about whether or not you could handle the courses. We have people who had 3.9 undergrad GPAs and they're barely getting Cs in pharmacy school.

Reactions: 1 user
YOWAT I'd apply to all 6 Florida schools. I have a friend with an 87 PCAT and a sub-3 GPA and he has trouble getting interviews, but a 99 PCAT may open more doors.

I think the faculty would be concerned about whether or not you could handle the courses. We have people who had 3.9 undergrad GPAs and they're barely getting Cs in pharmacy school.

How'd you figure that?

87 Pcat and 3+ GPA is way better than a 99 and 2.5.

No my friend has a GPA below 3. I don't know how far below, but I've heard that they usually are afraid to take on students that drop below 3.0.

The very high PCAT would make me look for extenuating circumstances if I was on the admissions committee. Did the applicant underestimate the difficulty of college courses at first? Did he initially have poor time management skills? Has the problem been corrected?

Reactions: 1 user